Weather and Crowds?

Anyone at the World right now? A very good friend of mine is leaving tomorrow morning for her honeymoon and I would like to give her a “live” update as to what she’s in for. Thanks!

My son works at Epcot and says that weather has been okay during the day, but pretty chilly at night. Regarding crowds, they were expecting 80,000 in Epcot tomorrow.:ohmy:

Holey-moley :ohmy:

wow, wow what else can be said…We are Leaving our WHITE CHRISTMAS tomorrow night for the World for one week…would be nice if the parks do not capacity out every day.

WOW!! When we were there last week, there were 54,000 and I thought that was a lot! The fastpasses for Soarin’ were gone by 10:30am (Park opened at 9)

It’s 62 right now in South Florida - and we are suppose to have a cold and rainy snap starting the day after Christmas. Tell them to DRESS in LAYERS!! They’ll start out in the am with jackets, scarfs, hats and gloves, by 11am they will start peeling off the layers and then by 4pm they’ll be putting them back on!

Here is what weather.com is saying for Walt Disney World - I would trust this, it was dead on last week!

weather.com

Merry Christmas everyone. It’s bright and sunny at the World at the moment! This may be my first Christmas here where it doesn’t rain here! Even though there’s still a 30% chance.

Yesterday, I took care of 70,000 people at MK since I was the Town Square captain, the first person they would see. There are more to come. Not a single room in any resort on property is available. Over half a million people at WDW now. It must be Christmas time!

[QUOTE=RowdyRAider;1060023]Merry Christmas everyone. It’s bright and sunny at the World at the moment! This may be my first Christmas here where it doesn’t rain here! Even though there’s still a 30% chance.

Yesterday, I took care of 70,000 people at MK since I was the Town Square captain, the first person they would see. There are more to come. Not a single room in any resort on property is available. Over half a million people at WDW now. It must be Christmas time![/QUOTE]

Unreal. I can’t imagine that sea of people. Don’t you get scared when they all roll into the park? :ph34r:

Not at all. I just look at it as a HUGE audience for me. A sea of people is the least of my problems as a leader in Entertainment :wink:

That “sea” packed Main Street-all the way to the entrance, for the fireworks show on our last day (12/23). It was amazing!!

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;1060009]WOW!! When we were there last week, there were 54,000 and I thought that was a lot! The fastpasses for Soarin’ were gone by 10:30am (Park opened at 9)
[/QUOTE]

How do you find out what the attendance was on a given day? Is it posted in the parks somewhere?

Just curious! Also, what is “capacity” for each park?

Sorry if this is answered somewhere else!
Merry Christmas!!!

Weather has been cold in the am but very nice in the afternoon.
The HI on 26 Dec is supposed to by mid 50’s with lows Monday nite through Wed nite being 30, 28, 34. Pretty chilly!!! Don’t think we’ll see the 60’s until the 29th.
Was at the MK at 8am on Christmas Eve and 7am Christmas morning. Neat place to be those days… especially early.
Frank

Just watched the weather.
Move the dates above ahead one day to Sunday nite thru Tuesday nite for the below freezing temps during the nite.
Frank

[QUOTE=richaimg;1060031]How do you find out what the attendance was on a given day? Is it posted in the parks somewhere?

Just curious! Also, what is “capacity” for each park?

Sorry if this is answered somewhere else!
Merry Christmas!!![/QUOTE]

Ask a cast member-They will give you a projected number for the day.

I think that would be so exciting! I was there on the 4th of July and that was a blast. Someday, we will have to spend Christmas in the World.