Weather ? for FL people

So I know weather can’t be predicted an hour from now, but the looong range forecast for our trip is rain, rain, rain and rain for the first four days. But if you look at the details (on accuweather.com) it says hours of rain 2. So why not say chance of rain? I’m assuming they are talking about the standard afternoon downpour. Do you agree?

I don’t live in Florida, but know that there is a chance of rain every single day from May until September…lol If you don’t like the weather in Florida, wait a minute because it’s changes that fast. It’s going to be fine Jo-jo. Sometimes the rain is the best time to go out and see things because everyone else is hiding inside :slight_smile:

One of the years we were in Florida we were expecting 5 days of rain because of the weather forecast and I panicked and then packed ponchos and figured we would just roll with it. We did have one night where it rained steady, but it turned out to be one of our favorite nights ever.

I wouldn’t worry one bit about it. I am sure you will have long stretches of sunshine with brief showers to cool you down a bit.

I’ve learned that if you don’t like the weather, wait 5 minutes. There is always a chance for rain in the summer. Usually, it doesn’t last long at all, but it is so muggy and humid when it briefly downpours then the sun comes out and dries it.

Pack your parkas and snow boots.

BTW, the tickets still haven’t arrived at my house!

[QUOTE=Cavey;1109490]Pack your parkas and snow boots.

BTW, the tickets still haven’t arrived at my house![/QUOTE]

…lol…this is actually true…in our case one New Years eve…

[QUOTE=Cavey;1109490]Pack your parkas and snow boots.

BTW, the tickets still haven’t arrived at my house![/QUOTE]

We do that for our Dec trips. We need extra luggage because we pack EVERYTHING from shorts to hats, gloves, and jackets.

Sorry about the tickets Cavey, I’ve decided my DGDs are cuter than you so I’m spending the money on them.

[QUOTE=jen9804;1109465]One of the years we were in Florida we were expecting 5 days of rain because of the weather forecast and I panicked and then packed ponchos and figured we would just roll with it. We did have one night where it rained steady, but it turned out to be one of our favorite nights ever.

I wouldn’t worry one bit about it. I am sure you will have long stretches of sunshine with brief showers to cool you down a bit.[/QUOTE]

On one of our first trips, a tropical storm was passing over and it was raining buckets…but we wanted to see Illuminations. We sat for a few hours huddled under heavy weight ponchos staying as dry as we could. When the fireworks was over, we stood up and promptly dumped about a gallon of water from our laps into our shoes. We had not realize the water was pooling in the folds of the ponchos. It was so shocking, it was funny.

I’m just a little freaky because this is MY trip with the DGDs. They have been to disney a number of times, but they and their mom are staying in our room (1 br) so we will be doing a lot of stuff together. Usually as a family trip with 3 different rooms, we meet for a meal, hang around for a bit, ok see you tomorrow. So out a weeks trip we may see them for one day total.

When I did this when the 7 yr was 2 1/2, some great memories were made. Now the younger one is 2 3/4, so it was time.

Are you kidding?! I was burning up that day! Course, I also did parade that day :tongue: I only recall 2 days this past winter that were “cold” days. We had an EXTREMELY mild winter. I love that I can go to a water park in January when it’s a 79 degree day :laugh:

…Rowdy—I am talking about 10 years ago—New Years Eve it was 29 degrees at midnight—got up to about 40 during the day—people were stealing the hats off of others heads they were so cold that night. The weather forecast before we left said 60’s at night all week, so we took midweight jackets, hats an gloves…the canals froze over a couple nights there that week, and they covered the topiaries up.

Another January a few years ago, we were there around the 5th, and we took heavy jackets that year, and used them. During the day it was in the upper 60’s but got really cold when out late at night.

When you are from the dry in winter mid atlantic—the dampness of the cold in Fl sure makes a difference.

I now prepare for every kind of weather no matter when we go. :laugh:

…and I am not joking about stealing the hats off peoples heads