Weekend/week after Thanksgiving?

:smile:Hey everyone,

Thanks for your replies in my other thread about Jersey week…turns out that that week isn’t really available for what we need.

So, we’re booking the week after Thanksgiving. What can you tell me about that? Allears says that the weekend after Thanksgiving is “high” and the week after is “low”

Have you been there then? Better than Jersey week? Better than spring break?

Thanks!:smile:

The crowds drop off on the Saturday, and really drop off the Sunday, after Thanksgiving along with the days following. If you arrive on Saturday just know that you may run into some packed parks.

Yup the week after Thanksgiving is a good time to go. Christmas is up and the Crowds are down.

Week after thanksgiving is when we go. I have noticed more people there after it was mentioned on the travel channel a few years ago that is the time to go. But it is still not bad at all and the weather is nice.

We went for Thanksgiving some years ago. It was empty the week before, then From Thanksgiving day till Sunday it was PACKED, then it emptied out again. I agree the week after, starting on Sunday, is prime.

-Harry

Many years ago we went the day after Thanksgiving for a few days. Back then, it was not crowded at all the whole time we were there. Trends do change tho.

We were there last year at that time. It was great - crowd-wise. The weather was a little cool. All the Christmas decoration will be up and the Christmas festivities will be in full swing. Excellent time to go.

Went went in 2010 and arrived the Friday after Thanksgiving, had a great time the weather was very warm the first few days we were there (shorts), everything was decorated for Christmas it was a great way to start the season…crowds weren’t bad at all.

The week after Tday is a GREAT week to visit Walt Disney world. It’s one of the slowest weeks of the year, you will get to see all the Xmas stuff and have the opportunity to find great discounts! Go for it!

About 5 or 6 years ago we visited the weekend after Thanksgiving, arriving on the Saturday. The crowds were very manageable. The weather was warm during the day but cool at night. We found it was a great way to get us into the Christmas spirit because everything was decorated and ready to go!

I would definitely go at that time again.

Those first 2 weeks of December are the absolute slowest times for us it seems, although with the park incentives they offer during that time period there’s always a crowd of sorts.

Good rule of thumb is to ALWAYS expect a crowd somewhere. This is the number vacation spot on the PLANET. We are always entertaining people from all over, and the attendance has been completely through the roof this year, even during the slow season.

Should be fine during that week, but don’t be surprised if you find yourself ever having to wait lol

I’ve done that week twice. At 9am, it felt like we had the parks all to ourselves–most rides are walk-on’s. We usually ride through our first couple of rides a second time without having to get off and get back in line. We could do the old FantasyLand set up in 90 minutes, with 2 turns on Peter Pan & Winnie the Pooh. When the crowds start to build around 11am, we’ve done all the attractions that generate long lines.

The key is ROPE DROP. Don’t sleep in. I’ve walked onto Test Track and done the ride through thing, only to see the standby line become 1 hour by 11am (and stay that way the rest of the day).

We’re coming down this year arriving the Friday after Thanksgiving. Everything I’ve heard is that it’s probably the best time to go. One source was my son who was there last year as part of the college program.

We’re also looking forward to seeing the Christmas lights in full swing. Caught the “tail end” of the decorations last January, so we’re really excited about how they will look.

I so want to see th new lighting on the castle. The photos I’ve seen are awesome. I was just pleased that the Osborn lights were set up the last time we went.

-Harry

[QUOTE=Big Al;1109309]We’re coming down this year arriving the Friday after Thanksgiving. Everything I’ve heard is that it’s probably the best time to go. One source was my son who was there last year as part of the college program.

We’re also looking forward to seeing the Christmas lights in full swing. Caught the “tail end” of the decorations last January, so we’re really excited about how they will look.[/QUOTE]

Is that “Black Friday” or the following week? Black Friday & Saturday will be packed. Sunday begins to lighten. Monday will be empty.

Not Black Friday, but the following Friday. I figured all the Thanksgiving folk, even ones that stayed for a long weekend, would have cleared out by then.

Exactly. Kids are approaching a month of Christmas vacation. There are upcoming final exams, term papers, and graduation plans. So the weeks following Thanksgiving are perfect.