WDW Vacation Pricing?

Im not sure if anyone knows of some good vacation planners to go through other than the Walt Disney Travel Co. to get better pricing, But I called WDW this morning to get tentative pricing (I still would really love to go this summer) on Hotel, Tickets, Airfare and the Disney Dining Plan and this is the pricing I got:
for dates 7/5/2010 - 7/12/2010
Hotel (Pop Century) + 5 Park Hopper Tickets (I still have 2 park hoppers left from when I worked for the company) + DDP = 1,658.87

And with a roundtrip airplane ticket from Fresno, CA to Orlando, FL it came out to a total of = 2,230.27

Now since this is my first time looking into planning my WDW trip myself (I usually go to DLR and my family has planned everything themselves in the past for them and we the kids when we went to WDW- though Im not a kind anymore! :tongue:) Im not sure if I am getting jipped anywhere or if the pricing I was given was a fairly decent amount.

Any info, insider tips or help would be much appreciated! Thank you! :smile:

That is probably the pricing that they offer now. If that is what you want then book it. Put the deposit down, make payments and watch for discount codes to come out.

Personally, I do not think it is wise to go mid summer. I would consider other dates, if your schedule allows. It is horribly hot and crowded. After Labor day is usually nice. Just a thought.

How many people is that for? In the past I have booked trips there via AAA. I would always get my airfare later. This way I could hunt around. I have also booked trips ala carte. I booked my rooms on travelocity, airfare somewhere else and passes when I got there. I would hunt around. Now that I am in DVC, I don’t do all that anymore. I may have to since I won’t be using all of my points for just disney.

Also it’s more pricy in the summer

I use AAA I’m not really sure just how much the savings is but it is time saver, they do everything when it comes to booking.
good luck!!

Sign on Allears.net and Mousesavers.com and AAA and ask the prefered agents they have for a quote. We have done it all three ways, using agents and done our own.
Unless there is a 4/3 deal or free dinning, I have found it best to piece it together myself.

[QUOTE=Kidani & Me;1009875]How many people is that for?

Also it’s more pricy in the summer[/QUOTE]

The trip is just for myself, I can probably get time to go in September, I am 4th on the roster at work for Vacation during the summer (I get 2 full weeks off) and I asked both my boss and supervisor that if I am going out of state can I choose my vacation period first so I can book a plane ticket and my hotel room, they said yes, so Maybe I will look into going in September. I hate going to FL during the summer, the crowds and heat just suck, I have never been there during September but I have heard the weather and crowds are much much nicer.

Thanks for all of the help everyone, I will definitely look into all of the tips everyone gave me.

If you go in September there is a good possibility you could get free dining… plus you could attend Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party…

OMG! I paid $1096 this past sept for my dd8 and myself for pop 9 nights 9 park BASE tickets and free dining.
For sept 2010 trip i was quoed $1850 for 8 nights pop 8 base dayy tickets no ddp hope its free for 3 adults 1 kid me dh dd 11 dd8.

OMG! I paid $1096 this past sept for my dd8 and myself for pop 9 nights 9 park BASE tickets and free dining.
For sept 2010 trip i was quoed $1850 for 8 nights pop 8 base dayy tickets no ddp hope its free for 3 adults 1 kid me dh dd 11 dd8.

September is the perfect time to go, most kids are back in school and the weather is great. If I can figure out how, I will PM you with the name of the guy i’ve used in the past from mouseketrips…he was wonderful, and if a better deal comes up they automatically book it for you at the lower price

That is too expensive. I travel with the whole fam = 5 ppl and t]we stay for less. I don’t do the hopper anymore though, but that price is too high for one person at a value.:huh:

[QUOTE=anaheimboy;1009916]The trip is just for myself, I can probably get time to go in September, I am 4th on the roster at work for Vacation during the summer (I get 2 full weeks off) and I asked both my boss and supervisor that if I am going out of state can I choose my vacation period first so I can book a plane ticket and my hotel room, they said yes, so Maybe I will look into going in September. I hate going to FL during the summer, the crowds and heat just suck, I have never been there during September but I have heard the weather and crowds are much much nicer.

Thanks for all of the help everyone, I will definitely look into all of the tips everyone gave me.[/QUOTE]

Have you considered renting points and staying at a DVC resort? You have to buy DDP and park tickets but it generally works out as cheap as doing value even with various promotions.

I book the exact same way. I use AAA to book the Disney trips but everything else I hunt around for the cheapest prices. It always seems to come out cheaper that way for us.