What Are Your Favourite 2 Credit Restaurants

We’ll be getting the DDP for our upcoming trip, but because we aren’t keen on eating a large table service meal every night, I’ve decided to go with only 2 credit restaurants, so we have a big meal only every other night.

We’ve eaten at LeCellier, Flying Fish, Artist Point, Brown Derby (is it 2?) and California Grill; so I’d like to try some new places. What are your favourite 2 Credit restaurants? (we’re not “character dining” people).

[QUOTE=llama;1081665]We’ll be getting the DDP for our upcoming trip, but because we aren’t keen on eating a large table service meal every night, I’ve decided to go with only 2 credit restaurants, so we have a big meal only every other night.

We’ve eaten at LeCellier, Flying Fish, Artist Point, Brown Derby (is it 2?) and California Grill; so I’d like to try some new places. What are your favourite 2 Credit restaurants? (we’re not “character dining” people).[/QUOTE]

Well you have been to our favorite which is Artist Point. We like (kids and all) Ohanas which is an absolute meat-fest. Just don’t eat lunch that day! :laugh:

narcosses at the grand Floridian, our hands down favorite…

Narcoosee’s is on my list. Are you able to order any entree on the menu - or is it limited for the Dining Plan - cause I’ve never in my life ordered a whole lobster and I think it would be fun to do that. What do you recommend?

we always order the surf and turf… I would love to do the lobster but am not sure what to do with it… lol. we have never been limited when we go… dh and i pay for and share a crab cake appy they are so good . we ask they hold the sauce on them… then we have the surf and turf … … this is our anniversary restaurant every year. … never had a bad meal. and the services is great. we will be there this year on september 13 for our 30th. last year our dd came with us she is 28 … she ordered the scallops and did not care them them not sure why… she felt the place was too "grownup for her " she is more pizza and beer type… i cant wait… :laugh:

Well, this is good - Narcoosee’s it is for one choice!

Is Ohana two credits? It will only be myself and dh dining - I think 'Ohana is more of a “group” restaurant. We were there last trip and although it was good - I’m not much of a meat eater, nor do I do justice to the amounts served. I think I ate only one or two pieces from those skewers, so I think we’ll give it a pass this time. I’m always happy to go back to Artist’s Point.

dh and i go i just tell them to back down the amount they bring.

Well…Ohana isn’t really one of my favourites…I do love Artist’s Point though; may go back there for the salmon. When it’s just the two of us we like a “less lively” place.:happy:

Narcooses!!! it is phenomenal!

We love Yachtsman Steakhouse…yummy!

What about Jiko? I have never been there, but I have only heard great things.

Definetly Narcoossee’s! We book it every trip and even our DD’s (6 and 2) like it, because we try to book a time that the water parade goes by and fireworks at MK will be going off.

I second Jiko. We have never been there either, but have a friend that swears its the best food ever.

I am intrigued by Jiko…definitely worth looking into.

I’ve heard so many different reviews of the Yachtsman - and I know if we go for steak, dh will want to go to LeCellier, so I don’t think we’ll be doing Yachtsman - although I would like to see the Yacht Club - all these years and I’ve never been in it.

For convenience we like the EPCOT/Boardwalk ones.

LeCellier - is really convenient and great
Flying Fish - AWESOME and my kids loved it
Yachtsman - Country Club feel to it and makes me feel richer than I am

The entire menu is available to all diners whether they’re on the dining plan or not, and that is at all restaurants. That “whole” Maine lobster isn’t big and the only parts that are really edible are the claws and tail. The lobster itself will not be more than 1.5 pounds.
And if it were a whole Florida lobster, you don’t even have claws, just the tail.
When I used to buy Florida (or spiny) lobsters, I would sometimes have the whole bug weighed and then have the counter person separate the tail from the rest of the body and take the tail home because it was sometimes cheaper and fresher to go that route.

My favorites are Narcoossee’s, California Grill, and Flying Fish.
Next would be Artist Point and Yachtsman’s.
Third tier you find Jiko and Brown Derby.

I have no opinion on Citrico’s because I’ve yet to dine there and I personally would prefer to never use my two credits for the luau, CRT, and Hoop Dee Doo; CRT includes the unwanted photo package, and I prefer other entertainment over HDDR or the luau.
At two credits for dinner, I will avoid le Cellier and pay OOP at Schula’s.

By the way, 'Ohana is one credit, not two.

Actually I just had a whole lobster at our Golf Club’s Lobster Fest - I do not know where my head is these days - I have one every year; some times two. And I lobstered my way across the Maritimes on my honeymoon…how could I forget that?:wacko: Looking at the menu I’d probably go with the surf & turf.

I think it’ll definitely Narcoosee’s for one meal. Citrico’s menu doesn’t really appeal to me.

We did enjoy Flying Fish…I think it’s going in the plans…

Llama, I’ve been in Quebec and Ontario during May a few times, and this was the tail end of the annual “Lobsterfest”. We’re talking 1983 and 1984, but still, plenty of 1 and a half pound whole lobsters were served for cheap.
Not that I questioned whether or not you’d had any.
Just remember the difference between “Maine” lobsters which are mainly found in the western North Atlantic and the spiny or Florida lobsters that are found in most of the world’s warm ocean waters.

Now, if you have the choice, get your lobster broiled, not steamed or boiled.

“How do you steam a lobster?”
“Stick him with the check!”

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1081802]
“How do you steam a lobster?”
“Stick him with the check!”[/QUOTE]

Now that is funny!