What do YOU do!?

What suggestions do you have for things to do and prepare for when your next trip to the mouse is less than TWO weeks away??

Well I guess my prep is probably a little different from most as we are coming from overseas. But I like to print luggage labels, flight boarding passes-US Visa waivers forms- and if we’re on Dining Plan I like to print out all the snack options for each park and resort. I have post it notes and lists everywhere, and I also start preparing the house to be left for a while.
OOh and I also start preparing myself with things girls do before a vacation, i.e waxing hair colour, hair cut etc
Probably sounds very boring, but I like the preparation for holiday almost as much as the holiday- the excitement has already begun.
I am so jealous just two weeks for you- how wonderful- dont forget a TR for us who can’t do Disney this year :frowning:

Just like dixie I like to make sure I have all printouts (plane tickets, reservations, dining) and documents together so there are no last minute surprises. I also find it handy to make sure I have lists of snacks, ride closures, special events (I rather know things in advance then be surprised when I get there).
Also … I like to hit stores to see what Disney merchandise I can find at a much better price than I know the parks are going to have. We like to get TShirts, hoodies and glow toys for the nights before we arrive.
Enjoy your trip!

[QUOTE=KeroKero;1082772]Just like dixie I like to make sure I have all printouts (plane tickets, reservations, dining) and documents together so there are no last minute surprises. I also find it handy to make sure I have lists of snacks, ride closures, special events (I rather know things in advance then be surprised when I get there).
Also … I like to hit stores to see what Disney merchandise I can find at a much better price than I know the parks are going to have. We like to get TShirts, hoodies and glow toys for the nights before we arrive.
Enjoy your trip![/QUOTE]

That’s such a great idea to get the Disney merchandise outside of the parks, where you’re right, its way cheaper! I shall borrow that tip for future trips:happy:
And welcome to MB Melissa, its good to have you here:heart:

[QUOTE=dixie;1082779]That’s such a great idea to get the Disney merchandise outside of the parks, where you’re right, its way cheaper! I shall borrow that tip for future trips:happy:
And welcome to MB Melissa, its good to have you here:heart:[/QUOTE]

Glad to be of help! And many thank for your warm welcome! :blush:

thanks for the tips! We are staying at pop century any tips for the resort?

It’s a great resort! You’re going to have a great time. Tips … hmmmm …

-The preferred rooms in the 60’s building are a bit on the noisy side if napping during the day.
-Sections of all buildings are close to the main building. Except the 90’s. I find that its a little more of a trek to the lobby/food court
-The hippy dippy pool (60’s) is the most happening, for a more quiet swim time check out the bowling pin pool (50’s) or the even more quiet computer pool (90’s)
-The return bus stop from all parks back to Pop is the furthest away from each gate (guess cause it’s the newest) be prepared for the walk.
-Closet and drawer space is limited in the rooms, so pack and plan accordingly.
-Make sure to try the tie-dye cheesecake! yummmmmmy!!!

If you think of anything else you need to know let me know and I’ll try my best to help out!

Have fun!

2 weeks is the just being excited phase for us … I’m a last minute packing person. I won’t be done till midnight the day before we leave. I usually don’t really start anything till, at most, the week before. :blush:

Dixie, I laughed when I read your “girlie” things because I just had most of those things done in the last week. I’m leaving Thursday for just a couple of days with the DH; but I got hair touched up last week, waxed saturday, mani and pedi yesterday and facial today! The things we do to look presentable in public! :laugh:

pop century if eating morning meals try to get there early as possible because it can be quite busy as everyone is trying to get to the parks for opening

also the buses run for that resort only so no other stops just to the parks or down town and back

can’t wait for trip report and pics

I to am about a month out will be staying at pop

if you can’t get room right5 away just give your carry on bags to pop bag office out side back of main building left side across from main pool when room is ready they will drop it off in your room
that way you can hit the parks with out extra stuff to worry about

I try not to count down…doesn’t work so well. 15 days!

i obsess, and read mb every day to check my countdown…