What are the chances

of this continuing during the summer? from allears

Via Napoli in the Italy pavilion at Epcot is selling pizza by the slice (full pizzas are not available) now through May 28. Place orders at the podium to the left of the restaurant’s main entrance. Items sold include: Cheese Pizza, $4.50; Pepperoni Pizza, $5.25; Mini Cannoli, $3.50; Soda – Coke, Sprite and Diet Coke, $2.50; Dasani Water, $2.50. This venue is treated as a quick-service restaurant option on the Disney Dining Plan. Hours of operation: noon-8 p.m., except on Fridays during Extra Magic Hours (EMH) when the pizza window is open noon-9 p.m.

I really need this for the 1st week of June so the kiddos can get their pizza while I enjoy my Mexican. :pinch:

Does All Ears say this is a test or is this in conjunction with the Flower and Garden Show?

Come to think of it, I seem to recall when Via Napoli was first announced that there was going to be a quick serve option. Could be they’re trying it after getting the restaurant up, running, and popular.

I’d love to see this extended indefinitely. I always thought they should offer slices. I hope this get good reviews and continues.

Perfect- DH and I were wanting to try Via Napoli and hoping we could find something like this as a lunch option one day on our upcoming trip!! I’m very excited to try as I hear many people love the pizza here so far!!

i read somewhere though that the pizza at the window is NOT the same as the pizza in the restaurant, different ovens even. wonder if that makes a difference in taste?

It will if they don’t bake them in a wood fired brick oven.
Also, changes in dough, sauce, and blend of cheeses will.
Via Napoli has three ovens and they should be able to keep up with demand for those dining in and those wanting to take away if they are all in operation.

I can’t imagine that it wouldn’t be the same…like…what would be the point of selling Via Napoli pizza if it wasn’t…Via Napola pizza?:confused:

Enjoy! A nice place to eat and Great food.

DH and I were wondering about this too. However, if the pizza isn’t Via Napoli pizza, it won’t really matter to us.

on another board (sorry), someone posted pics of the pizza in house and the pizza at the take away window - they looked different and this person said it was different taste and they didn’t think it was made in same ovens. I haven’t been, so I’m just sharing what I’ve read.

who’s going soon that is willing to taste test them both (and take pics of course) for us?

[QUOTE=emamasa;1072572]on another board (sorry), someone posted pics of the pizza in house and the pizza at the take away window - they looked different and this person said it was different taste and they didn’t think it was made in same ovens. I haven’t been, so I’m just sharing what I’ve read.

who’s going soon that is willing to taste test them both (and take pics of course) for us?[/QUOTE]
Sounds like pretty good information, though. I hope someone on here can give us a “real” report. :laugh:

I would say the pizza window is at least a semi-permanent addition at least. It is to the left of the entrance and is part of the building. Much like the pizza window at the Boardwalk. Looking at the pizza’s that were being eaten outdoors, they were breadier than one wife that my wife had as we dined indoors.

Not sure if this is the norm. though.

[QUOTE=gatour;1072704]I would say the pizza window is at least a semi-permanent addition at least. It is to the left of the entrance and is part of the building. Much like the pizza window at the Boardwalk. Looking at the pizza’s that were being eaten outdoors, they were breadier than one wife that my wife had as we dined indoors.

Not sure if this is the norm. though.[/QUOTE]

Yay!!! Kid’s get their pizza, and I get my Mexican. Sounds like a win-win :happy:

Sounds wonderful- we loved the Via Napoli pizza and I am sure it wont be too far removed from the original inside pizzas?

It’s funny. Having eaten in Spoodles several times, I usually had a really good view of the pizza kitchen behind the window. The pizza smelled good, but I just never wanted to bother with it.
Why? Because I knew with 99% certainty that the crust was a fail.
Maybe some day, but why?

I really hope that they aren’t playing games at Via Napoli and serving two different pizzas, on for inside and one for outside.

check out this article from disneyfoodblog -

Guest Review: Via Napoli Pizza Window | the disney food blog

(is it ok that i linked it? sorry, if not!!)

That’s exactly what the pizza slices “to-go” looked like (based on the pictures at the above posted link). My Mom and I ate at Via Napoli Saturday evening and she was arguing with me about the fact that the pizza HAD to be the same as what was served to us.

I’m like “Mom, look out the window! It is THICK crust pizza, not the regular thin type pizza we are eating…”

She had a very tough time swallowing the fact that I was right… But hey, when you see people sitting around outside eating very thick crusted pizza, how can I be wrong?

BTW I did not see any of the “to-go” pizzas coming from any of the three wood fired ovens… but I didn’t hang out in that area for a long time either…

[QUOTE=papa bear;1072761]
BTW I did not see any of the “to-go” pizzas coming from any of the three wood fired ovens… but I didn’t hang out in that area for a long time either…[/QUOTE]

But why? Why would they be that short sighted to not offer the same pizza to the take away crowd?
If as you say, they were serving a thick crusted pizza, that says it isn’t the normal Disney pizza either. Via Napoli’s pizza isn’t just thin crust, it’s extra thin.
Generally thinner than a standard NY style pizza.

I believe you when you post what you saw, I just don’t understand why.

[QUOTE=emamasa;1072758]check out this article from disneyfoodblog -

Guest Review: Via Napoli Pizza Window | the disney food blog

(is it ok that i linked it? sorry, if not!!)[/QUOTE]

That’s funny.
On most discussion forums, if you don’t link to an article, people complain.
Then again, on some forums, you run into people who scream about copyright violations and lack of citations.

Reading the blog you linked, that is certainly a plain Sicilian pie. I don’t even think it would be a Margherita pizza unless the sauce is on the chunky side. I understand a Margherita pizza to have a chunky sauce (if you can call this a sauce).

Pizza Recipe : Margherita Pizza

Ingredients Required

* 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
* 1/2 lb. plum Roma tomatoes, chopped
* 1 clove garlic, crushed and finely chopped
* 1/2 tsp. salt
* 1 12" uncooked NY Style dough crust
* 6 oz. mozzarella cheese, shredded
* 6 fresh basil leaves cut into julienne strips
* extra virgin olive oil
* 1/4 cup fresh shredded parmesan cheese

Step by Step Procedure

1. Combine 2 Tbls. olive oil, tomatoes, garlic, and salt in bowl.
  2. Allow to marinate while making dough.
  3. Brush dough crust lightly with olive oil.
  4. Top with cheese, then tomatoes.
  5. Drizzle with olive oil.
  6. Bake in preheated 500F oven on pizza stone for 8−10 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbly.
  7. Remove from oven and top with parmesan cheese, then basil.
  8. Cool on a wire rack for 2−3 minutes before cutting into wedges and serving.

Looking at the pick up window, it looks like the pizzas are coming from off stage and are being kept in those steel hot boxes.
The Strombolli looks good, so long as there are no peppers and onions involved. The cannoli? Who can tell from a picture.

[QUOTE=papa bear;1072761]That’s exactly what the pizza slices “to-go” looked like (based on the pictures at the above posted link). My Mom and I ate at Via Napoli Saturday evening and she was arguing with me about the fact that the pizza HAD to be the same as what was served to us.

I’m like “Mom, look out the window! It is THICK crust pizza, not the regular thin type pizza we are eating…”

She had a very tough time swallowing the fact that I was right… But hey, when you see people sitting around outside eating very thick crusted pizza, how can I be wrong?

BTW I did not see any of the “to-go” pizzas coming from any of the three wood fired ovens… but I didn’t hang out in that area for a long time either…[/QUOTE]

Darn. I was really looking forward to eating take out pizza here this summer. I’m really disappointed its not the same as inside.