We made the reservations

So, weve been debating whether we were going to ever get to Tokyo like we had planned. Originally we were going to go last December but with everything that happened with the baby we decided not to. I had pretty much figured on giving up hopes of taking a trip since we only have a year left and DH taking leave just doesn’t happen to often. (twice in the last 3 years, one doesn’t count because it was when the youngest was in the hospital). We were talking about Christmas presents and I told him Id really like to take a family trip instead of getting a bunch of gifts that the girls might or might not play with…

Sooo… Guess whos going to Tokyo in November?? We originally look for December since its the easiest time for DH to get off of work. However, the hotels are already booked. So, we looked at November instead. We are going from November 10th-November 19th. We have to transfer hotels twice but thats fine (its simple to transfer hotels so Im not really worried about it). We also have 3 birthdays to celebrate (mines Nov 9, DH’s is Nov 11 and youngest DD’s first is Nov 13). We are going to spend 4 days at Disney Tokyo (2 at each park), 1 day at the Hello Kitty Theme Park (oldest DD is obsessed with Hello Kitty) and the rest sight seeing around Tokyo. There are quite a few places that Ive wanted to see…

Now I have to plan!

How exciting! Congrats on booking your trip, it sounds like a great plan!

That’s great! I just love the excitement of knowing I’m going and I’m pretty sure we’re all the same way…even if its someone else going!
What a great time to go, when you can celebrate 3 of your birthdays together. Have a great time!

How exciting! You deserve a break, and what a nice trip to plan…memories last longer than toys anyday! Good for you! And what an opportunity while you are living in Japan…way to go.

I assume you will write us a TR so that we can get a clue about DW-Tokyo…wow, I cant wait!

Trip report with pictures too please so that we all can see!!!

How wonderful :happy:
So now, post the plans :biggrin:

Tokyo is one of the trips on my dream list so I want to know every last detail. This is so exciting!

Good for you. And not that far away either. As other’s have said, take lots of pictures. Keep us updated.:wub:

Yay! Definitely post pics and details. I’d love to go to Tokyo!

This is one TR I can’t wait to see. So exciting for you and your family. Again as others have requested LOTS of pictures please.

Hello kitty theme park!!!:ohmy: DD would be in heaven!!!

Thanks everyone! Im starting on the plans today, we just ordered a couple of Tokyo guides. Im hoping they help figure everything out.
Pictures is a must. I have 3 memory cards and Im taking my laptop… I need to order a few extra batteries (Im really bad about forgetting to charge them when Im out and about).
DD is thrilled about the Hello Kitty park. Shes not a big talker but every time I mention Tokyo she says she wants to go to the Ello itty ark… Can’t pronounce it but she wants to go!
Ill be posting ALOT about this. Im a bit of an overplanner and I love to get others opinions on things. Ive never traveled with two kids before so this should be a new experience.

This sounds like a great trip, have fun! I can’t wait to see the pictures and hear all about it.

[QUOTE=WishIWasThere;982187]1 day at the Hello Kitty Theme Park (oldest DD is obsessed with Hello Kitty)
[/QUOTE]

OMG there’s a Hello Kitty Theme Park??? :eek::wub::eek::wub:

Your plans sound great! How cute that your family has 3 birthdays in November.

[QUOTE=Jen;982472]OMG there’s a Hello Kitty Theme Park??? :eek::wub::eek::wub:

Your plans sound great! How cute that your family has 3 birthdays in November.[/QUOTE]

Theres actually two. The one we are going to is Puroland (SANRIO PUROLAND ONLINE). Theres another called Harmonyland (Harmonyland)

The birthdays are amusing and annoying at the same time. When DH and I started dating I mentioned mine was in November he said his was the same. Ended up he was 363 days older than me (mines the 9th, his the 11th). When I found out I was pregnant we joked she would carry on the tradition of every other day and be born on the 13th. She was born November 13th 2008. Now I have to make 3 birthday cakes in one week.

please give us some updates…have a great time

How exciting! How long of trip for you to get to Tokyo from where you are? I can’t wait to hear your plans and hear all about the trip after you’re done.

Look at that countdown…you’re already under 100 days (double digits, yay!)…we’re like 23 months out and that is too depressing to post so I’m posting current things in our lives that we are looking forward to til our WDW trip comes a bit closer, lol.

[QUOTE=BDavis932;983225]How exciting! How long of trip for you to get to Tokyo from where you are? I can’t wait to hear your plans and hear all about the trip after you’re done.

Look at that countdown…you’re already under 100 days (double digits, yay!)…we’re like 23 months out and that is too depressing to post so I’m posting current things in our lives that we are looking forward to til our WDW trip comes a bit closer, lol.[/QUOTE]

about 2 hours give or take by plane.

Pretty much. We will most likely be taking a Space A flight (basically, military planes aren’t always full so they give the opportunity for military members and depends to take a flight for free) so we will fly into the base about 30 minutes from our hotel. The hotel is about a 10 minute train ride from Disneyland.

That is so awesome. Wish we could’ve went while there. Sadly though I didn’t even know it existed until after we left. Take many pics as the only part I got to see of mainland was Osaka.

Kadena, Courtney, Tori, Butler, Hansen or Foster?