What do I do if

I did not get any ME luggage tags or vouchers with my packet? I leave a week from Thursday and I got my packet yesterday, and there are NO ME documents at all!!!:pinch: It seems things cannot just go smoothly for me!! Any suggestions?

I seem to remember we had one trip that the tags came very late (I believe from a TA, not sure) but anyway they were soooo wrong. I simply went to the ME checkin place and she took my info and luggage tags (from the airlines) and worked from there. She also told me to “only go thru disney”.

But I’d call disney to get their advise.

you could just get your own bags from baggage claim, no?

I would call and let them know the situation. On several occasions I have booked a vacation within a couple of weeks to arrival and they have overnighted my packet. :happy:

My friend is there now, and never got her ME tags before she left. All she had to do was go to the ME desk at the airport and tell them she didn’t get her tags. She gave them her airline bag receipts, and they were able to get the bags that way.

Just collect your luggage youself when you get to the airport and take it on the bus with you. Call and verbally confirm your ME reservation and just show them your license when you get the check in counter…no big.

I seem to be reading a lot of posts on different sites about this same subject. If I don’t have our ME info 5 weeks before our trip, I’m going to call each week until I get them. It has to be a pain in the neck to have to go get your bags and drag them to the bus especially if you are travelling with little kids.

This is the best piece of advice on MB today!!!

Be warned that your bags DO NOT travel on the bus with you unless you get them from baggage claim yourself and take them to the bus yourself. Otherwise, they get to the resort whenever they get to the resort, and they are delivered to your room, which sounds like a nice touch, except that we arrived at 11 a.m. at the airport, and our bags got to the room a 9 o’clock that night.

The ME documents definitely say very clearly that there might be a delay of a few hours before your bags arrive at your room and they suggest you pack things you need for a few hours in your carry-on.

But since when is 10 hours an acceptable window??? And is it really more trouble to take your bag to the bus than it is to figure out a way to survive 10 hours without bags? Even if you pack a bathing suit and a change of clothes for each person in your party, it is VERY uncomfortable.

In our case, we went from a balmy morning to a very very chilly night, and we had to slap smiles on our faces while we had chattering teeth and goosebumps because we refused to buy sweatshirts when we expected ours to arrive any minute.

And anyway, in the olden days (just a scant few years ago before ME), everyone did just fine fetching their own suitcases. Just sayin’…

[QUOTE=MissDisney;961255]This is the best piece of advice on MB today!!!

Be warned that your bags DO NOT travel on the bus with you unless you get them from baggage claim yourself and take them to the bus yourself. Otherwise, they get to the resort whenever they get to the resort, and they are delivered to your room, which sounds like a nice touch, except that we arrived at 11 a.m. at the airport, and our bags got to the room a 9 o’clock that night.

The ME documents definitely say very clearly that there might be a delay of a few hours before your bags arrive at your room and they suggest you pack things you need the first day in your carry-on.

But since when is 10 hours an acceptable window??? And is it really more trouble to take your bag to the bus than it is to figure out a way to survive 10 hours without bags? Even if you pack a bathing suit and a change of clothes for each person in your party, it is VERY uncomfortable.

In our case, we went from a balmy morning to a very very chilly night, and we had to slap smiles on our faces while we had chattering teeth and goosebumps because we refused to buy sweatshirts when we expected ours to arrive any minute.

And anyway, in the olden days (just a csant few years ago before ME), everyone did just fine fetching their own suitcases. Just sayin’…[/QUOTE]

The more I think about it the more I think I want to grab our luggage. We will have ALOT as we are also going on the cruise for 7 days. Do you think that will be a problem? Can they put in under the bus for transport?

Yes they put it under the bus. However, they only sent a certain number of tags – sorry I can’t remember how many – so I have no idea what they do if you have more than that number.

I would never do ME again without getting my bags myself. It was a fantastic convenient service except for the bag thing.

[QUOTE=MissDisney;961322]Yes they put it under the bus. However, they only sent a certain number of tags – sorry I can’t remember how many – so I have no idea what they do if you have more than that number.

I would never do ME again without getting my bags myself. It was a fantastic convenient service except for the bag thing.[/QUOTE]

I know, last time they misplaced my son’s bag for hours! We found it but I was very nervous. AND this time we do not get in until 4pm, so I wonder what time they would be bringing us our bags!!:eek: I really like to know where my stuff is!!!:blush: