What do you do with coats?

we arrive on feburay 1 from pa… we have never flown before … one more question… we will have our coats from here when we arrive our room probably be ready as we have a 6:30 am flight … we plan to check in and head to the park… what do we do with out coats? i hate to have to carry it and rent a locker at the parks. but what else?

Drop everything at the front desk. THey will hold everything for you until your room is ready. Even the jackets.

Enjoy your first flight!:happy: You’ll find that WDW is very accomodating when it comes to luggage, etc.

thanks DH is coming up with new things to worry about the closer it gets.

Yeah! That means all the big details are already decided… Have fun. Let us know how it goes!

Yup, the front desk will help you out. How exciting for you. First flight ever or first flight to WDW?
It is always cold when we fly down but don’t wear outerwear. From the parking lot to the airport is just a few steps, so, I’ll freeze for a couple of minutes in order not to have to bother with that sort of stuff

Yes, leave your luggage including your coat at the front desk.

we are wearing fleecy type jackets as we were told it can be chilly at night . we have only flown once before to Arizona on vacation it was a nightmare… sooo we always drive to wdw… but this year we wanted to get there and start the vacation instead of dodging traffic for a day and a half. one way. thanks for the help.can you tell we are so nervous.? lol

I think you will be fine. Just think- no traffic for a day and a half… and you get to see the Disney signs so much sooner… Just think about the positives- it will be fun!

Leave it with your checked luggage. Disney will just count that as another “piece” and tag it along with your other luggage and things. I have gone to WDW several times in the winter and have done just that. Works fine.

every time i start getting freaked out… I think of main street magic kingdom… i will be better once it is finally here. I always spaz in the planning…
dh doesnt get excited until we are on the way.

Will your jackets fit into your carryons? We have gone with a fleece jacket and a sweatshirt over a short sleeve shirt, so once we get to disney, we can keep as many layers as needed and stuff everything into our carryon. And then give everything to Bell services.

I wasn’t sure i was doing a carry on… my meds and such i am going to put in my purse… note sure what id take in a carryon… if i take one then it would fit.my carryon is the disney duffle they were offering a few years back… what do you all take in your carryon… I am checking two bags. one that will be empty to bring back stuff. any other suggestions are so appreciated… .

I would put the jacket into the empty carryon just before checking them in at the airport. If it’s cool when you get to disney it’ll be easy just to take it out if need be. Have a great trip!

thank so much… I was thinking about take an extra outfit all that stuff in a carryon… but I dont want to fuss with it… thanks for all of the help DH will have his cpap that is enough to worry about… …

[QUOTE=faerie dust;1099953]every time i start getting freaked out… I think of main street magic kingdom… i will be better once it is finally here. I always spaz in the planning…
dh doesnt get excited until we are on the way.[/QUOTE]

That’s the spirit. Flying is so much better than wasting time on any freeway. Zippe-di-doo-da and you’ll be there :happy:

Make sure you wear shoes that don’t need to be tied and untied. The darn shoes always take the most time :pinch:

Also think about a medium weight wind breaker to cut the wind if it wips up. With the fleece you should be comfortable.

Also, you could get low 40’s in the AM, 70+ degrees during the day, and 40 degree nights. Layers will be the trick. We always get a locker to drop stuff off during the day and grab it at night so we don’t hae to carry it around all day. 2 years ago during mid march we spent the first 3 days freezing in the parks and the last 4 in swim suits by the pool. You never know.

[QUOTE=Pam&Rich;1099971]Also think about a medium weight wind breaker to cut the wind if it wips up. With the fleece you should be comfortable.

Also, you could get low 40’s in the AM, 70+ degrees during the day, and 40 degree nights. Layers will be the trick. We always get a locker to drop stuff off during the day and grab it at night so we don’t hae to carry it around all day. 2 years ago during mid march we spent the first 3 days freezing in the parks and the last 4 in swim suits by the pool. You never know.[/QUOTE]

we are taking lightweight columbia water prof