What are the rules with booking with an AP?

Can you still book 3 rooms with one AP?

I just got thru to disney. You can book upto three rooms, but each room has to have a passholder in it.

This is so weird. I just called disney again and asked if my DS needed a pass NOW or just having one at time of checking in would work? She said he needed it now.

Hmm. I was just going to ask about this, because its been a while since we had annual passes. It used to be you could book without having the AP, but needed to have it upon check in.

I was planning on booking a room for him but he is not 100% sure he can go. So I only wanted to book something that could be canceled a few months done the road. And if he doesn’t go, he doesn’t need the AP. I know the voucher would be good forever, but he doesn’t have the money right now. If his wife’s temp job, turns full time, they will be going.

The thing is, if he needs the AP now, what’s the advantage of me booking 3 rooms?

Good question.

Got a good answer??? :laugh:

I spent hours on the phone with disney this morning.

First 4 calls and over an hour to purchase an AP and get the voucher number.

Then several calls checking for rooms and getting the AP info and then calling back again to hear the same thing. :frown:

That CM doesn’t know what they’re talking about.
You need the AP at check in, not when making the reservation.
I have never been asked for my AP number when making a reservation with an AP discount. In fact, I’ve never been asked to provide any Florida ID when making Florida Resident discount reservations either.
Every time it has been, present proper ID upon check in.
Basically, if you don’t have the valid ID at check in (be it AP or Fl driver’s license) you pay rack rate.

[QUOTE=jo-jo;978983]I was planning on booking a room for him but he is not 100% sure he can go. So I only wanted to book something that could be canceled a few months done the road. And if he doesn’t go, he doesn’t need the AP. I know the voucher would be good forever, but he doesn’t have the money right now. If his wife’s temp job, turns full time, they will be going.

The thing is, if he needs the AP now, what’s the advantage of me booking 3 rooms?[/QUOTE]

You’re making a room only reservation, so that requires a deposit equal to one day in the room. If you cancel his reservation, even if it’s 24 hours before arrival, kick the can down the road and change the reservation to a later date. The only downside is that you’ll need to pay any difference between the rate you reserved at and the rack rate for the new date, unless they’ve already released a discounted price for the new date.
I’m not sure, but I think you can cancel and get a full refund of the deposit if you cancel up until 72 hours before check in.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;979019]That CM doesn’t know what they’re talking about.
I have never been asked for my AP number when making a reservation with an AP discount. In fact, I’ve never been asked to provide any Florida ID when making Florida Resident discount reservations either.
Basically, if you don’t have the valid ID at check in (be it AP or Fl driver’s license) you pay rack rate.[/QUOTE]

That’s the way I thought it was. And even at check in, sometimes they would ask for my ap, sometimes they didn’t.

Same here, but I always give them my AP when they ask for the credit card and driver’s license anyway and half the time they’re giving me back the AP without looking at the reservation.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;979019]That CM doesn’t know what they’re talking about.
Basically, if you don’t have the valid ID at check in (be it AP or Fl driver’s license) you pay rack rate.[/QUOTE]

I have NEVER been asked for my AP at check in?!?!?! NEVER!!! :confused:

I never thought about it either? Altho I book through the passholder site, and you have to have an active pass to do that.

FYI: I booked my room and my parents USING my AP . . . and they didn’t have AP . . . they got them when we arrived. BUT AGAIN, nobody asked me for them when we were checking in.

I called again and ask, the guy told me “yeah, three rooms” and I said I wanted to check because I was told differently. He said let me check, puts me on hold…just a moment…on hold again…well, we figured it out. He checked with someone, who checked with someone. It’s only one room. So I asked “can I book a room for my son”? He said yes. As long as he had an AP by the time he checks in. So we got 7 nights at POP, standard room 425 dollars.

This morning I had asked TWO different CM and gotten that “have to have an active AP” answer. Maybe they were in the same training class. But I got what I wanted. I’m happy

[QUOTE=jo-jo;979042]I called again and ask, the guy told me “yeah, three rooms” and I said I wanted to check because I was told differently. He said let me check, puts me on hold…just a moment…on hold again…well, we figured it out. He checked with someone, who checked with someone. It’s only one room. So I asked “can I book a room for my son”? He said yes. As long as he had an AP by the time he checks in. So we got 7 nights at POP, standard room 425 dollars.

This morning I had asked TWO different CM and gotten that “have to have an active AP” answer. Maybe they were in the same training class. But I got what I wanted. I’m happy[/QUOTE]

I’m glad you got what you needed, that’s a good price.

I’ve booked several times with no AP with no problem. I’ve always had it at check in but sometimes I’m asked and sometimes I’m not.

Seems like a trend to get different answers from different CM’s.

I called to ask the “how many rooms?” question tonight and was told that it’s been 1 room per passholder for some time.
Me:“But I had a 2-room reservation in January with only one AP”
CM: “This January?”
Me: “Yes”
CM: Well, that policy has been in place for a long time. Maybe they grandfathered it or something because word didn’t get around properly.
Me::blink:

Makes me wonder what the real policy is at check in. Back in January, they never asked to see an AP.