Westchester NY (HPN) airport

Anyone ever fly out of this airport? Is it nice?

I know it’s small, which is AWESOME!! We usually fly out of Stewart, in Newburgh. But I can get a much much cheaper fare (we’re talking 66 bucks each way–for the time we are going in may) flying out of HPN.

Thanks!! :happy:

I love HPN…I stopped flying out Laguardia and JFK altogether now. They have one terminal so if you’re gate changes you’re not running around. The airport is clean and outside they have good security (real police). So even when you land late at night there’s someone there if you need it. The only issue is parking. I get dropped off and picked up, but I think if you have to park long term it might be an issue. You should check with the airport…they have a website with more info on parking.

Thanks! I was reading about that and its making me nervous… and car service would cost us 300$ the parking at the airport is alot too but it would cost a little less than the car service

You might try calling them to seem if they can give you a better idea when would be a good time to arrive. Sometimes getting there extra early or extra late will give you a better chance at finding something. Last time I returned from WDW was late 9pm and there were alot of people driving out of the lots. Unfortunately HPN is in the middle of a residential area so it’s not like there’s a whole lot of other options (like arriving early and staying in a hotel or something).

But I must say the benefits for me have outweighed the hassles. I’m so much less stressed now about flying than I used to be. I’ve also never had a delay (knock on wood). In fact when I flew Jetblue they boarded early b/c everyone was checked in. We arrived in MCO about 30-40 min before our arrival time. Talk about a great start to my WDW trip!

[QUOTE=zefyr;925927]You might try calling them to seem if they can give you a better idea when would be a good time to arrive. Sometimes getting there extra early or extra late will give you a better chance at finding something. Last time I returned from WDW was late 9pm and there were alot of people driving out of the lots. Unfortunately HPN is in the middle of a residential area so it’s not like there’s a whole lot of other options (like arriving early and staying in a hotel or something).

But I must say the benefits for me have outweighed the hassles. I’m so much less stressed now about flying than I used to be. I’ve also never had a delay (knock on wood). In fact when I flew Jetblue they boarded early b/c everyone was checked in. We arrived in MCO about 30-40 min before our arrival time. Talk about a great start to my WDW trip![/QUOTE]

That’s the same that we love about Stewart! We’re driving an extra 45 mins to HPN but for a 66 $ (stewart was 124 and 154!!) fare I didn’t mind!! (plus it’s giving us 3 more days in WDW!!)

We have a late flight out–7:50pm and a late flight back too (arriving at 10:21)

We have flown from both Stewart and HPN. Love them both. Both are relatively tiny but if you can get a good rate on a good carrier like Jetblue, I would not hesitate.