Weather in Sept?

Hello everyone. I know this question has been asked before but I can’t find it anywhere.
What is the weather at WDW in Sept? I’m trying to figure out if I should pack pants or stick with the capris and shorts. I’m determined to pack 10 days in 2 carryons. Can each person only have 1 carryon? Thanks all.

It is hot and humid. Last Sept. it wasn’t as hot/humid has it was in '07. In '07 it was high 90’s with 100% humidity.

In Sept? OMG, what am I getting myself into?!? I guess I better pack the water bottle fans. Thanks.

We were there last Sept. and it was very hot and humid. We were there in the middle of the month. Hope that helps, or not.:laugh:

No jeans. all shorts and capris. You might want to throw in a light jacket or sweatshirt, or just go with if you need one, that’s an excuse to “buy a new one!”

Don’t overpack. But I would take a couple extra sets of clothing in case it rains during the humid afternoon and you have to change.

Hot I can do, humid I can’t stand. Oh well, not like I’ve never been there in the heat before. I just don’t want to melt :laugh: thanks it does help for things I need to pack.

Last sept we were surprised how nice it was only mid to upper 80’s for a couple of days. That was late in the month. But the yr before we almost died. Pictures of my poor DGD looking flushed and hair stuck to her face. :frown: So yes, pack those fans.

[QUOTE=sue299;968249]No jeans. all shorts and capris. You might want to throw in a light jacket or sweatshirt, or just go with if you need one, that’s an excuse to “buy a new one!”

Don’t overpack. But I would take a couple extra sets of clothing in case it rains during the humid afternoon and you have to change.[/QUOTE]

That’s a great idea as I’ve been wanting to buy a new Disney jacket. I also already have my ponchos packed from the last trip.

Remember to hydrate… that will be the important thing for you. We drank alot of water. Actually DH and I would buy one bottle at a time and share it because it would get warm fast.

I can’t stand the Dasani and aquafina water they sell. I may just have to bring my own water bottles and fill them up but again hate FL water fountain water so I may have to bring flavor packets. I’ve gone in May many time where we could have passed out from the heat but I never thought Sept could be like that.

What is it with the water in Fla? I can’t drink a fountain drink at WDW without that alien taste in it … Always have to get 16 oz bottles.
The Ice Machine in the ASM has great ice, I can’t explain that?!?!?!

Oh … I forgot

The Family and I went in Sept. back in 2007 … very humid. We found ourselves stopping in all the stores during the day to cool off. Sunscreen and a Frosty Beverage… Had to drink it quick so not to go warm… you understand!!!

Umm, yeah, September is JUST as hot & humid as August.

yeah, we were there last september (11-18) and it was HOT!! like 90’s everyday. i bought a spray bottle from wal mart before we left that we carried with us everyday…much better than the $18 that they charge for the spray bottles there:blink::pinch:!!
i agree, the water from the fountains is :blow: in disney!!
luckily i :heart: Dasani water.
i vote shorts & capri’s!!

I could do a 10 day trip in 2 carry-ons but that would require me to do a load of laundry at the 5 day mark. If it were me, this is what I’d pack in my carry-on(clothing wise); 2 pair of capris (or shorts), 2 skirts (I know many people don’t wear them but I do), 1 sundress, 1 pair of pajamas, 5 neutral colored shirts (to wear with any of the bottoms), 1bathing suit, & ONLY 2 pairs of shoes (my most comfortable sandals & 1 pair of mary-janes to wear on plane). That should leave JUST enough space for personal items like trial size toiletries, cosmetics, hairbrush, etc. in a medium sized cosmetic bag.

Then in my purse I’d have my camera, magazines, & anything else small that wouldn’t be in the larger carry-on.

I do this nearly every trip & it works like a charm for me.

One of our favorite trips was in September, it was hot, but I know it was not humid at all, compared to our trips in August. I would love to go in Sept. again, we had the best weather! Capris and shorts will be fine. :slight_smile:

September is nice. It is hot and it can get humid but it’s not as bad as summertime. Just don’t expect New Jersey fall weather when you are down there. We live in the south so we’re used to it but when we went in early October it was still very hot and had a few days where it was humid.

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;968290]I could do a 10 day trip in 2 carry-ons but that would require me to do a load of laundry at the 5 day mark. If it were me, this is what I’d pack in my carry-on(clothing wise); 2 pair of capris (or shorts), 2 skirts (I know many people don’t wear them but I do), 1 sundress, 1 pair of pajamas, 5 neutral colored shirts (to wear with any of the bottoms), 1bathing suit, & ONLY 2 pairs of shoes (my most comfortable sandals & 1 pair of mary-janes to wear on plane). That should leave JUST enough space for personal items like trial size toiletries, cosmetics, hairbrush, etc. in a medium sized cosmetic bag.

Then in my purse I’d have my camera, magazines, & anything else small that wouldn’t be in the larger carry-on.

I do this nearly every trip & it works like a charm for me.[/QUOTE]
That a real good idea! Thanks for the advise. I think this is what I’m going to do

Don’t forget, every CS restaurant offers free ice water from their fountain. We always take advantage of this.

We’ve gone in Sept. for the past 5 years. Hot and humid usually in the high 70’s and 80’s. I’ve never needed a jacket. I don’t think you will need long pants. That being said, it can’t hurt to bring one pair.