We're going to try BLT

We’re so excited, I just switched two of our nights to a Magic Kingdom view at BLT. We’re starting our trip at BLT! We didn’t want to book the whole trip there, just a couple of nights to try it.

I didn’t get a chance to call until about 4:30 and still didn’t have any trouble getting a room. It took 14 points more than the same two nights at BCV but I think it will be worth it to wake up and see the MK from our room.

I’m still working on our ADR plans, I just need park hours to come out so I can finish it.

I think I’m more excited about this trip than the last few and getting BLT made it even more exciting.

Thanks for letting me share my excitement.

Congrats!! Please adopt me!! BLT and BCV sound WONDERFUL!!

It does sound wonderful, I think that’s part of why I’m extra excited about this trip.

I need to decide on a couple more restaurants and our plans are done. I haven’t booked flights yet but SWA has released our dates, I’m just waiting to see it the price comes down a little (from $131 each way).

From everyone I’ve talked to since it’s opening, BLT is totally a love or hate thing. I absolutely LOVED it there and never wanted to leave! It’s ABSOLUTELY gorgeous! Other people just don’t dig the modern feel, but that MK view CANNOT be beat!

Congrats! you’re going to have a blast!

PS: what kind of room did you book at BLT?

DT said a MK view I think. I guess that’s why it’s a lot more points then BCV.

I have never even considered staying there, but ur excitement has me pondering it. Maybe we can use a few points and stay a night or two.

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;1009855]We’re so excited, I just switched two of our nights to a Magic Kingdom view at BLT. We’re starting our trip at BLT! We didn’t want to book the whole trip there, just a couple of nights to try it.

I didn’t get a chance to call until about 4:30 and still didn’t have any trouble getting a room. It took 14 points more than the same two nights at BCV but I think it will be worth it to wake up and see the MK from our room.

I’m still working on our ADR plans, I just need park hours to come out so I can finish it.

I think I’m more excited about this trip than the last few and getting BLT made it even more exciting.

Thanks for letting me share my excitement.[/QUOTE]

I think that the modern feel of the place is softened a little by their use of bright colors… I think it makes it “happy modern”… and then when you throw in twinkling lights from the MK- MAgic!

[QUOTE=WishUponAStar;1009859]From everyone I’ve talked to since it’s opening, BLT is totally a love or hate thing. I absolutely LOVED it there and never wanted to leave! It’s ABSOLUTELY gorgeous! Other people just don’t dig the modern feel, but that MK view CANNOT be beat!

Congrats! you’re going to have a blast![/QUOTE]

Thanks! To be honest, the theme just isn’t us but I want to see it in person and stay there so we will truly know if it fits us. I know we will love, love, love the view and location, and the pool looks awesome so what’s not to like? The only thing I question is the room, it doesn’t look like my style but it’s a vacation not my home.

We booked a MK view studio. It’s a Thursday-Saturday stay and I think it took 14 more points than the same nights at BCV. We truly have more points than we can typically use in a year with just my family so the extra few points aren’t an issue.

That’s why we’re only doing two nights, we’re not sure how we’ll feel about it. We :heart: BCV and don’t want to totally give that up so two nights to start the trip sounded like a nice way to get a feel for BLT. If we don’t love it it’s only two nights and we move to BCV, if we love it we can plan another vacation there at some point.

That’s why we booked the MK view. At first I thought about saving the points and booking a lake view but truly the points weren’t that different for two nights and we wanted the magic of a MK view. If it were the whole trip I don’t know that we would spend the points but for two nights it’s worth it.

Sorry, I meant like studio or 1-bedroom, etc. :happy:

The Studios are a little small & funky. I absolutely loved them but one of my co-workers said she’d never stay there again cause she “didn’t feel like she was at Disney.” How she had a MK view & didn’t feel like she was at Disney I have no clue but she said it felt “cold and modern.” I didn’t think it felt cold at all, but I guess some people just don’t dig the modern type decor.

Congrats!

We love BLT. I hope you do too.

Stephanie, that’s exactly what we are doing!!! We are staying two nights with a MK view studio, and then moving on over to AKV. I think its the best of both worlds. Even though AKV is our favorite place in the world, we made BLT our home resort because we thought it would be a lot tougher to get into it at 7 months because of location, location, location. We are just at 3 months away, and with the new shiny camera dh bought me for Christmas (because I pouted I couldn’t get any good pictures of the castle with Christmas lights due to an old camera), I will definitely be posting great shots of the castle from our room. Congrats. It sounds like you are just as excited as I am!

I’ve read the studio is set up in a weird way but we can live with that, we had a HA studio at BCV and made it work for four days. I’m just excited about the view, what a way to wake up every day.

[QUOTE=DVC Mike;1009912]Congrats!

We love BLT. I hope you do too.[/QUOTE]

I hope we love it, the location alone gives it a huge edge.

I am excited, in fact, I haven’t been this excited in several trips. I don’t mind switching resorts so this arrangement works perfect for us–we get to try a new resort but still get to stay at our favorite resort.

My DD had a studio and I thought the kitchenette/bathroom sink set up was really odd. To me it felt like they put in a walk in closet and then remembered the sinks, so they used the closet for the kitchenette/sink area. Now saying that, we are staying there in sept. We really like being able to walk from MK.