What are the parks like in April?

I had such a lousy time on our last trip (Oct.09) that I swore we wouldn’t be going back for awhile. Well, now my dh is walking around with his bottom lip sticking out and dog droopy eyes so I’m starting to cave in. He agrees to a short trip (4nites) this time so I’m looking at April 19th-23rd. I’ve always wanted to see the flowers at Epcot, plus the 22nd is my b’day so thought it would be nice time to go. What I’m wondering is how are the crowds at that time. Your input would be much appreciated.:happy:

Crowds are awesome!! Practically non-existent! Well, its WDW and there will always be crowds but that is a great time of year to go. You have completely avoided Easter (that is key) and Spring breaks and you don’t have any summer crowds yet. We have been many many times at that time of year and love it.

Well now, isn’t this the cooincidence that we’re both planning when we both said we wouldn’t be. :laugh:
We’ve been there in April but they were all Spring Break so it was crazy busy. But the Flower and Garden Show is absolutely beautiful. And the weather rocks! Forget about October and think about a happy celebration in April! I wish we could afford to go that soon, we’d go at the same time. :happy:

I’m trying to remember your TR, and why it was lousy. I hate hearing when MB’ers have a bad time. I agree with your DH that it’s time for a “redo” and create some new happy memories!

[QUOTE=smee57;1011491]Well now, isn’t this the cooincidence that we’re both planning when we both said we wouldn’t be. :laugh:
We’ve been there in April but they were all Spring Break so it was crazy busy. But the Flower and Garden Show is absolutely beautiful. And the weather rocks! Forget about October and think about a happy celebration in April! I wish we could afford to go that soon, we’d go at the same time. :happy:[/QUOTE]

Wouldn’t that be a blast. I would love to experience wdw through the eyes of Yuri’s’ age.

No, I don’t do tr’s. I enjoy reading them, but can’t find the words to do our’s. Our trip just wasn’t good for me. Turns out I was coming down with something and didn’t know it. It was way to hot for me too and POR was so under par, I couldn’t wait to get home. Looks like we’ll be staying there again so hope they’ve cleaned up their act.

We are going the 16th- 24th. I have been checking the Who’s going thread and it looks empty. We are going after Easter so crowds should be low.It is school vacation week in most of New England though. April was hot when I went last but thats what pools are for!

Have a great trip! I am just doing the double digit dance!

Go Go Go!!! We have been there in april before and it is perfect. No crowds, great temp and the best time to go.

I mentioned to Gary that maybe we could swing an April trip financially. :wink: He reminded me that he has to work almost every Saturday in April because his boss changed their inventory Saturdays from May to April. :glare: I’ll give him subliminal messages about a Sunday to Friday trip . . . :happy:

SO- what it like the Monday after Easter---- is it terrible or moderately crowded- or you can’t move like the 26th of December crowded? We are actually going on the 5th— hmmmm

Loretta! I’m surprised and happy for you! I’m hoping that you find the magic this time.

As long as you go after Easter/Spring Break, it’s great.
We were there the week before Good Friday in 2009 and the crowds were pretty bad, although not quite as bad as Christmas week, Thanksgiving weekend, or the Fourth of July.

Thanks Chris, it’s a bit of a surprise to me too. I must say that I’m more excited about this trip than I was last years. Good sign, I hope. :happy:

We took our DD on her first trip in April 07 and it was great , Caught some of the Spring Breakers but for only half of the week… Still it did not hinder our trip.
Great weather and the IFGS at Epcot was amazing. The crowds were moderate at times. But like I always say … “Your in Disney World” :pirate:

We went in April a few years ago and we loved it! The weather was perfect - sunny, no humidity, little rain. As far as crowds go, we typically go at busy times of the year (summer, Thanksgiving, 4th of July) and it wasn’t nearly as crowded as those busy times - not slow of course - but manageable.
I say go for it!!!

I dont know how i missed this thread before… but 3 years in a row we went the week of April 19-26th. The crowds are very manageable. We love going then. The weather is pretty nice as well. Usually some quick thundershowers in the afternoons.

And the Flower and Garden Festival is going on at Epcot.

Thanks for all the advice friends. I booked our trip on Friday. My dh is so happy, you’d think he was 10 years old. I guess I’m a little excited too. :happy: I’ve been trying to book a ressie at the Liberty Tree for lunch on my birthday, but they’re all booked up already. I’m going to keep trying though.

Hmmmm…I guess if you can’t get a ressie it will be crowded:ohmy:

Oh yea!! I’m so glad you’re excited, too. Good luck with the Liberty Tree birthday celebration. I hope it works out! :happy:

I’m not sure. I can get into just about everywhere else, but we’re going to be at MK that day and just thought it would be handy. Plus my dh loves the pot roast there.