We're Going To The MNSSHP!

We’ve never been! Because I hate - HATE - Halloween…long story…

Anyway, after reading Beth’s report and talking to Dana I’ve decided to take the plunge and hope it will cure me of my loathing of Halloween. We will NOT be wearing costumes - (this goes along with my whole “hate Halloween” hangup). Will we be the only ones? I don’t know anything about the Party. Please fill me in!

Hi Janice! Well we always have enjoyed MNSSHP as you already know- partly because in this part of the world Halloween is relatively a small event ( although it is getting more popular as the years go on)
MNSSHP is such good fun, you will be amazed at how they transform the park, and by the parade ‘Boo to you’ and the headless horseman etc.
As for dressing up, well, we (me and Paul) didn’t the first year we went ( which was the first time MNSSHP had operated) and we really felt out of it. Not than anyone made us feel out of it we just really wished we had joined in. Chelsey was only about 9 maybe? and she was a witch, an easy outfit to pull together. Since then everyone we have been to we have worn masquerade masks and dressed all in black- a poor effort compared to some you will see (amazing ingenuity) but we are restricted by baggage allowance.
I think you should make a teeny effort to get into the spirit ( excuse the pun!)
You’ll enjoy it…I hope.

[QUOTE=dixie;1091385]Hi Janice! Well we always have enjoyed MNSSHP as you already know- partly because in this part of the world Halloween is relatively a small event ( although it is getting more popular as the years go on)
MNSSHP is such good fun, you will be amazed at how they transform the park, and by the parade ‘Boo to you’ and the headless horseman etc.
As for dressing up, well, we (me and Paul) didn’t the first year we went ( which was the first time MNSSHP had operated) and we really felt out of it. Not than anyone made us feel out of it we just really wished we had joined in. Chelsey was only about 9 maybe? and she was a witch, an easy outfit to pull together. Since then everyone we have been to we have worn masquerade masks and dressed all in black- a poor effort compared to some you will see (amazing ingenuity) but we are restricted by baggage allowance.
I think you should make a teeny effort to get into the spirit ( excuse the pun!)
You’ll enjoy it…I hope.[/QUOTE]

Oh…gosh…Karen - I am so BAD at costumes. I always feel so silly…Maybe I’ll find a checked shirt and go as a Canadian (as evidently people seem to think that we all wear checked shirts.:wacko:) And I hate the thought of packing extra stuff…I’ll give it a think.

No, I never wore costumes, because I felt like an idiot wearing something like that… I never felt out of place at WDW. I felt like it was more of a fall celebration… Until you get to the parades and the fireworks… Which I would highly recommend. I think that it is more of a party atmosphere, and I had so much fun. That being said, I went with 2 kids, who loved dressing up… and getting candy. It is fun to see the park dressed up for Halloween. Haunted mansion is great, as all other areas are too… It really is a must see- whether you dress up or not…

Have fun!! We are going and dressing up as a pirate family. We had found a pirate parrot costume for DS and DH and I have POTC costumes.

Checked shirt and a Davy Crockett hat carrying a jar of maple syrup?..sorted!..:tongue::biggrin:

OK - I’m glad to hear you were ok uncostumed!

Ummm - Davy Crockett was American.:happy: And carrying maple syrup in your luggage? Well, there’s a recipe for disaster!:laugh:

DH will probably want to wear his new Winnipeg Jets jersey. He’ll end up getting beat up by some Atlanta person…(hanwill):whistling

I just feel bad getting candy without a costume, so I put on some nod to a costume, like a headband with kitty ears. I have no desire to be saddled with a costume for the whole night. Besides, it gets HOT and muggy most nights.

We LOVE the Halloween party. That parade/fireworks special alone is worth it for me.

I felt more than ok with no costume. In fact, my husband probably would not go if he had to wear one. I think that it is too much fun to miss… Enjoy yourself- in regular clothes… It is a lot of fun.

We LOVE MNSSHP and this upcoming trip was planned just so we can go again. We’ve only been once way back in 2005 but it was great! We all dressed up then and are debating it for this time. Last time I got hot in that Queen of Hearts dress. You will have fun!

[QUOTE=ddoll;1091408]I just feel bad getting candy without a costume, so I put on some nod to a costume, like a headband with kitty ears. I have no desire to be saddled with a costume for the whole night. Besides, it gets HOT and muggy most nights.

We LOVE the Halloween party. That parade/fireworks special alone is worth it for me.[/QUOTE]

I really think I’d be ok if I wore a headband - although I wasn’t planning on getting candy - but once I get there I’ll probably want some. I do love the kit-tahs. I just know I’ll never feel comfortable in a costume. Physically or mentally.

Just talked to dd who is totally ok with wearing fairy wings and crown, so that’s what she’s going to do. Her boyfriend is going as Nick Simmons because - he’s Nick Simmons identical twin. It is so weird - but people actually do double-takes when they see him.

OHHHHH! I’m so glad you are going! Seeing we were last minute, we didn’t have costumes. I’d say it was 60% wearing costumes, and 40% not. So, you shouldn’t feel out of place at all not having one. We didn’t.

From the perspective of a first timer, it seemed to me the front of MK much more crowded at the beginning of the party than the back. We bypassed the crowds in the front and headed for Pirates. As we made our way around trick r treating, we ended up in Frontierland. Then ds read that the parade started in Frontierland, which I don’t believe too many people knew because I walked right up to the rope, no one around me 15 minutes prior to the parade, having front row seats!

Have a wonderful time!

[QUOTE=bethishooked;1091414]OHHHHH! I’m so glad you are going! Seeing we were last minute, we didn’t have costumes. I’d say it was 60% wearing costumes, and 40% not. So, you shouldn’t feel out of place at all not having one. We didn’t.

From the perspective of a first timer, it seemed to me the front of MK much more crowded at the beginning of the party than the back. We bypassed the crowds in the front and headed for Pirates. As we made our way around trick r treating, we ended up in Frontierland. Then ds read that the parade started in Frontierland, which I don’t believe too many people knew because I walked right up to the rope, no one around me 15 minutes prior to the parade, having front row seats!

Have a wonderful time![/QUOTE]

Thank you Beth - it was because of your report it got me thinking about this - this is what I wanted to hear. We will head toward the back and thanks for the Frontierland tip. I’m most excited about the Parade. and fireworks.

[QUOTE=llama;1091404]Ummm - Davy Crockett was American.:happy: And carrying maple syrup in your luggage? Well, there’s a recipe for disaster!:laugh:

DH will probably want to wear his new Winnipeg Jets jersey. He’ll end up getting beat up by some Atlanta person…(hanwill):whistling[/QUOTE]

OK Davy Crockett ‘style’ hat- …and me with a History major! tut tut:redface::redface::redface:

Hanwill will not beat him up, unless, I can fly in to visit. and since you are not buying my ticket… I guess he is safe. don’t worry- I am a football (the American kind) fan. No worries here…

He will be relieved to know that. Unfortunately for Atlanta hockey fans - they are few and far between - I guess they’re all at the football games.

yes… then when they took the team up north… it kinda fell apart…

Hope you have a wonderful time! The event is AWESOME! Don’t miss the parade or the fireworks, as they are special just for the MNSSHP! Also, have your camera ready a few minutes before the parade starts…a special spooky character rides through the street. We always seem to miss it with the camera…so I’m gonna have it ready this time!!

The adults in our party don’t dress up. I wear a shirt with a Halloween theme on it, but that’s about it. The first year we all went as pirates. You will see tons of people not dressed up - so don’t worry. And everyone collects candy (in costume or not). It is included in the ticket price, so make sure you get some candy!!

It is a really magical experience, and I think you will have a reason to like Halloween after you enjoy the party :slight_smile:

HAVE FUN!!!

Yay!!! I think you should just bring a hockey jersey and go as a hockey fan:) We’ll be doing Disneyland’s version next Friday!! Isn’t dressing in costume, but I think I’ll take his LSU stuff and he’ll go as an LSU fan. hehe. Me? I could take my hula stuff…but…I think I may go as a Hockey fan! hehe Or…I’ll just wear one of the Halloween t-shirts that I have.
Can’t wait to hear how you enjoy it.