We are going on our 1st Disney cruise

Last night I just booked our 1st Disney cruise for DH and myself. We will be on the Magic from Oct 3rd thru Oct 10th. We are both so excited. We decided to drive down and we are going to spend the night before and the night after the cruise in Disney world. I just have to figured out which DVC resort we want to stay in.
Im sure that Im going to have a lot of questions about this cruise since it is our first disney cruise, so if I start driving ya’all nuts please feel free to tell me to stop. LOL OoO

Yay! I am verrrrry excited about your trip! Haha. I have been dying to know more about the Cruise and how they work, and how people enjoy them! Looking forward to your TR!

Have a great time!!

Very cool!! Congratulations! Happy planning. :happy:

Oh I am excited for you too- we have our first cruise booked too, not Disney but the Med so I share your joy!!

[QUOTE=WEDINDISNEY;928172]Last night I just booked our 1st Disney cruise for DH and myself. We will be on the Magic from Oct 3rd thru Oct 10th. We are both so excited. We decided to drive down and we are going to spend the night before and the night after the cruise in Disney world. I just have to figured out which DVC resort we want to stay in.
Im sure that Im going to have a lot of questions about this cruise since it is our first disney cruise, so if I start driving ya’all nuts please feel free to tell me to stop. LOL OoO

Congrats to you!!! Can’t help with the questions as I have never cruised with disney or anyone for that matter…jsut wanted to chime in with the congrats!

Congratulations!!! We just booked our very first Disney Cruise too… We are going in September tho. I am sure you will have a lot of fun!!! I know we are looking forward to going on ours… ooooh gotta get those passports for the kiddos.

Ah, my favorite subject! I hope you will get hooked like we did. We have our third already booked - see my loooong countdown.

Congrats! My DW and I just went on our first disney cruise last october. Infact it was the same week as the one that your taking. It was great and you will love it. I’m hooked and I don’t think that I could go with any other cruiseline. Let me know if you have any questions. I will answer as much as I can.

Thanks so much… We can’t wait to go…
I have so many questions you have no idea…
Any help that you can give me would be so AWESOME!

Heres a few that I can think of now… (Im so sorry)

Should we pre-pay gratuties before we leave or as soon as we get on the ship?
What is the dinner attire like for Formal night or at Palo?
Is it worth bringing a lap-top with us?

Thanks OoO

We want or at least I know I want to go on a Disney cruise. Can’t wait to hear all about it

[QUOTE=WEDINDISNEY;928555]Should we pre-pay gratuties before we leave or as soon as we get on the ship?
What is the dinner attire like for Formal night or at Palo?
Is it worth bringing a lap-top with us?

Thanks OoO[/QUOTE]

• It would not be my preference to prepay gratuities. I go to guest services a couple of days before the end of the cruise. Then I know how service has been and if I want to give any extra.
  • Formal night we have rented tuxes (they can have them waiting in your stateroom) for the men and a black dress for me. For Polo is was a Jacket and tie. It does not have to be that formal, but it feels fun to us.
  • I personally did not want to bring a laptop. I did use their common computers to check email in a couple of times.

Do you have the Passporter book for DCL? If not you should get it. It is a fun read and answers so many questions.

Congratulations!!! We will be going this Thanksgiving and can’t wait. DH will only let me book it every other year, but if I could do it every trip I would. I have even gotten friends to come with me, now they are hooked!

I did a trip report on this…

http://www.mousebuzz.com/forum/trip-reports/40656-nitas-trip-report-nov-15-nov-27th-2007-a-2.html

Check out the pics and fun things to do…

Congratulations! You’re going to have a great time. As all your questions, we have many experienced cruisers here who can help you out.

I would wait until you get on the cruise and experience the service first had before you tip.

You can get as formal as you wish or, I also saw some pretty casually dressed people as well. Whatever you feel like doing.

I wouldn’t bring the laptop unless you REALLY think you’ll need it. You are on vacation, no need to worry about anything else but relaxing and having a great time.

Congrats! You will have a blast! I’ve never been on a Disney Cruise, but I’ve been on other cruises and LOVE LOVE LOVE Cruising!!!:wub:

Did you pay for the cruise using DVC points???

[QUOTE=jk8;928656]- It would not be my preference to prepay gratuities. I go to guest services a couple of days before the end of the cruise. Then I know how service has been and if I want to give any extra.

• Formal night we have rented tuxes (they can have them waiting in your stateroom) for the men and a black dress for me. For Polo is was a Jacket and tie. It does not have to be that formal, but it feels fun to us.
  • I personally did not want to bring a laptop. I did use their common computers to check email in a couple of times.

Do you have the Passporter book for DCL? If not you should get it. It is a fun read and answers so many questions.[/QUOTE]

Is the book out yet? The last that I read it was comming out in April 09… if its out allready I will be going out to get one tomorrow…

[QUOTE=iluvwdw;928704]Congrats! You will have a blast! I’ve never been on a Disney Cruise, but I’ve been on other cruises and LOVE LOVE LOVE Cruising!!!:wub:

Did you pay for the cruise using DVC points???[/QUOTE]

We have only been on 1 other cruise and that was carnival 5 years ago and we had a blast…
Nope we didnt use our DVC points, we only have 150 which wasnt nearly enough to have the balcony room. We were going to use points and pay the rest in cash but I didnt want to do that either cause I wanted to make sure that I had points to do other vacations over the next 2 years… We are going to use some of our points to stay in disney the night before the cruise… I really want to try and get Bay Lake towers but its too early to call…

[QUOTE=WEDINDISNEY;928822]We have only been on 1 other cruise and that was carnival 5 years ago and we had a blast…
Nope we didnt use our DVC points, we only have 150 which wasnt nearly enough to have the balcony room. We were going to use points and pay the rest in cash but I didnt want to do that either cause I wanted to make sure that I had points to do other vacations over the next 2 years… We are going to use some of our points to stay in disney the night before the cruise… I really want to try and get Bay Lake towers but its too early to call…[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a great plan! BTW, you can call March 15th for Bay Lake Towers. :happy:

I hope to go on a Disney Cruise one day. I have a bunch of points, but I have heard that using points isn’t a good value. I heard if you want to go on a cruise in lieu of going to WDW, rent out your points then book the cruise with the money you made renting points. :cool:

Yes it wasnt worth it at all to use our points for the cruise plus I did want to keep the points. Thanks for the info on Bay Lake… I have to mark that on my calendar so that I can call 1st thing in the am… :happy:

Ah, I was not thinking about the latest edition. I have the 2008 one.

We booked our first Disney Wonder cruise. The eastern Bahama 4 nighter, 1/3-1/7/10.

We banked & borrowed enough DVC points for a week before at WDW, the cruise, and a week after (marathon week). So we’ll only be out of pocket for gratuities, and land meals/souvenirs, not to mention the airfare to get to Florida.

Has anyone gone to WDW first, then the cruise, and then back to WDW? I’m trying to figure out if the DCL bus is provided, or if that’s an extra fee? Anyone know the answer to this?