What can you recommend for Kona?

My DD and I switched our LeCellier ADR for Kona last night. I know, Some of you may think Im crazy for doing so but after looking at the menu every single day I just didnt think it was for us. I called last night to try and get Ohanas for a second time on the trip and couldnt so I guess Ohanas once this trip wont kill me:glare:

So…My question is… What do you recommed from Kona?

I was looking at the asian noodles and they look great.
Also Can my DD order the Kona cone off the kids menu? What if I was to pay the difference?

TIA…

I don’t think you’re crazy! I actually like Kona better than Le Cellier! I really enjoyed the steak there…it had pineapples on it…but I can’t remember the cut of steak though. The deserts alone there are worth it. The chocolate fondue is AH-mazing.

We have been there twice: once for breakfast and once for dinner… I had the coconut almond chicken which was amazing and DH had beef teriyaki ( its a sirlion steak with pineapple teriyaki glaze) and he said that he loved it. I agree with cinderbella that their desserts are worth it: Banana-chocolate Creme Brulee & White chocolate cheesecake… Yummy…

I don’t think you’re crazy, Le Cellier is good but it’s not the only place to get a good dinner at WDW. Enjoy you dinner, you really can’t go wrong with any choice.

Kona is one of our favorites and is a must do every trip for is. Actually, we replaced Ohana with Kona as our favorite Poly restaurant.

With that being said, there are many great dishes you can get there. We always order the sushi and its one of our favorites, especially the Volcano roll. Some of our other favorites are:

Yummy Bread & Macadamia Nut butter is a real treat with every meal

Everyone loves the Sticky Wings!!

Teryaki Steak is always what our boys and DH swear by. It is pretty darn good. My middle son like this better than Le Cellier.

My personal favorite…Tuna Oscar!!!:wub:

Kona Kone is a big hit for kids too.

WOW!! Thanks all!!! Im starving now :laugh: We have never been so we are excited to try something new. Thanks again!!

We went to Kona this past February for the first time for my birthday and it has quickily turned into one of my new favorite restaurants. I actually had the asian noodles with the chicken and it was so good. The banana chocolate creme brulee was also much better than the creme brulee at le cellier (although they both are good). I don’t think you will be disappointed at all.

I forgot about the bread…yummm that was excellent too! Kona is one of my favorites…since I know you love Ohana so much I know you’ll love Kona.

Im so excited to try something new. When I knew I wanted to cancel Le Cellier I called to book Ohanas for a 2nd time on the trip but couldnt get anything so the CM asked if I wanted Kona.

I could eat at Ohana every single day if Madison would go for it:laugh:

The beef teriyaki is uhhhhhh-mayyyyyziiiiing! :wub: :wub: Best dish I’ve ever had, anywhere. Period. (DH’s filet was awesome too!)

Everything at Kona is pretty much to die for, IMO. So I don’t think you can go wrong!! :happy:

[QUOTE=dznygrl;990637]The beef teriyaki is uhhhhhh-mayyyyyziiiiing! :wub: :wub: Best dish I’ve ever had, anywhere. Period. (DH’s filet was awesome too!)

Everything at Kona is pretty much to die for, IMO. So I don’t think you can go wrong!! :happy:[/QUOTE]

Sounds great. I think I may go for the asian noodles with shrimp. I love love love snow peas.

[QUOTE=dznygrl;990637]The beef teriyaki is uhhhhhh-mayyyyyziiiiing! :wub: :wub: Best dish I’ve ever had, anywhere. Period. (DH’s filet was awesome too!)

Everything at Kona is pretty much to die for, IMO. So I don’t think you can go wrong!! :happy:[/QUOTE]

I second this . . .DD9 was sucking it off my plate too! :glare:

Would this be it? Teriyaki-style New York Strip - sirloin strip grilled with pineapple teriyaki glaze served with mashed Yukon gold potatoes and stir-fried broccolini

YEP!! That’s it . . .and now I. WANT. IT! :happy:

Perhaps when Im there I will see if they can give me the recipe like Ohana did with the salad dressing.

I hate having the best ever stuff in WDW and then come home to the mess I have to cook:laugh:

Are you on the DDP? The Kona Cones are deelish too!! The kids get sundaes, but you can substitue m&ms for cotton candy! They did it for DD5, she has a peanut allergy, I’m sure they do it for any kid though! :happy:

Let me see if I can find my June TR . . . I think I took a picture of the steak and Kona cone . . . it was so, so good! :wub:

FOUND IT! http://www.mousebuzz.com/forum/trip-reports/51113-mickeysgirlz-very-mini-tr-5.html#post973097

[QUOTE=mickeysgirlz;990651]Are you on the DDP? The Kona Cones are deelish too!! The kids get sundaes, but you can substitue m&ms for cotton candy! They did it for DD5, she has a peanut allergy, I’m sure they do it for any kid though! :happy:

Let me see if I can find my June TR . . . I think I took a picture of the steak and Kona cone . . . it was so, so good! :wub:

FOUND IT! http://www.mousebuzz.com/forum/trip-reports/51113-mickeysgirlz-very-mini-tr-5.html#post973097[/QUOTE]

Yup! We have the ever so needed DDP. I will never go to WDW without it.

Thank for that link. I have been reading old TR all day.

What can you expect at the Kona Cafe you ask? Well a wonderful meal!
We make it a point to always eat there when we go to WDW, usually dinner, but they are equally good for breakfast and lunch.

Yup, that’s it! Please excuse me while I wipe the drool off my chin…

I have had the Asian noodles too, and they were delish! I cannot think of one thing I’ve eaten there that ever disappointed!

omg this bread… I could have eaten the whole loaf by myself!! :wub:

I had the shrimp & scallop something-or-other… it was DELICIOUS. Kona has a laid-back, comfy feel and absolutely amazing food. Enjoy!! :happy: