What a wild trip-trip report

Hey guys! Just returned from 9 days at the world, and I have a lot to say… More later- still working on getting food back into the house… I ahve pictures too.

Woo - we love pictures! :happy:

Welcome, back!

I can’t wait to read your report. We were there at the same time so it will be interesting to see what you guys did.

Waiting in breathless anticipation!:happy:

Yeah! I love trip reports!!!

Welcome home. I can’t wait to hear how it went.

Can’t wait to hear about it!

ok- I have been a slacker… and I am getting ready for a trip to the land (Disneyland). So please excuse my crazy self…

Here is the cast of characters:
Me- mom of 3
DD-13
DS-11
DS-2
(Yes those ages are important)
My Parents (69 and 67).

My hubby could not get this much time off, so we took off to FLA while he was at home holding down the fort.

We decided to leave a day early and drive down to Orlando… we stayed at a La Quinta on Intl Drive. While it was clean and ok- it was not Disney, and neither were the other guests at the hotel… it was a bad scene. So I was in a hurry to get out of there the next morning and try to check into our room early. My Dad, Mr. Rule follower… tried to tell me we could not check in early… (at 9 am). Needless to say, this was not the first time that I proved him wrong this trip…

So, we checked into SSR into a 2 BR unit. I swear, they had just refurbished the entire thing. The carpet smelled new. and it was squeaky clean-just my kind of place… Im a germ freak, and I take very good care of my stuff- so I want everything to look like a model home (its my designer syndrome). We were in the Paddock section, close to the pool and bus stop. that works great with a toddler and two tweens…

We were in the room by 9:30, and the staff at the hotel was great! My toddler started screaming when we entered the lobby (he wanted to be outside, and he didn’t understand what we were doing)… and they rushed over with stickers and a balloon. He was thrilled, so were the other people in the lobby. Got our room key, balloon and our smiles and we were ready for our week.

Now, one thing I will say- I never used the kitchen in the room- except for the fridge. I didn’t want to leave to even go to the store-how sad is that?

Loved the room, and the pools, although it was a little spread out.

It was our first time staying in a DVC, and my impressions were:

1. What took us so long
  2. Why are we not DVC members
  3. It was much more relaxing than getting 2 hotel rooms
  4. You could come there, and never go to the parks…
  5. When can we come back?

So, after getting settled into our room- I told my parents about going to Beaches and cream for lunch. They were convinced. It was fun but the baby was tired and he wanted to get up and run around the restaurant (which my parents would have let the grandchild do, but I was insistent upon not letting him run wild through a restaurant (who are these once strict people with me on vacation???)). He was happy pushing buttons on the juke box.

We came out to a little rain shower, which we discovered would be the theme of the week). But it didn’t last too long…

Took the kids swimming that afternoon and then went to Turf Club for dinner. It was ok, nothing great food wise, but the server was very nice.

Went to bed and got rested up for a day at EPCOT.

Normally, we always go to the MK first, but seeing that it was Gay Days, and we got caught up in a special presentation of the country bear jamboree one year… we had decided to just switch our days around.

I make everyone get up early, and they hate it until they are riding stuff with no lines…
Well, this year it was very crowded-every park, every day… Wait times were high, and there were a lot of people. But, people were friendly, and no one ran over us with a stroller or a scooter, and we returned the favor, so all was good…I’ll post some pics…

[QUOTE=hanwill;1134977]Normally, we always go to the MK first, but seeing that it was Gay Days, and we got caught up in a special presentation of the country bear jamboree one year… we had decided to just switch our days around.

I make everyone get up early, and they hate it until they are riding stuff with no lines…
Well, this year it was very crowded-every park, every day… Wait times were high, and there were a lot of people. But, people were friendly, and no one ran over us with a stroller or a scooter, and we returned the favor, so all was good…I’ll post some pics…[/QUOTE]

…keep it coming…:slight_smile:

…I’m telling ya—every one of my friends who have been in the last year have agreed with me—the parks are definitely more crowded than they were in the past…business must be good for Disney!!!

Ahhh- my pics won’t unload… there’s a security token missing… more on that later!

Yes, very good seeing the line wait times- 120 minute waits were not uncommon- the whole week. I have been this same week the past 3 years in a row. There was a definite difference… but not impossible… just more like old times.

So I’ll try again with the pics_

still having trouble- more later… have to go get a luggage wheel fixed!

Great start! Can’t wait for more!

Whoa! Two great trip reports started today!

ok- can’t fix the luggage wheel fixed,ugh! And I had a fight with the trash can people. UGH!

Ok, back to more pleasant things… I’ll try more pictures… fingers crossed!

Can’t wait to read the rest of your TR!

ok here are a few of us… :wink:

Ok… forgot to mention that right after lunch we went to Epcot, through security just to ride the monorail. My son was in awe for about 5 days. Now he screams, “monorail!”. When he sees it- brainwashing has already started .:wink: