We made a decision - sort of

Well… we earlier talked about a long-range plan for taking grandson Aidan to his first WDW experience. We decided on 2013 and we’re staying at the Beach club (maybe in a villa). We will have the entire trip paid for by the time we go. Having stayed at the Yacht Club, we know Stormalong Bay is a must. Aidan will be 4 by then and he’ll have a GRAND time. It will be Aidan, his mom and dad, DW, DD and me. (Aidan’s dad and his auntie (DD) are the cute kids in my Avatar). We’re looking at an 8-night stay…

Now here’s the fun(ner) part…

What DD and I have planned is that we tell everyone else we’re staying at Caribbean Beach Resort. Then after two or three nights, we switch to Beach Club – AS A SURPRISE. We’ll make the switch while everyone else is away. DD and I love WDW tricks!

OF COURSE, DD and can’t wait three years, so she and I wil go for a “planning trip” next year & stay at All-Star Movies for 4 or 5 days.

Sound OK to everyone?

Sounds great, I have never tried the “surprise” switch and am interested in how you will pull it off with 2 families involved and 2 rooms. You have awhile to figure out the logistics of it all and am anxious to hear how it will unfold.

Sounds like a great plan!!!

Sounds perfect! I am sure you will have fun planning and executing such an awesome surprise!

Lisa

your plan sounds great!!! they will love it, i’m sure…

This past December, my wife and I did a surprise switch on our kids, DS7 & DD11, we stayed and AKL for 4 nights and told them after the 4th night we would be switching to Pop Century for the rest of the vacation… So Thursday at noon we are in the loby of the AKL all checked-out (they are thinking to switch resort) when actually we boarded for the Disney Cruise:pirate:… that was our first ever cruise… I video recorded when we dropped the news on them as they lined us up to board the Magical Express to Cape Canaveral…

the video still makes me :crying:

record the moment, you’ll be glad you did…:laugh:

[QUOTE=phayes93;1027795]Well… we earlier talked about a long-range plan for taking grandson Aidan to his first WDW experience. We decided on 2013 and we’re staying at the Beach club (maybe in a villa). We will have the entire trip paid for by the time we go. Having stayed at the Yacht Club, we know Stormalong Bay is a must. Aidan will be 4 by then and he’ll have a GRAND time. It will be Aidan, his mom and dad, DW, DD and me. (Aidan’s dad and his auntie (DD) are the cute kids in my Avatar). We’re looking at an 8-night stay…

Now here’s the fun(ner) part…

What DD and I have planned is that we tell everyone else we’re staying at Caribbean Beach Resort. Then after two or three nights, we switch to Beach Club – AS A SURPRISE. We’ll make the switch while everyone else is away. DD and I love WDW tricks!

OF COURSE, DD and can’t wait three years, so she and I wil go for a “planning trip” next year & stay at All-Star Movies for 4 or 5 days.

Sound OK to everyone?[/QUOTE]

I think it sounds awesome. You should pack up and move everyone’s stuff while they are at the park. that would be really cool.

It sounds like a fantastic plan!

I hope it all comes to fruition with no problems. I have been trying to my 40th bday next year for the last couple years but I can’t do anything since we using our DVC points and it is too early to book yet. Plus I keep changing my mind as to where I want to stay :stuck_out_tongue:

But I look forward to hearing you future TR :slight_smile: