What camera do you use at disney?

Everytime there is a TR, someone always says “you take great pictures, what camera do you use?” So I thought we could start a list. And the fact that I need a new camera has nothing to do with wanting this information. :redface:
Please only list cameras that you love and if they are a “point and shoot” or one of those fancy super duper deals that you need three hands to use. Guess which one I’d probably get??:laugh:

For me it’s always been the Canon Powershot. We upgrade the model every so often. It takes great pics plus for my outside video it does just as good. I only take 1 minute videos so it really never drains the power to bad.

Only Nikon for me! :smile: My great Uncle was a photographer and I grew up with Nikon, still love them.

Point & Shoot I use the Nikon S700.

DSLR “fancy super duper deals that you need three hands to use:” Nikon D60

No Wishy … POWERSHOT !!! :laugh:

I LOVE my Canon PowerShot sx10. :wub:

I use a Sony Cybershot DSC-W80. There are some buttons you can play with but I leave it on “auto” and just point & shoot. It takes GREAT pictures.

I do wish it had some kind of action setting - it gets a little fuzzy with movement in low lighting. But I’m sure at least part of that is operator error… :laugh:

We use our Canon Rebel XT with a 28-300mm lense. versitil for any shot. with 10gigs of memory cards to make sure we dont run out of memory.

Can I add to the request? I am too looking for a new camera, and the main reason is that when I point and shoot, there is always what seems to be a long delay to the snap of the picture, which drives me nuts. Can everyone also elaborate on how quick the shot is from when you push the button. Thanks!

sometimes the delay is in your processing card. From what I understand, the quality of all cards are the same, but the better the card - ultra III, ultra IV, etc, the faster processing.

lets hear from the experts on this though

My DH bought me a Sony Cybershot DSC-290 for this past Mother’s Day and we love it. The best part it has a Fireworks setting :cool:! Can I say that’s what swayed me to buy it—thought of MK and was sold.
Sad too say we haven’t used at Disney yet but we’ve used it a lot!!
It was a little pricey and it does has several buttons that I’m really not too sure what they do yet but it does have an “easy” button (what I keep it on) and it really takes nice picutures on that setting–point and shoot.
It has a really short delay,except in really dark places ( a second or two) but like I said it probably has a setting for it but, I keep it on just the easy mode. Till I have time to look over the manual.
Good luck, camera shopping can be very hit or miss!!

[QUOTE=sue299;999819]sometimes the delay is in your processing card. From what I understand, the quality of all cards are the same, but the better the card - ultra III, ultra IV, etc, the faster processing.

lets hear from the experts on this though[/QUOTE]

This is true. And the kind/quality of the batteries also makes a difference.

I use an ‘ancient’ Kodak digicam. It’s around 7 years old and heavy as a brick, but it rarely lets me down… Still, I’m looking into a new one. One that will take up less space when packing.

My mom used an Olympus 35mm, but a cleaning lady in the MK STOLE IT. :pirate:

We love our canon rebel. you can change lenses and the ski is the limit. I know it is not compact as some but definately worth it. one of my bf’s uses a canon 20D but he has a photo biz in his retirement and he has said that the rebel for the price is well worth it for the amatuer photographer to use. I use a 4gig ultra 2 card. can always find them the day after Thanksgiving on sail for under 20 bucks. with OE batteries.

Are you challenging me to a “photo-off?” :laugh: We’ll let the best photos speak for themselves. :laugh:

[QUOTE=Screever;999832]
My mom used an Olympus 35mm, but a cleaning lady in the MK STOLE IT. :pirate:[/QUOTE]

Just curious, how do you know the cleaning lady did it?

Cannon baby! I love my Powershot S2. Its the older version of the Powershot SX.

Okay, I didn’t know about this. I use Digital Rechargable AA, is there a better battery?

Good story, it should probably go in my unfinished, year-old TR… :glare: :blush:

My mom and I used the restroom right next to City Hall, and wanted a photo-op by the center gardens with all the christmas decor. She realized her camera was missing, I ran and checked the abandoned theatre where we just took a quiet little break. No sign of it. Returned to ma, who was pretty sure she hung it on the little coat hanger on the back of her stall. She went back (this was all within or under 5 minutes, ps. I move fast when this crap happens.) We checked the bathroom, it wasn’t there, so tried asking the cleaning lady, who ignored us flat out. We each went in and asked her at least 3 times each, and by the third time I was a wreck, because not even my firm voice or easy to see gestures got this woman’s attention, and such blatant rudeness makes me cry. Which it did. Mom goes in one last time, mostly just to settle me down, and again, got no response. We filed a complaint right at City Hall next door, but was told they aren’t in charge of the cleaning people (??) and recieved no call from lost and found. What other conclusion was there?

The end of Mr. Olympus. :frown:

I have a Sony Cybershot for fancier stuff and for point and shoot I use my Canon Elph. I love them both - Canon is small and compact. I didn’t even pack the Sony on my last trip.

The last time that I went i took a Nikon coolpix 5700, long shutter lag, so I asked the disney Photo people what thy used and thy were using Nikon d80 no shutter lag and fast start up time so I finaly got a Nikon d300 and love it