We're booked!

After a lot of procrastinating we’re finally booked. We waited too long to get the resort we wanted but we’ll be fine at Boardwalk, the location alone is great. We got all the dining reservations and times we wanted, and I just booked the flights we wanted. I’ve been watching our flights for a few weeks and the price hasn’t moved so I decided to book both legs before they were sold out.

We’re going to have a pretty laid back trip this time around. Last summer we went twice and had two very different trips. Our first trip was with two other families and we all had a wonderful time, no stress at all. We also went with my DH’s family a month later. That trip was a little stressful, but I knew it would be because I planned it all and felt responsible for everyone having a good time.

We are hoping some friends book a trip that overlaps our trip by several days but they haven’t made any plans yet. I’m hoping a good discount comes out soon so they’ll book. It will be fun to spend part of our trip with them, we went together last year and had a blast.

And once again I get two WDW trips this summer!!! I’m going with our high school band as soon as school gets out. I’m not sure what to expect with the trip but it’s going to be fun. A lot of the kids have never been so I’m going to have fun watching them experience everything for the first time.

So glad for you that you got everything settled. Are you waitlisted for BCV? I know how it is when you have a favorite resort. In fact, for our September trip, we decided to be closer to the action, so booked BLT. Well, that didn’t last too long, when both dh and I decided to get at least the last half of the trip to our beloved AKV-Jambo. Just kind of started missing it before we even got there. I’m sure you are going to enjoy BWV also. The location is great.

As for the band, you will have a great time. My Sister went with her Son’s band. It was quite the experience for her as she has three boys, but they assigned her to a girls group. Very different atmosphere! But, great group of kids, and she totally enjoyed it.

Thats great! Hope your friends are able to go too.

Congrats!!! I would love to give BW a chance. I loved BCV. Next time BWV and AKV. I am trying to make my rounds to see which one I like best. Have a gbreat time.

I’m so excited–we got the last 4 nights of our trip at Beach Club! I was checking the DVC site yesterday and saw availability at BCV and grabbed it. It means a split trip but it’s worth it for a few nights at our favorite resort. Who knows, maybe the other nights will open up before we go.

Now I’m excited about our trip-finally!

Congratulations on being booked! I know you will have a wonderful trip no matter where you end up staying. I was asked to chaperone our band’s trip as well but had to turn it down, would have loved the experience though-- you will have to post a band trip report for us too!

Congratulations! enjoy your planning.

Congrats Steph! I hope BCV opens up for your whole stay. I know you love it there.:heart:

Awesome. Congrats on the trip.

I’m excited about the trip but I really don’t know what to expect. I know most of the kids because they have almost all passed through my classroom so that part will be fun. I’m really good friends with the band director and his wife (we went to WDW with them last summer) so that part is also good. I’m just not sure what our days will be like but I’m sure we’ll have fun.

Thanks everyone. Not many people understand how exciting it is to book a WDW trip and have everything work out they way we want it to but my friends here get it.

I wish we could try all the DVC resorts but we love BCV too much to stay at other resorts if we can help it.

[QUOTE=bethishooked;1103695]So glad for you that you got everything settled. Are you waitlisted for BCV? I know how it is when you have a favorite resort. In fact, for our September trip, we decided to be closer to the action, so booked BLT. Well, that didn’t last too long, when both dh and I decided to get at least the last half of the trip to our beloved AKV-Jambo. Just kind of started missing it before we even got there. I’m sure you are going to enjoy BWV also. The location is great.

As for the band, you will have a great time. My Sister went with her Son’s band. It was quite the experience for her as she has three boys, but they assigned her to a girls group. Very different atmosphere! But, great group of kids, and she totally enjoyed it.[/QUOTE]

We waitlisted BCV and BLT but both I’m not holding my breath that either will come through. However, getting a few nights at BCV made my day and I’m excited about out trip. Im sure we would have had a good stay at BWV but it’s going to be even better now.

Yep! It’s kind of like those people who get all excited to climb up into a deer stand and kill something. We’re on the hunt to capture a Disney Vacation. :ph34r:

(Oh, I have no problem with deer hunting. It’s just not my thing.)

[QUOTE=Cavey;1105676]Yep! It’s kind of like those people who get all excited to climb up into a deer stand and kill something. We’re on the hunt to capture a Disney Vacation. :ph34r:

(Oh, I have no problem with deer hunting. It’s just not my thing.)[/QUOTE]

Or it’s like those people who get all thrilled about dropping into a dark, cold, wet, slimy hole in the ground and thinks it’s the best thing since sliced bread.:whistling

(I have nothing against muddy people, without them lots of people at detergent companies wouldn’t have jobs)

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1105682]Or it’s like those people who get all thrilled about dropping into a dark, cold, wet, slimy hole in the ground and thinks it’s the best thing since sliced bread.:whistling

(I have nothing against muddy people, without them lots of people at detergent companies wouldn’t have jobs)[/QUOTE]

Actually, lil’pocahontas makes our own homemade laundry detergent. It’s biodegradable and saves us about $200/year in laundry cost. So I’m employing no one.