Weird Disney Coincidences!

Has anyone ever noticed something in WDW and thought about how wonderful and smooth it works, and then thought whether it was planned like that or just works out by sheer magic! :smiley:

Like, MK. The way the lands are set up are perfect for if you follow them from Adventureland all the way to Tomorrowland. You hit all the right lands at the right time of the day. The daylight or moonlight is the perfect touch for themeing of the land. Think about it.

MAINSTREET, in the morning. It’s gorgeous you can see all the stores and the castle glowing in the sunlight. Feel like your strolling around a small town.

ADVENTURELAND and FRONTIERLAND, are perfect for the sunny morning hours, especially when it’s hot. Two words. SPLASH MOUNTAIN.

MICKEY’S TOONTOWN, the perfect afternoon thing to do.

Then as it starts getting darker into dusk.

LIBERTY SQUARE for some Haunted Mansion, creepy at night! :smiley:

FANTASYLAND AND TOMORROWLAND PERFECT night time attractions. You get to see all the lights of the carousel all the way to the tomorrowland orbit hub.

Then off again to MAINSTREET USA for the fireworks and then once again you get to see Mainstreet and the Castle all lit up and glowing in a completely different way!

:smiley:

Magical planning or Magical coincidence?

hmmm…maybe we should go the other direction this trip - we always do fantasy land 1st! thanks for the thought - it does sound nice that way!

I think it is very nice that way. You seem to hit all the land’s at all the right times for the feel of the theming.

I can see where going from left to right would work out great but we always seem to hit FantasyLand first, then FrontierLand, then whereever.
This is based on the attractions that my kids like the most. We want to hit those first to beat the crowds.

And I don’t think it is a coincidence. I think everything is planned out as much as possible. Kind of like subliminal messages…

No Magical coincidence just Magical planning to get one to come back again and again.

Fun topic! I’m of the thinking that Disney does everything on purpose. It really is amazing how well things work and how magical it all seems. I always try to describe WDW to others and all I can ever get out is that it feels like you’ve left reality and are experiencing an amazing other-world.

I can see where Disney may do things on purpose. My question is: how many people do they think would normally go left to right around the park? Isn’t the normal flow counter-clockwise? Or maybe that’s just a US thing.

But I find that Fantasyland gets extremely busy by afternoon.

Did you ever notice how much I look like Prince Charming?

Coincidence? I think not.

[QUOTE=Boss Mouse;951820]Did you ever notice how much I look like Prince Charming?

Coincidence? I think not.[/QUOTE]

:blink::blink::blink:

Never thought of it but I don’t think Disney does anything without planning it down to the very last detail

I think its all planning no matter which way you go; MK is an amazing park. Seems like no matter where you are in the park everything seems magical. Frontierland has always been the perfect land for me right before sundown and into night.

No doubt it was magical planning. Disney has always had the most creative imaginers.

As for hitting the right land at the right time, I go to the left. I read somewhere the crowd levels are better this way.

[QUOTE=Remy;951834]No doubt it was magical planning. Disney has always had the most creative imaginers.

As for hitting the right land at the right time, I go to the left. I read somewhere the crowd levels are better this way.[/QUOTE]

Don’t give out all the secrets as it seems that people in gereral always go right or get in the right lane or line so I say always go LEFT ha ha

I never thought of it that way before. That’s very true! :happy:

While on our 2008 trip and during our ride from ASM resort to Epcot, I had gotten up to give my seat to family with a little girl about the age of 7 or 8. I noticed the little girl looking at my lanyard and all the pins I had on them. (I had really been getting into the pin trading at that point.) The mother saw that I had a Buzz Lightyear pin and that must have been a favorite character for her and mentioned something to her daughter about it. I then began to strike up a conversation about pin trading with the family and by the time we got to Epcot, I told the little girl here is your first pin to get started with and have fun trading. I gave her the Buzz Lightyear pin and we left the bus to go on our way through the park. About 3hours later while halfway around World Showcase I was shooting pictures of my daughter in the Norway area store with the giant Troll statue, I get tapped in the back by that same little girl who has a huge smile and thanks me for getting her started with the pins and then gives me one back. Here is the kicker. She gives me a pin of the 3 Disney princess that completes my two pin set for that style of pin. Hows that for coincidences. It happened again this year back in late April at Hollywood Studios. This time I took a picture of the family who stopped us later in the park to thank me for getting them started. I now plan on doing this every year. Magical? I think so. Take care.

AWWWW, thats a nice story. It’s all about giving back. Give and you shall recieve, it is a great concept to live by.