What about this news? Big news!

The empire strikes back: Disney readies a major Hollywood Studios expansion at Walt Disney World

Wonder what your thoughts are on this… Cars and Star Wars? I see a new favorite emerging.

Oh, I read about that about a prediction about that a month or so ago. Looks like it is actually happening. We knew it would eventually…

Get rid of the Muppets Theater??? WHY???

Cars Land at DCA looks cool and all, but the name really annoys me. Cars Land? Is that the best their creative department could come up with? Why not Radiator Springs???

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;1134783]Oh, I read about that about a prediction about that a month or so ago. Looks like it is actually happening. We knew it would eventually…

Get rid of the Muppets Theater??? WHY???

Cars Land at DCA looks cool and all, but the name really annoys me. Cars Land? Is that the best their creative department could come up with? Why not Radiator Springs???[/QUOTE]

I agree with you there…Cars Land reminds me of a roadside exhibit or something…Disney really could do better…

Could have been route 66 too… oh well…

Now this is something I can get excited about. I hate to lose anything but this expansion is much needed.

SO EXCITED!!! That’s my thoughts~!

I vaguely remember Star Wars…only saw the first one and I’ve never seen Cars - so I’m not overly-excited about this. I guess I’ll have to wait and see. Don’t know how I’m going to break the Muppets departure to DD1.

I’ve never any Stars Wars movie but I think Disney could do a lot of good things with it.

You should give Cars a try, it s a cute movie. I wasn’t sure about it but I pleasantly surprised when we saw it for the first time.

We never miss the Muppets, it’s a cute show and a nice break from the heat in the summer. I’ll be sad to see it go.

I would love to see either!! Radiator Springs Racers is my new favorite ride…I would love one here on the east coast.

I’m extremely excited about this!!!

I’m extremely excited about this! I hate to lose Muppetvision, if that’s the direction they go with the Star Wars expansion, but otherwise I think this could be huge.

I think the name Cars Land is as simple as its a Marketing tool for their Movie. If you are around any little kid, and mention “Cars” they immediately think of that movie. Too bad they don’t inlcude “Mater” something, because he steals the show!!!

Exciting!! I’m dying to try out Radiator Springs Racers. I hope they take their time and really give some love to DHS. I too would be sad to see the Muppets go. I can see the argument for keeping the stage, but… couldn’t they just build a new stage in a more convenient location? I would think they’d enjoy the excuse to build a new one that better serves all the events they’re using it for now.

Btw… did anyone else read the line about completion in 2018 and think “ohhhh that’s SO far away!!” … and then read the follow-up about it being a five-year project and realize that your brain still hasn’t yet fully processed that we’re in the two-thousand-teens? :blink::laugh:

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;1134791]I’ve never any Stars Wars movie but I think Disney could do a lot of good things with it.

You should give Cars a try, it s a cute movie. I wasn’t sure about it but I pleasantly surprised when we saw it for the first time.

We never miss the Muppets, it’s a cute show and a nice break from the heat in the summer. I’ll be sad to see it go.[/QUOTE]

I’ve always meant to see Cars…I’ll have to give it a try. I just really hate to see the classics go. Muppets has been there from the beginning. If something has to go to make space, why not Lights, Action, Motorcars? It’s just dumb. And noisy. And the gas fumes and burning tires make me nauseaus.

I guess they are moving away from the “studio” aspect of the park now. Originally, the animation tour and backstage tours were the focal point of the park!! People lined up to see how movies were animated.

I guess since so much is done by computer there isn’t really alot to see now…but still…a Disney production isn’t all computer…and wouldn’t it be nice to be able to show these next generations how movies USED to be made?

Attendance in that area must not have been good for a while…

I was just telling my DD the other day that they should put Cars on the area where the “fake” movie buildings, etc. stand. I would hate to lose any attractions, but this sounds great!

[QUOTE=smallworld;1134814]I guess they are moving away from the “studio” aspect of the park now. Originally, the animation tour and backstage tours were the focal point of the park!! People lined up to see how movies were animated.

I guess since so much is done by computer there isn’t really alot to see now…but still…a Disney production isn’t all computer…and wouldn’t it be nice to be able to show these next generations how movies USED to be made?

Attendance in that area must not have been good for a while…[/QUOTE]

I agree - one of our favourite things to do is take the drawing lesson in the Art of Animation. Everytime we’ve been there the class is full - with people waiting - so it’s obvious that people still enjoy doing the simple things.

I will not be sad to see Lights, Motor Action go, and the Backlot Tour is one I don’t mind missing, but I am going to be really sad to lose Muppets. We loved that show.

All in all, this is exciting news to me. Hollywood Studios is a park I could do in half a day because I’m not a fan of ToT or the above-mentioned attractions and I can take or leave Indiana Jones. The addition of Star Wars land, Cars Land and adding more to Pixar Place is exciting to me! Of course, waiting until 2018 to see it completed is going to be very, very difficult, but it is one more great thing to count down to!

I can easily see Lights, etc, etc going away to make room for Cars Land. The stunt show has pretty much run for 8 years and around here, doesn’t seem so popular anymore. Same for Catastrophe Canyon. I can’t recall doing this in the 21st Century. I don’t understand getting rid of the Muppet Theater, and I have to wonder what will become of Streets of America and by extension The Osbourne Lights. Flip side, Pixar Place needs more than one attraction and a crappy gift shop and we all know there’s big money to be made with a Star Wars mini park with several attractions as well.

AND A ROLLER COASTER!!!

Then start designing one mister.