We actually planned a trip for July 2009!

I am shocked, because I didn’t think it was doable this year. However, we have StarPoints we are able to use at the Sheraton Safari (right at DTD) which gets us a room using Points, for FREE!!! DH agreed that you really can’t beat FREE and he told me to book a week in July. We have park tickets AND plus options we can use in the Water Parks. In July, we are going to need that! :ohmy:

Although I am thrilled to be going in July, I am actually kind of upset that we won’t be staying onsite and we won’t be able to purchase the Dining Plan. :crying: I know this trip is supposed to be about saving money, but still…I am going to miss the Dining Plan! :crying:

Anyway, PLEASE reassure me that we will still have a great time even though we are offsite. We own timeshare offsite and we used to stay EXCLUSIVELY at Vistana Resort/Vistana Villages! But lately we have been staying onsite and I have to admit, I am going to miss it this trip. :crying:

I also MIGHT be able to add a night or two at SSR with Developer points, if I can’t rent them all. So we will see…:huh:.

For now, it’s 1 week at the Sheraton Safari - 7/12-7/19. :happy:

Yay, Kim!!!

That’s great news!!!

I think you should use up your plus options…your kids are the perfect age to enjoy the waterparks!!!

You’ve stayed at the Sheraton Safari before, right? It’s so close, you’ll be fine!!! Don’t worry about the dining plan…this way you won’t be so tied down to ADR’s. You can come and go as you like!!

[QUOTE=LAURENGOLD;925582]Yay, Kim!!!

That’s great news!!!

I think you should use up your plus options…your kids are the perfect age to enjoy the waterparks!!!

You’ve stayed at the Sheraton Safari before, right? It’s so close, you’ll be fine!!! Don’t worry about the dining plan…this way you won’t be so tied down to ADR’s. You can come and go as you like!![/QUOTE]

Hey girlie!!! Glad to see you here!!! Hey, I finished my TR…not like you can access it! However, I posted my PhotoPics here. Check em out!

Yes, I have stayed at the Sheraton Safari before…for 1 night! But it was fine and the room was actually a GREAT room!!! And we also loved the look of the pool, even though we didn’t use it.

I will be making 1 or 2 dinner ADRs…can you guess which ones? But I guess you are right…we will be able to just eat what we want, where we want. This will be my first trip since 2005 without the Dining Plan. :crying:

That’s great news, Kim. Even off site and no dining plan you’re still going to have a great time.

Have fun planning–You’re going to Disney World!!

[QUOTE=iluvwdw;925587]Hey girlie!!! Glad to see you here!!! Hey, I finished my TR…not like you can access it! However, I posted my PhotoPics here. Check em out!

Yes, I have stayed at the Sheraton Safari before…for 1 night! But it was fine and the room was actually a GREAT room!!! And we also loved the look of the pool, even though we didn’t use it.

I will be making 1 or 2 dinner ADRs…can you guess which ones? But I guess you are right…we will be able to just eat what we want, where we want. This will be my first trip since 2005 without the Dining Plan. :crying:[/QUOTE]

I guess…

Le Celllier…

Tutto Italia…

Am I right?? Do I win?? What do I win??? LOL!!!

I am glad you are getting to go anyway! see it worked out for both of us!!! You are going to have a great time regardless of where you stay. Off-site may be a good thing in July…you have more options. No worries…it’s going to be fantastic!

[QUOTE=LAURENGOLD;925605]I guess…

Le Celllier…

Tutto Italia…

Am I right?? Do I win?? What do I win??? LOL!!![/QUOTE]

YOU’RE RIGHT! And you win my friendship! HA!!! :blink::happy::laugh:

[QUOTE=packerbeth;925591]Not too long ago, you posted that you wouldn’t be able to go back this year, so I’m glad that you’ll be making your way back to the World! I’d definitely give up the DDP, as much as I love it, as long as it meant that I could be at WDW! Lots of folks stay offsite and have a wonderful time. We stayed at ASMu in the fall, but it might as well have been offsite because we only slept there; didn’t even use transportation (or EMH for that matter!)

Have a wonderful time![/QUOTE]

You are right! I did do a post not that long ago and said we weren’t going to be able to go at all. So I guess offsite is better than not at all!!! :laugh: It will be fine, I’m sure. I just feel lucky to get to go! I was going to wait until October to get the Gift Card for my bday and my son’s bday (we are 4 days apart!) but I don’t know if I can wait til then. So July it is for now! :laugh:

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;925600]That’s great news, Kim. Even off site and no dining plan you’re still going to have a great time.

Have fun planning–You’re going to Disney World!![/QUOTE]

You are right…being off site and not having the Dining Plan is better than not going at all. :happy:

I know, we both originally said we weren’t going at all and look at us. We both get trips in 2009! Granted, mine isn’t my dream trip, but we’ll have a blast anyway, I’m sure. :happy:

See! I knew it! Haha, what did I tell ya! :tongue: I am so glad you get to go, even though you are making some sacrifices it will be an awesome trip! Congrats!

You may find out that it is not so bad after all without the dining plan. On our last trip there was a huge mixup in which MS added DD’s BFF to our reservation but then at some point–not sure when–she was removed from our reservation. When we got to AKL, they were unable to add her back on because there’s only supposed to be 4 in a room–not 5. For some reason I trully thought that you could have 5 in the AK rooms. Anyhow, because they could not add her to the reservation we were unable to have DP for her.

Luckily they let her stay in the room and sent us up an airmattress at no charge. On the trip, we kept all of our reservations and just paid OP for her meals and snacks. We always knew that the DP givees you way too much food. Since we shared some of our counter services and we never use all of our snacks the only thing we paid for OP for her was our dinners. We actually came out money ahead on the deal.

It got DH and I to really look at what it costs us for the DP as well as what we would spend ordering what we wanted, but not wasting. We figure that we can still buy snacks and eat dessert and order whatever we want and come out cheaper by not using the DP. (This is because DD and I can’t finish a meal to save our lives–way too much food.

Long story short, don’t stress too much about not having DP. Look at the menus on Allearsnet and budget according to where you want to eat. Who knows you may see that you can do better than the DP too.

I agree, we’ve gone with and w/o the dining plan and we’ve decided that we don’t miss the dining plan. Our son turned 10 last summer so he’s now an “adult” on the dining plan. There’s no way he’ll ever eat $40 worth of food so I think we’re done with the dining plan. I actually felt pressured to eat when we were using the dining plan and it was nice to relax and eat what we wanted and not order food we really didn’t want or eat.

[QUOTE=Pooh Fan;926036]
It got DH and I to really look at what it costs us for the DP as well as what we would spend ordering what we wanted, but not wasting. We figure that we can still buy snacks and eat dessert and order whatever we want and come out cheaper by not using the DP. (This is because DD and I can’t finish a meal to save our lives–way too much food.

Long story short, don’t stress too much about not having DP. Look at the menus on Allearsnet and budget according to where you want to eat. Who knows you may see that you can do better than the DP too.[/QUOTE]

as pooh fan said I also got the DP the first 2 trips and figured that I wasnt going to spend as much money on what they were gicing me and that would let me actually choose where I could go. like the sheraton safari has a Chilli’s right across the street from it. I think! but it has the best service at chilli’s ever, in the crossroads there is a cici’s pizza and a bunch of little restaurants that are pretty good! and a supermarket incase u want to buy some groceries.

Good for you Kim! I’m glad to see you won’t miss a year.

:blink: It’s crazy that we all worry about the little things!We are in the same sitituation (almost) with the DDP this March. Only we are staying in Disney but had a large medical bill pop up. So now I’m not sure if I should stretch our finances to add it on. It really was bothering me. Kind of silly isn’t it? At least we will be there. I need to get a grip!!!

You can’t beat FREE-You will have a great time, ITS DISNEY…and now you will be able to share your opinion on staying off site and dinning without the plan. The day you leave is the day we arrive.

Thanks for the reassurance, everyone! I am actually considering DDE-Tables in Wonderland…whatever it’s called. Is it worth the annual fee? Will I save enough money to make it worth it? :confused:

We always have. I think the savings add up quickly with our one table service meal per day. Alcoholic drinks are also included in the discount.

Awesome. Exactly how much is it to get the Tables In Wonderland Card? Exactly what does it cover? How many people?:confused: