"Welcome Home" packets upon check-in

DVC members, you know those nice “Welcome Home” packets you get upon check-in? Well, do you keep them all? What do you do with them?

I feel like I have a bazillion taking up space in a guest room drawer. I hate throwing them away & they always have nice resort information in them.

Any suggestions, does anyone do anything creative?

While cleaning this weekend I came upon a folder that I keep with mementos of past trips. Pins, key cards, xmas party bands, etc and I was wondering if there was a better way to hold onto this stuff. I still wonder why I am holding onto this stuff. But I was wondering too if there was a creative way to save it. Good question Jess.

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;976202]DVC members, you know those nice “Welcome Home” packets you get upon check-in? Well, do you keep them all? What do you do with them?

I feel like I have a bazillion taking up space in a guest room drawer. I hate throwing them away & they always have nice resort information in them.

Any suggestions, does anyone do anything creative?[/QUOTE]

You should get a wall frame and make a collage out of them. I did this with pictures of DD from all our trips. I have them from the time she was three all the way to 14…it really turned out cute. You could have a picture of you and Daniel in the center and frame it with all the welcome home packets. If done right, it would look supa cool.

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;976202]DVC members, you know those nice “Welcome Home” packets you get upon check-in? Well, do you keep them all? What do you do with them?

Any suggestions, does anyone do anything creative?[/QUOTE]

Sell them on Ebay to a Disney crazed person :wink:

She would have to sell it to herself … wouldn’t she ??? :laugh::laugh::laugh:
… or any of else for that matter !!!:closedeye

OR .... trade it for that camera strap she's been hunting !!!!

I actually don’t take them anymore at check-in… other than the room keys envelope and park hours sheet, I hate the waste. How many does one really need :laugh:

Dana’s idea is great, though!

Leslie , I thought that avatar pic was from SpongeBob’s Bathroom ?!?!?!?:ohmy:

I’m not sure I’ve ever seen SpongeBob’s bathroom :laugh:

It really is the bathroom inside the castle suite… DVC members had a chance to do an exclusive tour last Labor Day weekend.

Another great reason I’m happy with my DVC :happy:

[QUOTE=leslieh;976293]I actually don’t take them anymore at check-in… other than the room keys envelope and park hours sheet, I hate the waste. How many does one really need :laugh:

Dana’s idea is great, though![/QUOTE]

I’ve been doing the same thing but with the online check in they’ve got your name on the folders already.

Right! I’d probably stop taking them too but when we got to Kidani they already had one with our names on it with a little label sticker.

I love the collage idea!

I only have one (from last year - my others have disappeared over time). It keeps hanging around, even through two moves now, but I’m afraid eventually it’s just going to disappear. I never have the heart to recycle it, yet I never have any idea what to do with it! :blink:

I would just use the nice folders as regular file folders but they are a good couple inches wider than average file folders, if they cut them a bit they lose their strength.

A friend at work, who’s also a DVC member, says she uses them to keep her UPCOMING trip details in. Like reservation papers, flight info, ADRs, etc. But I already have cute folders for that. :tongue:

I do like the collage idea but the color on the folders is SO bright & would look a little too much anywhere in our house.

Maybe I will just condense all the resort information inside of them & only keep one or two of the actual folders. I’ll bring 'em to school for the pre-schoolers to use. :tongue: