We're going to Chefs de France!

:ohmy::ohmy:MissDis, you wouldn’t be one of those people that never try anything new, would you :pirate:

Oh not me… I am a lover of sweetbreads, escargot, calamari and octopus, lychee, oysters, cauliflower, bison, gizzards… and I try anything and everything – you name it!

I love everything except bell peppers, which ALWAYS ruin any dish. Blech.

[QUOTE=MissDisney;1022427]Oh not me… I am a lover of sweetbreads, escargot, calamari and octopus, lychee, oysters, cauliflower, bison, gizzards… and I try anything and everything – you name it!

I love everything except bell peppers, which ALWAYS ruin any dish. Blech.[/QUOTE]

good, come over we’re having gopher guts for din-din tonight :ph34r:

I’ve been a little slow on the planning this time. I hope to call tomorrow (if granddaughter, Kennedy, naps early) to plan a trip for October. I love F&WF…I start my Epcot days at the champagne kiosk…it’s the best breakfast!! I really would like to stay at one of the Epcot resorts, but I will reserve at SSR (our home resort) and try to switch later in the month. We stayed at SSR in 2007, OKW in 2008, and BCV in 2009 for F&WF; BCV was sooo convenient. We will be taking our son and his family (wife, 8 yr. old son, 3 yr. old son, and 7 month old ??? who will be joining the family sometime between now and Tuesday.) OKW is really the best for us space wise, but I’m going to try for BWV and BCV first.

Hey, that’s “greasy grimy gopher guts.” :laugh:

Oh, I omitted that because I don’t know how you feel about grease and grime :pinch:

My son (10 years old at the time) had the duck & LOVED it there. (Oh, Miss Disney, He also also really like the escargot.)

I made reservations for Chef de france for our september trip theres 7 of us going. I hope it is as good as you guys say it is:happy:

[QUOTE=Dopey;1022374]So now I wonder what happened to the dinner. Did they go and did they come back?
Was it so bad they don’t want to report? Waaaaat?[/QUOTE]

We’re back and we LOVED it!!! Especially since we had something special to celebrate… :wub:

We had some wine to start, and then we just split appetizers because our stomachs were still full of butterflies! We had the escargot and the flatbread with bacon, onions, and creme fraiche. They were delicious!! And the bread was AMAZING. We even asked for a second one. :blush:

It totally is

[QUOTE=PrincessJill;1023250]We’re back and we LOVED it!!! Especially since we had something special to celebrate… :wub:

We had some wine to start, and then we just split appetizers because our stomachs were still full of butterflies! We had the escargot and the flatbread with bacon, onions, and creme fraiche. They were delicious!! And the bread was AMAZING. We even asked for a second one. :blush:[/QUOTE]

Aaaahhhh, I knew that you would enjoy it. Again - congratulations to you and baloo. So happy for you. Will there be a Disney Wedding?

Thank you so much, Dopey! :heart:
I would love to say YES, absolutely there will be a Disney wedding! But I looked into it a while ago (:blush:) and it’s really, really expensive. Over $10,000. You can cut it back to $5,000, but then you only get to have 10 people, and just our immediate families are more than 10 people. So, realistically, it will probably be a wedding somewhere else heavy with Disney touches! :happy:

[QUOTE=PrincessJill;1023479]Thank you so much, Dopey! :heart:
I would love to say YES, absolutely there will be a Disney wedding! But I looked into it a while ago (:blush:) and it’s really, really expensive. Over $10,000. You can cut it back to $5,000, but then you only get to have 10 people, and just our immediate families are more than 10 people. So, realistically, it will probably be a wedding somewhere else heavy with Disney touches! :happy:[/QUOTE]

disney honeymoon:) can’t you just book a trip there, bring a minister and randomly have a quick ceremony somewhere? seriously! i thought about doing this. what is disney going to do, kick you out?

[QUOTE=PrincessJill;1023479]Thank you so much, Dopey! :heart:
I would love to say YES, absolutely there will be a Disney wedding! But I looked into it a while ago (:blush:) and it’s really, really expensive. Over $10,000. You can cut it back to $5,000, but then you only get to have 10 people, and just our immediate families are more than 10 people. So, realistically, it will probably be a wedding somewhere else heavy with Disney touches! :happy:[/QUOTE]Good, a wedding is a wedding is a wedding, right?
No matter where you celebrate, it’s going to be something else. Save the money for a house :closedeye

I believe I’ve read that actually, yes! They do not allow weddings on property unless it’s through them. So I don’t think we’d get very far…
“Do you, Jillian, take–” “Oh no, it’s the Disney cops!!! Father, we’re going to have to speed this up a little!!” :laugh:

However… they do have weddings at the Swan & Dolphin, which are cheaper. I don’t remember what the difference was. I’ll have to look into that again… maybe that would be an option.

[QUOTE=Dopey;1023485]Good, a wedding is a wedding is a wedding, right?
No matter where you celebrate, it’s going to be something else. Save the money for a house :closedeye[/QUOTE]

That’s what we’re thinking. We want the wedding to be something nice we can look back on, but it’s only one day… we’d rather have a nice honeymoon, a nice house, and some money set aside to get started with.

We do know that we want to do some kind of themed wedding. We’re both into history, so we’ve been tossing around ideas of 40s big band, 30s art deco, masquerade… However, this will also depend on our budget, so it may end up being a pretty standard theme-free wedding! :laugh:

PJ and baloo… a wedding! This just got really exciting! YAY

[QUOTE=PrincessJill;1023488]I believe I’ve read that actually, yes! They do not allow weddings on property unless it’s through them. So I don’t think we’d get very far…
“Do you, Jillian, take–” “Oh no, it’s the Disney cops!!! Father, we’re going to have to speed this up a little!!” :laugh:

However… they do have weddings at the Swan & Dolphin, which are cheaper. I don’t remember what the difference was. I’ll have to look into that again… maybe that would be an option.

That’s what we’re thinking. We want the wedding to be something nice we can look back on, but it’s only one day… we’d rather have a nice honeymoon, a nice house, and some money set aside to get started with.

We do know that we want to do some kind of themed wedding. We’re both into history, so we’ve been tossing around ideas of 40s big band, 30s art deco, masquerade… However, this will also depend on our budget, so it may end up being a pretty standard theme-free wedding! :laugh:[/QUOTE]
What fun, all around. How exciting. Keep us posted on everything please :happy:

Will do!

My friend warned that as soon as I had the ring on my finger, I would go wedding-crazy and start planning frantically. I was like “No way! That’s not me! Besides, the wedding is so far off…”

… Um, yeah. I already have a stack of wedding magazines and too many crazy ideas. :blush::laugh:

There is something TERRIBLY WRONG with eating DUCK in WDW. :eek:

What next, BBQ Mouse? :blow:

[QUOTE=PrincessJill;1023488]I believe I’ve read that actually, yes! They do not allow weddings on property unless it’s through them. So I don’t think we’d get very far…

“Do you, Jillian, take–” “Oh no, it’s the Disney cops!!! Father, we’re going to have to speed this up a little!!” :laugh:[/QUOTE]

:laugh: They are right. Save the money for a house!

Weddings. Keep it classy and simple, you’ll be glad you did.