Weekend getaway

So DH was having a really rough week at work and I’ve just finished my 3 weeks OFF work (starting new job tomorrow) so Friday at about 2 pm he says “let’s go to Disney tomorrow!” He always says when he’s having a rough time that he needs to be flipped upside down (translate - I need Rock n Roler coaster!)
Well, who am I to question that???
So we invited DS’s friend (last time THAT’S gunna happen!!), called to see if there were any value rooms (NOT), made ressie at a Hampton Inn on 192. (Review: it’s OK for off property. Clean, close and quiet, but it’s NOT DISNEY :nonono2: ) and left yesterday at 6 am for the 3 hour drive.

We to to MGM a few minutes before 9 (that’s cuz I was driving!) after 3 hours of NON STOP YAPPING from the back seat! Man, those 2 kids did not SHUT UP THE ENTIRE WEEKEND :eek: .

Once inside we made the decision to SPLIT UP since the kids don’t like RnR and ToT and those are OUR favorites, and they wanted to see the LMA Stunt show and we’ve seen it. So we decided to meet at Sci Fi for lunch.

DH and I then proceeded down our usual path. Fast passes for ToT and off to RnR, only this time since the kids weren’t gunna ride, we used THEIR tickets and got us an extra set! (smart huh? :wink: )
We rode RnR twice, (10 min. wait max each time :cool: ) and then off to use our FPs. First time we didn’t need FPs, walked right on. We ended up riding four times. We just absolutely LOVE that ride. If you’re still thinkin’ 'bout work after riding, there is something SERIOUSLY wrong!

By then we were starting to get hungry (no breakfast) so we split a turkey leg (yummy!) and headed over to Star Tours (5 min wait).

DS had made ADRs for Sci Fi at 2:30 so we had just enough time to do Muppet Vision first. The boys were waiting when we got to the restaurant. Teenage boys just love that place, don’t they? The food is just ok, but the atmosphere is a lot of fun. They really got a kick out of the film clips.

While we were at lunch it POURED. Didn’t rain a drop before or after, so we really lucked out.

We decided go check into the hotel after lunch, then freshen up a bit and head over to MK since it was open until midnight!!!

We got to MK about 6 and it was pretty crowded. Not terrible, but it was full on the monorail over, and we were stopped for a while, no a/c and someone on that car was RIPE :blow: :laugh: . (“Aren’t you glad you use Dial, don’t you wish everybody did?”)

Again, we split up (mutual decision!) and DH and I headed to “our spot”, the pavillion to the right of the castle where we were married in 1999. We always go there first for a smooch and a “I STILL do!” :wub:

Then we went to tomorrowland, got FPs for Buzz and rode Space Mtn. (20 min wait). We then decided to head toward Adventureland.

Now you may find this hard, nay IMPOSSIBLE to believe, but DH had NEVER had a Dole Whip before yesterday :eek: :nonono2: !!! (yes, he was a Dole Whip virgin :tongue: :blush: )
I don’t know how this terrible injustice came to be, but we resolved it and now he is infatuated! He wants a Dole Whip machine for the house!! (wouldn’t that be AWESOME!!!)

So after the Dole indoctrination we went to get FPs for BTMRR. There was only about a 10 min. wait, so we rode, and rode, and RODE!!! That’s DH’s favorite ride in MK.

We decided against Splash, since it was getting dark now and we didn’t want to get sopping wet without the benefit of sunshine.

We were going to meet the boys at 8:30 to grab a bite, but BAD IDEA, it was parade time. Thank goodness for cell phones. We changed the meeting time to 9 and rode BTMRR again!!!

We then hopped the train to Toontown to meet the boys, thinking they’d be STARVING by now, but they’re munching down on big ol’ pretzels. DH and I were a bit hungry so we got something at Pinnochio’s, then we went to see Philharmagic. As we were leaving the show, the fireworks were just starting. This was the first time I’d seen Wishes, and it was really nice! We were in a perfect spot for it and the crowds were pretty light. I think EVERYONE else was on the other side of the castle, because it was a mob scene afterwards. We decided to wait for the crowds to thin before leaving so…what to do, what to do??? Oh I know, let’s ride BTMRR!!! :laugh:

We hopped the train again for Main Street and left the park :sad: at about 11:30, before Spectro Magic let out, so there was no line for the monorail. We got back to the hotel pretty quickly, waited for the boys to take showers and finally crashed. It was a long day!

A long day, but an AWESOME day!

LOL about your commercial jingle…

After a full THREE hours sleep :blink: (those beds were so hard, DS SNORES, and DH likes to keep the room as cold as a meat locker :eek: ) I got up around 6, showered and got ready quietly to let the rest sleep a bit more. Got coffee (I’m usually a tea drinker. Hardly EVER drink coffee. Had TWO cups today.)

The rest of the gang got up and ready and we were off to Epcot by 8:30. I’ve never parked so close to the front before. Third lane! This was a good sign!!!

I was excited to see the Flower and Garden Festival as I missed it last year. The flowers are beautiful, but I think they’ll be even prettier in a few weeks when they’ve grown in a bit.

We all decided to ride TT and M:S, and then the boys went off again (why do teenage boys like to recite their favorite TV episodes, video game plots, cartoons, etc ENDLESSLY???) :pinch:

DH and I then headed to The Land to get FPs for Soarin’ (it had a 50 min wait by now). Our return time was only an hour away, so we looked around the Living Seas a bit. I can’t wait for the Finding Nemo ride! That’ll be cool!!! We like to visit the manatee exhibit too. Poor manatee that got hit by a propeller :crying:

We Fast Passed Soarin’ (it now said only a 30 min wait, but the line was HUGE, looked like at least an hour to me!) and then headed to World Showcase.

I checked in Canada to see if Tessa was there, but no. :sad: Someday I hope to meet a DCer!!! I was thrilled to learn that Off Kilter was playing, so we planned to be back in Canada by 2:30.

We mosied (sp?) around the world (doesn’t that sound funny?) :tongue: and met up with the boys in Japan for lunch at the Yakatori house. They liked it. Me? Not so much :blow: :tongue:

The boys wanted to go back to M:S and TT, and I wanted to go see Off Kilter, so they wen’t their way and we went ours…again! We shopped a little in Japan first. Have to buy some whacky candy there!

We got back to Canada 20 mins or so before the show started and it was SO HOT (no, not the band, ok, they’re hot too, but the temperature was SO hot!) I think it had to have hit 90 or better today and was VERY humid. We stood in the sun waiting for the band, and then through their set which was WAY too short :angry: ! I could watch them for hours :wub: (for the MUSIC of course :dry: )

Well, by now we were sweaty and tired and about ready to go. We rode SSE, met up with the boys and headed home. :noo:

Got home a couple hours ago after 3 hours in the car (with NON STOP yakking AGAIN). :angry:

Do you know that DS’s friend never even said “thank you”. We PAID for his ticket, hotel and food too. Isn’t that rude?? We dropped him off at his house and he just said…“bye”.
He was supposed to give us $50 toward his ticket (we said we’d pay the rest), but he spent his money at the Star Wars store. So that is why this was the LAST time that he’ll go with us! :fork_off:

Aside from that, I’d go again in a heartbeat. :heart: :mickey: :heart: I only took a couple pictures. I’ll post 'em as soon as I can.

Here’s the Donald/Daisy flower thing

Here’s Winnie The Pooh!

And here’s…the bagpiper!

and here’s my sweetie pie :wub:
(at The Land, waiting for Soarin’ FP time!)

DS’s friend is an ungrateful brat! Hmmmph! What’s that about?

But it sounds like a wonderful trip!

oh well other than ds friend it sounds like you had a great time!!! hopefully you get many better trips like this

Yeah, I think he is too, but I am also thinking that he may have problems at home and now I kinda feel bad for him. He was talking to DS and I heard him say something like, “my dad is the nicest drunk you’ll ever know”. :sad:

He also drinks like 10 sodas a day! (may contribute to the constant babbling)

I try to curb my kids soda intake (DS prefers ice tea or water anyway).

Oh and here’s the peacock at the Epcot entrance

Barbara - I can’t remember the last time I laughed so hard reading a TR!!!The boys sound like a trip themselves!! :laugh: You are a good mom!! :heart: I can’t wait to see the Flower show - it will be a first for me - great pics!! :wub:

Again, we split up (mutual decision!) and DH and I headed to “our spot”, the pavillion to the right of the castle where we were married in 1999. We always go there first for a smooch and a “I STILL do!” :wub:

Now you may find this hard, nay IMPOSSIBLE to believe, but DH had NEVER had a Dole Whip before yesterday :eek: :nonono2: !!! (yes, he was a Dole Whip virgin :tongue: :blush: )
I don’t know how this terrible injustice came to be, but we resolved it and now he is infatuated! He wants a Dole Whip machine for the house!! (wouldn’t that be AWESOME!!!)

So after the Dole indoctrination we went to get FPs for BTMRR. There was only about a 10 min. wait, so we rode, and rode, and RODE!!! That’s DH’s favorite ride in MK.

You never told me about the Dole whips!!! :pirate: MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!! :tongue:
that float thingy was good too!
I’d still be riding BTMRR if’n theyda let us stay :eek:
By the way… I still do :wub:

Thats my lookin at you face! :wub:

It’s not just teenage boys…they never stop!!! :wacko: :laugh:

What a fun last minute trip! The flowers are beautiful!

How nice to be able to take a last minute trip! Thanks for sharing :happy:

Great TR and pictures catfish! And your DH isn’t (wasn’t?) the ONLY Dole Whip virgin! Yeah, I have YET to try one! But I will, mark my words, I WILL! :wink:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWW :wub: :tongue:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW