What can you tell me about the campfire at Fort Wilderness?

Have you been, was it fun? Details please . . . :happy:

every much fun. they light the campfire around 7:30 where everyone roasts marshmellows then they have a singer come out and sing childern songs with the kids they get to get on stage with her at the end, at last chip and dale come over and spends time with each familyand then the movie starts,it ends some where around midnight.

What can I tell you about the campfire at Fort Wilderness?

Keep your hands out of the fire and keep your children a safe distance back.

Thanks for the insight! :glare:

:laugh: :laugh:

Wow, that does sound fun . . . and it’s FREE and EVERY night or only certain nights?

That sounds really nice is it just for FW guests???

From what I’ve read NO it’s for ALL DISNEY guests . . . I pulled this from another site . . . seems not a lot of mousebuzzers have attended . . . I wanted REAL feedback! :happy:

There is a free Campfire Sing-Along with Chip & Dale at the WDW Fort Wilderness Campground. It generally begins around 7 p.m. during the fall/winter season and 8 p.m. after the time changes in April through the summer. It is held near the Meadow Trading Post in the campfire area. The program begins with a sing-along led by a Disney cast member - if you’ve seen “Barney”, you know these songs - and a marshmallow roast around two campfire rings. You may bring your own marshmallows or buy them at the Chuckwagon Snack Bar (roasting sticks and marshmallows are $2, s’mores kit is around $5). You may also buy pizza, hot dogs, candy, nachos, juice, popcorn, sodas, coffee, beer and other refreshments at the Chuckwagon. While this is going on, Chip and Dale make an appearance to visit with guests and sign autographs. The sing-along lasts about 40 minutes.

Next, a Disney movie is shown on a large outdoor screen. Seating is available in bleachers or on benches. There is also plenty of room to lay out a quilt or blanket. The movie schedule is posted at all comfort stations. In the event of rain, the sing-along is still held on the porch of the Meadow Trading Post.

The campground also has a free petting zoo and pony rides (about $3 each) that close earlier in the afternoon. These are in the “Settlement Trading Post” area - take the Ft. Wilderness internal bus. The “Trail’s End Buffeteria” is considered one of WDW’s best buffet values. The Trail’s End also has a carry-out window called “Trails-To-Go” 16-inch pizzas and fried chicken meals – both individually sized and family sized. If you have a free day (or your arrival day), you can go early and see the petting zoo, have a nice dinner, and then head over to the Sing-Along.

We recommend this to every one going to Disneyworld with young kids because we enjoyed it so much on our last vacation. It is one of Disney’s least expensive Character Meet and Greet experiences and a great low-key activity when you find yourself a little over-stimulated from the parks. If you are using our services and want to do this, we will be happy to integrate this into your Disney World Vacation Itinerary and Park Plan (IPP).

You can also rent boats or kayaks from the Fort Wilderness Marina.

The Electric Water Pageant can be seen from the Ft Wilderness Marina.

FAQ:

Do you have to stay at the Campground to go to the Sing-Along?

* No, it is available to all Disney Guests. 

How do I get to the Campground?

* You can take a bus from your resort to the nearest Disney theme park, water park, or Downtown Disney.  Then catch the bus there to the Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground.  You can also take a boat from the Disney's Magic Kingdom theme park.  They have their own internal bus system that will take you to the "Meadow Trading Post" Area or the “Settlement Trading Post” area.  

Is there a charge or admission fee?

* The Sing-Along and Movie are free – you can purchase S'mores kits or other refreshments.
* Wagon Rides are available at Pioneer Hall nightly at 7:00PM and 9:30 PM - $8 Adults, $5 children.
* Pony Rides are available from 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM for children ages 2 – 8, weighing less than 80 pounds

What if I’m driving?

* Take I-4 to Exit 64B.  Take the right guest lane to the Magic Kingdom and tell the gate guard that you have dining reservations at Fort Wilderness. Follow the signs to the campground.

What if it rains?

* There is a covered porch area that they might move the Sing-Along to if a full evening of rain is expected - the movie will be cancelled.  For brief rain showers, they may pause and let you take cover until it passes.

Are there restrooms?

* Yes, there are nice restrooms behind the snack bar area.

What movies are being shown?

* See this month's Ft. Wilderness Campground and Resort Outdoor Movie Schedule.

We have been there many times!! We always enjoy it- the sing along is fun and we have eaten enough marshmallows there to be sick :eek: :laugh: We also ususally stay for the movie. The benches/seats are a little hard to sit on for an entire movie, but it kind of reminds me of a drive-in with people walking around, getting snacks, etc. It’s open to everyone, as it is outside and there isn’t anyone looking at resort cards.

We went this November and the kids loved it, danced and sang. Also, my son got pulled up for a birthday serenade. The price for the smores kits are reasonable and the hot cocoa just ok. But seeing Chip & Dale there made all the difference.

Thanks guys for all the insight! Sounds like a lot of fun!! :wub: