What are your favorites at MVMCP?

We are visiting during Christmas season this year and we are going to do the MVMCP. What goes on during this event that you enjoy? Any ideas and suggestions are most welcome.

Here are some links to check out.

What I love the most is the Christmas Lights and the whole christmas spirit.

Christmas at Disney World and Holiday Highlights - wdwinfo.com

Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party - Magic Kingdom

thanks Donny D, disboards is new to me. i’ll check them out. it looks like an amazing time to go.

It is my favorite time to visit - MVMCP is not to be missed - if you don’t have young kids then take in the later parade it’s less crowded. Also remember the fireworks at the party are different then the fireworks on regular nights normally (They do show the same fireworks on regular nights when it gets closer to Christmas)

Don’t forget free cookies and hot chocolate also.

I also highly recommend the Candlelight Processional at Epcot, if that is of interest to you

Candlelight Processional at Epcot

Lastly you must visit the Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights at DHS

Osborne Lights - Reader Comments

Hope this helps - I’m trying the Halloween Party for the 1st time this year, so I know what it is like not to know what to expect.

I love the extra characters during MVMCP. also the dance party and any “skits”

Disney is absolutely awesome during Christmas. Make sure you make rounds to the hotels, especially Deluxes to see the decorations and trees. and the Gingerbread house at Grand Floridian. Snowing on Main Street and Osborne Lights. Awe, you make me want to go back this year.

Lots to see and do at MVMCP. We love ‘Twas the night Before Christmas’, hows on the stage, additional characters around the park, the special fireworks display among other things. You do get free hot chocolate and cookies, but not a big deal for us. The decorations and just strolling down Main St. is just very relaxing and gets you into the Holiday spirit.

We’ve gone the week before Christmas the last 5 years - since we go often, we just take the time to take in all the holiday stuff. There is so much to see and do at each park. MVMCP is fun because it’s snows on Main Street and the holiday parade is awesome. The characters are in their holiday costumes, and everywhere you go you are wished “A Merry Christmas”.

Check this out. You can play w the video’s to watch a bunch of promos for the MVMCP.

Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party | Walt Disney World Resort

Christmastime @ WDW is a marvelous time.
We go Hotel Hopping to see the decorations.
We’ve done the MVMCP a bunch of times and never tire of it. My favorites are the snow on Main St, the parade, the fireworks, shows, hot chocolate and cookies, last year was the first year we saw the castle lighting… wow!!! And don’t forget the sovies!!

GF has this HUGE gingerbread house.

Giant Gingerbread House Opens At Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort Disney Parks Blog

Candlelight processional @ Epcot
Epcot decorations, the presentations of Christmas at each country, food…
Osborne Lights @ DHS.
We always have a fun time.
Frank

The Holiday parade is the BEST!! When the gingerbread men pass by it smells like gingerbread…I love all the special touches Disney puts into their parades.