What are the pins for?

This is such a noobie question, but what are the pins for? are they just things to collect like baseball cards? and who do you trade them with? people at the parks, disney world staff? or do they have a use at the parks?

Lots of questions lol,

Christina
:confused:

Welcome to MB. Sorry I didn’t catch that you were new to the board earlier.

Allears.net has a great section on pins and pin trading. Also, if you want to see the pins currently available (in the hundreds) at WDW/DL go to the Disney store site. Another place to check is on Ebay. Ebay is a good place if you want to get bunces of pins previously purchased at a great price. Many sellers have them available in lots of 8-15 pins per sale grouping.

The first time we went to Disney, my ds’s bought a couple of pins just for fun. Well, we had no clue at the time that you trade them, so the first time a cm came up to my ds and started “negotiating” with him, I was cautious. But, as the week progressed, we put two and two together and figured this was common. The boys would love running up to a cm to see their options. So, yes, you can trade with cm’s or anyone as a matter of fact, who is willing to participate.

The pins are just something to collect. I like to buy pins from email to finish sets and things like that. When you go to the parks is when it is a lot more fun. Get yourself a lanyard and put the pins that you are willing to trade on to the lanyard. I like to put somewhere around 10 pins on my lanyard. You can trade with any person that has pins or sometime both downtown disney locations have a trading section with trade with other collectors. I do not personnally like trading with the downtown disney people because it just does not seem fair unless you have a lot of good pins that you have doubles of. So this is what you do. Most CM will have either a lanyard or a pin square on there belt. You go up to a cast member and if you like a pin tell them you would like to trade. Now remember when trading with CM you do not have to give them something of equal value since the pins that they care are pins the Disney provides for them. So take the pin you want and give them ANYTHING that you do not want. Also when in the parks you will see 2 different color lanyards that the CM wear, and these are Green and Blue. The green means that the CM will ONLY trade with children 12 and under, and the blue lanyard means that they will trade with anyone.

Well I hope this gives you enough information and if it doesn’t just send me a message I will be glad to help. Good Trading.

I wonder how they decide that they will only trade with kids or will trade with everyone? that seems odd…

Never knew about the blue and green, thanks for the info…

[QUOTE=hanwill;1056682]I wonder how they decide that they will only trade with kids or will trade with everyone? that seems odd…

Never knew about the blue and green, thanks for the info…[/QUOTE]

me neither. Good to know that.

" Also when in the parks you will see 2 different color lanyards that the CM wear, and these are Green and Blue. The green means that the CM will ONLY trade with children 12 and under, and the blue lanyard means that they will trade with anyone. "

Thanks for that tidbit of information. I never knew that about the different colored lanyards either!

Thank you for filling me in, it looks like everyone learned something new from this thread :mickey:

Christina

I never knew about the blue and green either, interesting!

I didn’t know the blue/green rule either…you really do learn something new EVERY day!!

Thanks for that information!!

I found that out on a pin trading website. There are alot out there so check it out. Even at the age of 28 I still enjoy collecting them.

I had no idea…Thanks for the info!! I love pin collecting - but I have never traded. Probably because I always find pins that I absolutely love and won’t part with :mickey:

I like to take pins from babies.

Along with their candy