What crazy trip plans have you heard?

I was just reading my friends question on Facebook, and people were telling her to go at spring break-for the first time… it was a “great trip”… I politely said that Easter and Christmas were the busiest times of the year… and that it should be avoided at all costs, explaining park closures, 4 hour waits, etc. People after me said, go at spring break… it is fun.

I have recommended fall or early June- I have been during this time, and it not too bad…) I am not giving any more reasons not to go. If they want to sit and wait in a 4 hour line for Soarin- go ahead… It means less people for me when I go…
I am so frustrated that people are not listening to me. Do they not know that I am the expert.

I hadn’t had too many people talk to me about plans, but I do remember yrs ago, a friend who went at Easter, said “it wasn’t too bad, only had to wait 2 hrs to get on X”. There is no way I would wait several hours to get on a 5 min ride. It bad enough with Soars when you have a fast pass. Then you walk a mile quickly but then it seems like you wait at least 20 mins even once you get pass the CM who take the FP.

I know… these people-

I just kept saying that there was an easier way, and they wouldn’t hear anything of it… Have fun waiting in line 4 hours for one ride, people- I won’t be in it…

Let them have their “fun”. :laugh: Not my choice, but a lot of people do make it work!

Me, I’m planning my next trip for early November. Several years off… but early November. We’ll catch the last weekend of F&W, and after that, I’m hoping for low(ish) crowds.

See, you are a smart person… I cannot imagine people not listening to me- I am not sure what is wrong with them! Ha ha!

Always tell people that there are definetly busier times than others but if you INSIST on going during a peak time go prepared! We’ve been during Spring Break and didn’t think it was too bad either (we were expecting horrible) but we are very prepared and are early birds. If you’ve never experienced the slower times then you don’t know there is a better time. Most people I know believe me over everyone because they know we go so much.

I think they carried the “airport departure gate” theme a little too far if only so they would have a large enough queue.
Here’s something: How about you shorten the queue so that you can’t have a two hour wait for the ride because they can’t queue that many people. And then to absorb the excess people who would have been waiting for the one ride in the park, add about 5 new rides.

We went for three New Year’s Eves in a row.
We were ready for the crowds and didn’t have high expectations of doing too many rides. But of course, I was there for special fireworks shows, and they require a different strategy than doing as many rides as you can. You know you’re going to be staking out a spot and holding that ground for hours.
What about during the days? Well, the hotels do all have their Christmas decorations up, as do the parks, so it’s a lot of stopping and smelling the roses. It also helps to be AP holders and know this is not your only visit this year, so you don’t have to try and do everything because you don’t know when or if you’ll ever be back.

I think going for spring break is very managable ONLY if it’s not your first trip and that you are ready to be flexible with your plans. Also you need to use the fast pass system very wisely. I will never wait more that 20 minutes (on purpose :blink:) for an attraction. We always deside to go back at a later time or just catch it on the next trip :wub:. Because of DD’s school schedule we often go during peak times and have always enjoyed ourselves.

But I do agree if I was to give a “first-timer” advise - I would tell them to avoid peak times - until they go a few times & “know what they’re doing!”:blush:

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1098827]We went for three New Year’s Eves in a row.
We were ready for the crowds and didn’t have high expectations of doing too many rides. But of course, I was there for special fireworks shows, and they require a different strategy than doing as many rides as you can. You know you’re going to be staking out a spot and holding that ground for hours.
What about during the days? Well, the hotels do all have their Christmas decorations up, as do the parks, so it’s a lot of stopping and smelling the roses. It also helps to be AP holders and know this is not your only visit this year, so you don’t have to try and do everything because you don’t know when or if you’ll ever be back.[/QUOTE]

We are going in late March and am expecting crowds but we are going mostly for the Flower & Garden Festival, not so much riding this and that.

[QUOTE=hanwill;1098800]I was just reading my friends question on Facebook, and people were telling her to go at spring break-for the first time… it was a “great trip”… I politely said that Easter and Christmas were the busiest times of the year… and that it should be avoided at all costs, explaining park closures, 4 hour waits, etc. People after me said, go at spring break… it is fun.

I have recommended fall or early June- I have been during this time, and it not too bad…) I am not giving any more reasons not to go. If they want to sit and wait in a 4 hour line for Soarin- go ahead… It means less people for me when I go…
I am so frustrated that people are not listening to me. Do they not know that I am the expert.[/QUOTE]

Those are the same people who will return from their trip and tell everyone how miserable Disney is and they don’t see why people continue to go back time and time again. . come on, we all know those people! :laugh:

I always let people know that their first trip will be overwhelming. It is best to make your first trip during a low period.

One of my old friends from years back just took her two young boys to MK. It was their first time (mom, dad, boys). She said the first day it was just sensory overload for all of them. Luckily for her she did listen to me years ago and did some planing on what they wanted to ride and where they wanted to eat (she use to make fun of me for being a Disney freak…well guess who is one now).

I don’t push people. I just give them advice if they ask and only as much as they want. Just give them your advice and reason and let it go.

How about my friend that said we should go for Christmas. He said that he saw the parade on TV and it didn’t look like there were many people there at all.

I told him the check the weather in Orlando. It was terrible T Storms. Funny though the parade was bright an sunny. Then I told him they tape the parade in EARLY December, which is WHY WE GO WHEN WE GO! :laugh:

Too funny, my SIL is one of these folks. She now HATES WDW and cannot understand why her daughter came back from a trip with us raving about how cool it was.

Lord I love tweaking that woman, lol.

-H

Talk about stopping and smelling the roses:laugh:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

[QUOTE=hanwill;1098800]I was just reading my friends question on Facebook, and people were telling her to go at spring break-for the first time… it was a “great trip”… I politely said that Easter and Christmas were the busiest times of the year… and that it should be avoided at all costs, explaining park closures, 4 hour waits, etc. People after me said, go at spring break… it is fun.

I am so frustrated that people are not listening to me. Do they not know that I am the expert.[/QUOTE]

Let them go, that leaves the good times good for all of us who know what we’re talking about :wink:

[QUOTE=Andrea;1098809]Let them have their “fun”. :laugh: Not my choice, but a lot of people do make it work!

Me, I’m planning my next trip for early November. Several years off… but early November. We’ll catch the last weekend of F&W, and after that, I’m hoping for low(ish) crowds.[/QUOTE]

In my unwanted opinion, the best time to go by far. The weather is always good and the parks are not busy

We hit the parks for spring break a few days before we cruise. And Indiana is a big Florida spring break group. We always run in to Michiganders and Georgians at that time as well.

I’ll be the party pooper and say that I would tell them to go and enjoy themselves. With planning and fastpasses we have had great times. I have never been during a really non-busy time myself due to a kid in school.

Plus it is nothing for people around here to head to Kings Island and wait forever to get on rides. Hanwill, breath deep, let it go. :happy:

Oh, I am not worried… at all… I just laugh at their ignorance. I am trying to help, and these other people on FB do not realize that they are dealing with a disney expert on their hands… They don’t know how long I have been a member here either… this place makes you an expert on WDW. Luckily, I know the girl, and I can tell her what the real story is…