Weekend trip

So we live in Panama city, fl and i’m thinking about bringing my wife down for a weekend to see all the Christmas decorations in the MK. We still have annual passes from our wedding so won’t have to worry about that and I’m sure I can find a cheap off-site hotel to stay 2 nights. I’m looking at my calendar and seeing Dec 6th as an option. 1. Are the Christmas decorations up by now? 2. How crowded is this date?

We usually go either september or beginning of february. Like I said this is just a quick weekend trip so I get what I get. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

the Christmas decorations are up by mid November. I don’t know how crowded the parks are by then, But did you know that there is a resort “sale” on for that timeframe?
I think my travel agent sent me some info on that. Let me go and find it for you.

here it is:

For a limited time only, you can stay at a select Walt Disney World® Resort hotel at an unforgettable rate.This special rate offers room only accomodations at select Disney Value Resort, standard room, for just $59 per night, plus tax. That’s a savings of at least $23 per night! The number of rooms at this rate is limited, subject to availability and valid on selected nights only. This offer must be booked by Dec. 7, 2008, so contact your MouseEarVacations’ agent book before it’s too late!

I believe that is a good time to go. Check for a Fl. discount rate for a value resort because I think they have them for then. We went last year at that time and it was very nice. It sounds like you are my neighbor. I am in north Fl also. Welcome to MB.

Just wanted to say Welcome to MouseBuzz!

That should be a very good time to go. It may be cool but you can dress appropriately. I have been the end of December before and it wasn’t too cool. We go to Super Soap Weekend in November and their are already some decorations up. Just don’t miss the Osborne Family Lights at Disney Studio!

December 6th should not be brimming over with guests, and if it WAS crowded, it should be manageable. I hear the week after T’giving is one of the least crowded, and my family is going to test that theory this year! Good luck, and welcome to MouseBuzz!!

Well I decided to call today to get some $ numbers for a value room. For the weekend Dec. 5-7 there were NO available value resort rooms available on property, I figured there might be some. So I said ok try the next weekend for Dec. 12-14 and NOPE no rooms that weekend either. I might be looking off-site like I orginally planned and just drive to the parks. Haven’t decided yet. Oh and I asked for the fl resident rate too.

UPDATE: I just called back to make sure the lady wasn’t just looking under Fl resident rates. Nope this time the operator told me that Values, Mods and Deluxes were all completely booked up until Dec. 19th. Holy Molie!! I thought beginning of december was suppose to be slow? Are there any conventions in town to book up all the resorts…if so I’ll stay offsite.

That is weird, usually there is hardly any crowds the first week of Dec.

P.S. Welcome fellow northwest Florida Mousebuzzer!! I’m from PSJ!