Weather in february

dh and i are thinking about doing a quicky trip maybe 4 or 5 nights in Feb just to get away from the depressing Pennsylvania winter… just wondering what can we expect from a normal February in Disney… best and worse case… how cold does it usually get.

I have been to WDW the first week or first few days of February. The weather is chilly in the morning and warms up around noon. I was comfortable with a hoodie in the morning and evenings, but tied that around my waist during the warmer parts of the day. You can see it get as low as degrees or as warm as 75…strange weather time of the year at WDW. Hit or miss. Pack layered owfits, so you can adjust according to the weather tha day. Coming from PA, anything is going to seem warmer…lol

thanks Dana your right about winter in PA… in your opinion is March better. we just went in september but need to get away…

You really do have to be prepared for anything. One year we were so cold I was wishing I had my parka. The next year just a hoodie or sweater was fine for the evenings. To be on the safe side take along a jacket - it doesn’t have to be too heavy, but make sure it’s windproof. A pair of gloves - just those little stretchy woolen ones - is a good idea too.

Florida weather in February can be all over the map.
I’ve seen mid 80s for a couple weeks and I’ve seen mid 60s daytime and low 40s night time for a couple weeks. I’ve seen loads of crystal clear skies and I’ve seen days of “leaden” winter skies.
It’s the time you really have to prepare for anything, especially an extra strong cold front with the power to make it all the way to Key West.
There was even a time I did an outdoor concert in Miami in the afternoon and then had to head straight to Tampa for the weekend. We left Miami in shorts under clear sunny skies and somewhere between Fort Myers and Sarasota, we ran into a southbound cold front that dropped the temps all the way to the mid 40s, and I wasn’t packed to deal with that kind of cold because I didn’t bother checking the weather. By the time we got to Tampa, we were beyond cold (still wearing just shorts and tee shirts) and dealing with cold pouring rain (plus our rented truck’s cargo box roof was leaking).

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1096237]Florida weather in February can be all over the map.
I’ve seen mid 80s for a couple weeks and I’ve seen mid 60s daytime and low 40s night time for a couple weeks. I’ve seen loads of crystal clear skies and I’ve seen days of “leaden” winter skies.
It’s the time you really have to prepare for anything, especially an extra strong cold front with the power to make it all the way to Key West.
There was even a time I did an outdoor concert in Miami in the afternoon and then had to head straight to Tampa for the weekend. We left Miami in shorts under clear sunny skies and somewhere between Fort Myers and Sarasota, we ran into a southbound cold front that dropped the temps all the way to the mid 40s, and I wasn’t packed to deal with that kind of cold because I didn’t bother checking the weather. By the time we got to Tampa, we were beyond cold (still wearing just shorts and tee shirts) and dealing with cold pouring rain (plus our rented truck’s cargo box roof was leaking).[/QUOTE]
maybe we need to rethink our trip and schedule for warmer months what is march like…

Often it’s like February. Meaning slightly unpredictable.
Just keep in mind, if it’s cold in Florida, the rest of the country is in the freezer:ohmy:

If I were you, I would not rethink the trip.
Prices are lower and so are crowd sizes.
Like I said, if it’s bad here, it’s worse where you live, unless that happens to be Hawaii.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1096249]Often it’s like February. Meaning slightly unpredictable.
Just keep in mind, if it’s cold in Florida, the rest of the country is in the freezer:ohmy:

If I were you, I would not rethink the trip.
Prices are lower and so are crowd sizes.
Like I said, if it’s bad here, it’s worse where you live, unless that happens to be Hawaii.[/QUOTE]
nope in Pennsylvania which means single digits that time of year…
i think we are going to look at the end of February… thanks for the help

No. Go in February. the crowds will be kinder to you.

We’re going in Feb and we were told to bring a jacket, as in the mornings it can be chilly, but it warms up through the day.

As fellow Pennsylvanian, we were good with just light jackets. I wouldn’t plan on a water park, but you should be fine.

Then again, I believe all of WDW’s pools are heated and I was told they warm the water at the waterparks as well, just don’t automatically take this as gospel.
But I would suggest bringing a suit if you’re a water person because it is as possible the air will be warm enough during the day.

When we went in Feb it was 50 degrees in Rhode Island and 35 when we landed in Orlando! I ended up buying my wife and kids Mickey hats and gloves in Downtown Disney. Next day warmed up enough to swim. Although everybody kept saying you must be from New England when we were swimming . Crowds were light though. I say go and enjoy!

Only been once in February, President’s Week.
My suggestion- Double Pack, and avoid the water (unless you’re used to ice fishing :laugh:). Mornings and nights were burrr cold and afternoons in the sun were very tolerable.