We may not all be able to eat together as a family......WHAT?!

So I made our ADR’s and I have to say I’m a little peeved!:glare:
I called and TRIED to make ressie for 10 of us at Le Cellier, and was told we may not all be able to sit together! WHAT??? This is all part of the Grand Gathering and we can’t sit together? What kind of GRAND Gathering is that?
Needless to say, I made the ressies. Oh and at Teppan Endo they said we may not even all be in the same room?
Has this happend to anyone else? And should I really excpect not to be seated with our entire family?
Oh and we are eating at 8:45 at LeCellier so it’s not like I picked prime time to eat.
Ok I feel a little better now that I vented…Thank you for listening :pinch:

I think usually they have to tell you that, but I am sure that they will make every attempt at seating you together… I have never heard of them not. I am sure that if you showed up at 6:30 there would be more of a chance… but not 8:45…

hanwill is right, the restaurant will do everything they can to seat you together. Some restaurants are better set up for large parties. Hoop Dee Doo and 'Ohana come to mind, they either have large table of can more table.

They told me that at 50’s Primetime one time and also at Garden Grill, but both times we were together. I think at 50’s primetime they had the adults at one table for 4 and the kids right next to us at another table for four. I wouldn’t worry about it. I think they just say that as a worse case scenario.

We did a Grand Gathering with 14 of us in '05, and I made all of our ADRs. The CM told me the same thing with a promise that each restaurant would do their best to seat us together, and at each and every meal we all ate together.:happy: I wouldn’t worry too much about it!:happy:

Thank you all so much–you put mind over active mind at ease!

Hopefully you have good luck with this one.
This fall our party of 6 mostly ate at CS, one of the reasons were because it just wasn’t worth the hassle, the other because of scheduling freedoms. Of the 4 TS restaurants we ate at 3 were a 4 top with 2 extra chairs added. 1 truly was and the other 2 seemed like they should’ve been. The 1 I refused to stay at, similar to the way I walked out of Red Lobster just this past Sunday for doing the same thing, but fortunately Disney was nice enough to re-accomodate.
So, hopefully you’ll receive 3 Four tops minus 2 chairs rather than 2 four tops with 2 extra chairs s-q-u-e-e-z-e-d in.
Good Luck.

Do you have any ressies left to make? It is so fun to eat in a huge group at Ohana… I know someone mentioned i tin this thread already, but I just wanted to say that if I had a huge group, I would definitely try to get a post at Ohana…

Yes thank you! I am looking for new things to try.
What is Ohana’s like?

We were just there as a group of 20 is December and they told us the same thing when we booked, but ended up sitting relatively close to each other at all the restaurants. We never sat at one big table, but were always at tables next to each other.

I tried to book Le Cellier but was told that they couldn’t take parties that large and that we could book 3 separete ressies, but then we would have to be there at least an hour early just to tell the CMs working that we were together and would like to sit near each other. Too much of a headache IMO, so I booked somewhere else. Good luck!

[QUOTE=tinker2222;1015298]Yes thank you! I am looking for new things to try.
What is Ohana’s like?[/QUOTE]

Ohana is a family-style Polynesian restaurant with a Castle view (and fireworks if the times coincide with your dinner!). There are huge grills in the middle of the room, with gigantic skewers of all sorts of meats being cooked. The menu is fixed… they start with amazing bread and salad with the most delicious dressing ever. Then they bring the skewers of chicken. Then they bring the skewers of pork. Then the skewers of shrimp… you get the idea. Dessert is awe-inspiring bread pudding (trust me!)
Do you like tropical cocktails? this is a great place to get them! And there are some fun things to do for kids – hula dancing and coconut sweeping. Lots of people wear leis!
I just don’t have enough good things to say about how fun and delicious Ohana is!

[QUOTE=MissDisney;1015304]Ohana is a family-style Polynesian restaurant with a Castle view (and fireworks if the times coincide with your dinner!). There are huge grills in the middle of the room, with gigantic skewers of all sorts of meats being cooked. The menu is fixed… they start with amazing bread and salad with the most delicious dressing ever. Then they bring the skewers of chicken. Then they bring the skewers of pork. Then the skewers of shrimp… you get the idea. Dessert is awe-inspiring bread pudding (trust me!)
Do you like tropical cocktails? this is a great place to get them! And there are some fun things to do for kids – hula dancing and coconut sweeping. Lots of people wear leis!
I just don’t have enough good things to say about how fun and delicious Ohana is![/QUOTE]

Oh that sounds like fun, I think I’ll try it out. Thanks!

We did our Grand Gathering in Aug. 08 (party of 10) and we were able to sit together at Animal Kingdom. Also, we make most ressies together (my brother usually travels when we do). They always say they may have to split the tables, but we are usually together. When they did have to split the tables, we’ve always been right next to each other.

The CM’s have always tried to accomodate us if we need a larger table. Good tip a CM told me if our ressie is in a park we are in was to stop by the sign in desk well before your seating (1.5-2 hours if possible). Let them know you will have a big group and they should be able to work the table plan better. Obviously this does not work for breakfast but a call from the room might work for that. They will try, but sometimes even the CM’s plans go astray if a party does not leave within the 1-1.5 hr time frame they consider average.

Ohana does sound delicious and fun! I think we’ll add it to our list too.

I was just on allears, it’s a pretty small menu, but seems tasty!:happy:

It is SOOOO delicious. There are other items not listed here that are good. the dessert is delish! It has enough side items and meat to keep you full… It is much better then I thought it would be…

My Brother and SIL just ate there. First thing he did when they got home was e-mail me to make sure we have adrs for O’Hana’s because of the amount of food they have that would even fill my two teenage boys. So, I’m assuming even though the menu is small, you will be filled!