What do you suggest?

We want to book for 2011 but?

We like POFQ but would like to try a different moderate. IS there another mod that has the small charm like POFQ?

Compared to the other mods (POR, CBR, and CSR) POFQ IS small, if you consider having “only” 1000 rooms compared to the other’s 2000 rooms.
POFQ is handled by a single bus stop while the others have 4 each. Too bad that both POs share most buses.
Just remember of all the values and all the mods, only CSR has queen sized beds instead of the smaller double beds.

VERY IMPORTANT EDIT!!!:
CSR, not CBR has queens!!!
I typed wrong originally and Disney Teacher pointed out my mistake.

I have stayed in them all, and nothing compares to the small quaint atmosphere of POFQ. That being said, decide what you are interested in. We have stayed in Coronado, and while it was huge… my kids loved it, and we did not even go into the pool area. We were luckily close to the front desk/food areas though, so it just made for a short walk every morning to get anywhere… The kids liked walking around the lake in the morning. I would stay there again, even though I LOVE POFQ.

I think Riverside is the rustic version of POFQ, but larger…I am not a rustic girl, but we still liked it. It was where my 3 year old discovered that “Mickey Mouse and Minnie mouse are on the curtains” at 5 am… (She did not know where we were going, and she was THRILLED to find out!).

See, there are memories to be made at each… Have fun picking one…

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1050915]
Just remember of all the values and all the mods, only CBR has queen sized beds instead of the smaller double beds.[/QUOTE]

CSR has the queen beds, right?

I’m going to have to edit my post.
Coronado Springs has queens, Caribbean Beach has doubles.
Sorry for any confusion.

Thanks

We will have to think this one over.

For my next stay I will be at Coronado Springs.
I prefer POFQ but have to go where the family goes.
I will miss the boat to DTD and the size of the resort.
I love POFQ

We’ve only stayed at CBR and love it there. DS is so familiar with the resort. It is a HUGE resort and if you are not familiar with it, it can be rather annoying though.

Im back! after MONTHS!

That being said, CS was amazing. I loved it. I think the kids would love the pool!

[QUOTE=Caseys Corner;1050878]We want to book for 2011 but?

We like POFQ but would like to try a different moderate. IS there another mod that has the small charm like POFQ?[/QUOTE]

Stick with what you know…lol DD and I debated for 30seconds if there was another moderate for us…we both agreed NOT!

Nothing equals the charm of POFQ - although the queen beds at CSR would be alluring…

Thants all I think we will continue with POFQ.

After reading some poor reports with regard to POR, we were considering a move for next trip. We went to check out CSR and liked the resort very much, however, its size put us off a little, and I think we would really need some guidance on which block to stay in with relation to easy access to Pepper Market and bus stops etc.

I have to say, we had no problems with regard to POR, our room was clean thank goodness even though I had brought my own cleaning products just in case. We are a little hesitant to change resorts as we are so familiar with POR, but as they say sometimes a change is as good as a rest- oh well food for thought I guess.

Yes, but you aren’t two adult sized humans trying to share a single double bed.
When we stay at values, unless we can get a king room, we sleep apart.
I guess that’s one more reason why we don’t stay in values for more than two days.

[QUOTE=dixie;1051342]After reading some poor reports with regard to POR, we were considering a move for next trip. We went to check out CSR and liked the resort very much, however, its size put us off a little, and I think we would really need some guidance on which block to stay in with relation to easy access to Pepper Market and bus stops etc.
[/QUOTE]

Dixie, I’ve let out this little secret so many times I worry it won’t be a secret much longer.
Casitas 2 or 3 are probably the best location at CSR. It is a short walk to the main building and its restaurants as well as bus stop No.1 (which is actually the 4th stop). This allows you to see buses entering CSR and give you time to walk to the bus stop. Coming home it’s even better because Casitas 2 and 3 are a short walk to bus stop No. 2 which paradoxically is the first stop.
By leaving from stop 1 and returning to stop 2, you spend the least actual time on the bus in both directions.
Off hand, I’m not sure how close the nearest quiet pool is or how close the main pool is because we don’t really spend time at the pools.
I have one at home that I never use, why would I use someone else’s?:laugh:

Edit: there is a satellite pool between Casitas 3 and Casitas 4.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1051355]Dixie, I’ve let out this little secret so many times I worry it won’t be a secret much longer.
Casitas 2 or 3 are probably the best location at CSR. It is a short walk to the main building and its restaurants as well as bus stop No.1 (which is actually the 4th stop). This allows you to see buses entering CSR and give you time to walk to the bus stop. Coming home it’s even better because Casitas 2 and 3 are a short walk to bus stop No. 2 which paradoxically is the first stop.
By leaving from stop 1 and returning to stop 2, you spend the least actual time on the bus in both directions.
Off hand, I’m not sure how close the nearest quiet pool is or how close the main pool is because we don’t really spend time at the pools.
I have one at home that I never use, why would I use someone else’s?:laugh:

Edit: there is a satellite pool between Casitas 3 and Casitas 4.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Doug, that really is great information that I shall print off and put in our WDW folder. As I said, we really liked the resort but the things you’ve answered were our key issues-:heart:

Dixie, I love you too:blush:

We love French Quarter side. Riverside is larger and not a favorite of ours. We do eat in riversides food court since its not a bad walk.