We need costume ideas for MNSSHP

So I broke and told Madison about my ticket purchase yesterday and she asked me what we were going to dress as. I looked at her with a confused look and said I’m not too sure so she said ask my mickey friends as she calls all of you :laugh:

So anyone have any ideas.
She does have a belle dress and that Minnie dress I posted pics of a while back all decked out in rhinestones and all. She was thinking of being Minnie but wanted us to match or dress like a pair.
I just don’t want to wear heavy face makeup as it may be hot and I do want to be able to move :laugh:

I was thinking of ursula and ariel but not sure how to make ursula. Any suggestions would be a great help.

Thanks all

Let her pick the costume and you just find something that works with it. We always did Halloween Tshirts and punked them out with halloween stockings and some funky hair…normal clothes, so it was comfortable.

That’s a good idea. My oldest (who refuses to go) has a ton of the clip on color extensions from hot topic. Perhaps I could do something like that. She actually wanted to go as ketchup & mustard (yeah right)

It’s actually kinda fun. you can wear shorts or a skirt and wear those great stripped halloween stockings…it’s fun.

Face painting is FREE at the MNSSHP events . . . you just have to get on line early!

Where layers . . . we’ve been the last 5 years, and the weather has not been the same from year to year . . . we’ve had HOT, so HUMID can’t breathe, ideal and freezing! :laugh::laugh:

Still an AWESOME time either way!!

Ursala could be easy, Black dress and you could use felt or fabric paint to paint on the octopus suckers! :laugh: Then wear a wig . . . doesn’t she have a big mole on her face and wear red lips? EASY!!

Yeah that sounds a lot better than dressing up as ketchup :laugh: I’m going to start looking online for the halloween stuff now. Thanks.

Definitely go for comfort!! I’ve already started breaking in the shoes for my costume this year so I don’t have blisters distracting me from my Disney fun… :laugh:

A decked out Minnie dress sounds cute!! Could you get a purple or pink dress and go as Daisy? For Ursula I bet you could just wear a black dress (or shirt and pants) and maybe attach some “tentacles” on the bottom in some kind of light flowy material, if you didn’t want to get a whole big costume that weighs you down.

Hope you have a GREAT time!!! :happy:

Check this link: Ursula Costume - Costumzee.com

We SAW Ketchup and Mustard the first year we went! We went on Pirates with them…hysterical.

But, yeah! I would stick to more disney themed costumes.

I got a great Minnie outfit on Ebay one year - no makeup, just a minnie dress, and ears and a bow…it was cute, but in retrospect, a bit short:blush:

last year we were all pirates and I think we will redo that this year because we worked so hard to pull them together…and my hubby was just the cutest pirate!:wub::wub:

Definately be comfortable (read: cool) What night are you going???We are going the Sept. 29th.

[QUOTE=cowanfamily;961629]We SAW Ketchup and Mustard the first year we went! We went on Pirates with them…hysterical.

But, yeah! I would stick to more disney themed costumes.

I got a great Minnie outfit on Ebay one year - no makeup, just a minnie dress, and ears and a bow…it was cute, but in retrospect, a bit short:blush:

last year we were all pirates and I think we will redo that this year because we worked so hard to pull them together…and my hubby was just the cutest pirate!:wub::wub:

Definately be comfortable (read: cool) What night are you going???We are going the Sept. 29th.[/QUOTE]
We are going to go Sept 18. I can’t wait. I’m just undecided what to do.
I got madisons minnie off Ebay too. Hmmm…I may try to make ursula

Thanks so much for that link! This may be easy to make.

We are thinking of doing BBB Boutique earlier in the day and the Pirates League after 4 for the 2 kids!!! That makes it easy on me and then they have there costumes for Halloween when we get home. I’m making a poodle skirt with no netting so it won’t be heavy for my sell and the kids father refuses to dress up he isn’t into Halloween like the rest of us we are just glad he is coming.

But tinkerbelle24 why don’t you two be minnie and micky. You could just wear normal red pants or jogging pants attach some felt buttons and a black tee shirt. Then you just need some white gloves and some ears. Easy!

[QUOTE=MomBee;961678]We are thinking of doing BBB Boutique earlier in the day and the Pirates League after 4 for the 2 kids!!! That makes it easy on me and then they have there costumes for Halloween when we get home. I’m making a poodle skirt with no netting so it won’t be heavy for my sell and the kids father refuses to dress up he isn’t into Halloween like the rest of us we are just glad he is coming.

But tinkerbelle24 why don’t you two be minnie and micky. You could just wear normal red pants or jogging pants attach some felt buttons and a black tee shirt. Then you just need some white gloves and some ears. Easy![/QUOTE]

I thought about that as well. I’m just not sure about the pants.
Your poodle skirt is a great idea.
I’m still trying to figure out how to make ursula

Ok all. I need your help. I think I’m going to try and make the ursula costume. I went through my closet and found a pair of black capris I don’t ever use and a black shirt.
I need to figure out how to make the legs for the costume. I was thinking of going to the fabric store and getting black sparkle shimmer fabric and cut it long ways and stuff it with stuffing and sew it up. I would need 8. Do ya all think that would work?
I’m also going to go to ac moore and get sea shells. For the earings I’m going to paint them purple and glue the shells to a pair of studs I don’t want anymore. For the necklace I’m going to paint a shell yellow.
For my hair I’m going to set in curlers overnight and spray stiff with instant freeze so I can tease out and up. How can I make my hair white? I don’t want a wig.
Now…I was thinking I’m not about to paint my body purple BUT if I can find some purple body glitter that would be awesome. I’m also going to do the makeup as well with the blue eyeshadow but I’m going to add my sliver urban decay sparkle dust to it so I’m a shimmering ursula.

So what do you all think? Will it work?

[QUOTE=tinkerbelle24;962150]Ok all. I need your help. I think I’m going to try and make the ursula costume. I went through my closet and found a pair of black capris I don’t ever use and a black shirt.
I need to figure out how to make the legs for the costume. I was thinking of going to the fabric store and getting black sparkle shimmer fabric and cut it long ways and stuff it with stuffing and sew it up. I would need 8. Do ya all think that would work?
I’m also going to go to ac moore and get sea shells. For the earings I’m going to paint them purple and glue the shells to a pair of studs I don’t want anymore. For the necklace I’m going to paint a shell yellow.
For my hair I’m going to set in curlers overnight and spray stiff with instant freeze so I can tease out and up. How can I make my hair white? I don’t want a wig.
Now…I was thinking I’m not about to paint my body purple BUT if I can find some purple body glitter that would be awesome. I’m also going to do the makeup as well with the blue eyeshadow but I’m going to add my sliver urban decay sparkle dust to it so I’m a shimmering ursula.

So what do you all think? Will it work?[/QUOTE]

Sounds great!! If you don’t want the puffy legs, just paint them on or have them just at the bottom, it’ll have the same feel.

I think if you use the spray on white Halloween hairspray, that will REALLY help your hair to stand on end!! That stuff is like glue!

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;962152]Sounds great!! If you don’t want the puffy legs, just paint them on or have them just at the bottom, it’ll have the same feel.

I think if you use the spray on white Halloween hairspray, that will REALLY help your hair to stand on end!! That stuff is like glue![/QUOTE]
Oh yeah…I forgot about the white hairspray. Is it the same as the spray in color stuff? I want to add a ton of sparkle to this :laugh:

One more question…how do you paint on the legs?

[QUOTE=tinkerbelle24;962150]Ok all. I need your help. I think I’m going to try and make the ursula costume. I went through my closet and found a pair of black capris I don’t ever use and a black shirt.
[/QUOTE]
How about using black tights? Then you don’t have to sew the fabric up. Just buy 4 pairs of black tights, cut the legs off of the panties part and stuff them with fiber fill. Then you can just sew the tops up to keep the fiber fill inside. If you want, you can tack them onto the capris or just safety pin them on. I think that would be easier than trying to make legs, but I’m a lousy seamstress.

OMG! This is such a wonderful idea! I love it. I think this would be my best bet! Thanks so much for thinking of this.

I think black tights are GENIUS! But I wouldn’t do fiberfill- it’s surprisingly heavy. I’d stuff with packing peanuts!

Glitter paint on the tights to octopus them up further?