What do you think about disney sequel animations?

Disney have released many sequels such as Cinderella 2, Aladdin 2&3, The little mermaid 2 and many more…But it seems that because of the story and qualities of drawing and songs of the cartoon, they are just incomparable to the original ones. Thus I would like to ask for your opinion. What do you think about Disney sequels? and what would be your advise to improve it?..Thank you very much in advance. :simba:

I voted “other” because I honestly think they are just terrible all around. BUT, I don’t think they are suppose to compare to the original, it’s just kinda like a mini branch out of the original to entertain it’s target audience. I would never compare them to the originals but my opinion is that they actually ‘cheapen’ the original in a way. Alas, I do think a lot of kids love them and that’s what they are intended for so I am sure Disney knows what they are doing.

I selected “other” because “all of the above” was not an option.

I hate seeing a satisfying ending being sequelled.

I think they are good for kids that get attached to certain characters. I know my kids have enjoyed many sequels. I think kids look at them differently than adults. Their expectations aren’t nearly as high.

The only successful sequel that sticks out in my mind is Toy Story 2. It was fabulous, but that success in sequels seems to be a rarity.

[QUOTE=Cavey;854224]I selected “other” because “all of the above” was not an option.

I hate seeing a satisfying ending being sequelled.[/QUOTE]

Ditto to everything.

I voted for “bad story plots”. The only sequels my family and I have enjoyed are the Lion King ones; the rest we could do without.

I voted ‘other’ as I hate any sequel to an already well loved well told story. As much as I adored Toy Story 1 I did not enjoy the second one as much, yes it had its cute moments but the orignal was just brilliant.

:blush:I have come to know that all and I stress all sequels don’t add to the orginal movie except for Pirates of the Caribbean. In my opinion, Pirates of the Caribbean III was the best one of all of them.:wub:

I don’t care for them. I enjoyed them as a child (the Lion King ones) because I loved Simba, but they aren’t nearly as great as the originals. Imo, they are a waste of the studio’s time. Not to mention, they disagree with Walt Disney’s philosophy…

“I’ve never believed in doing sequels. I didn’t want to waste the time I have doing a sequel; I’d rather be using that time doing something new and diferent. It goes back to when they wanted me to do more pigs.” - Walt Disney

I think that’s a smart philosophy.

Walt famously once said “you can’t top pigs with pigs” regarding a sequel to the Three Little Pigs.

Oh by the way Wichita1984, welcome to MB!!:laugh:

:redface:Thank you Dixie…I’m happy to be in the family.

Voted for ‘other’ as all of the above was not listed. As other have said, continuing on from where a great story ended is just so wrong. Go on to something new and exciting.

I wanted to vote for all answers as I think most sequels can’t match its first version.
I’m not a cartoon writer or anything near that but I wanna say the drawing, story plot and music are terrible in my opinion compare to the original. I seriously want Disney to reconsider their quality of the sequels. Please !!! don’t devalue the original.

Sorry to be so harsh but just a view from a true Disney fan.

[QUOTE=james1984;857843]I wanted to vote for all answers as I think most sequels can’t match its first version.
I’m not a cartoon writer or anything near that but I wanna say the drawing, story plot and music are terrible in my opinion compare to the original. I seriously want Disney to reconsider their quality of the sequels. Please !!! don’t devalue the original.

Sorry to be so harsh but just a view from a true Disney fan.[/QUOTE]

I understand your feelings, totally. I think they look at it as a whole 'nother marketing outlet. I don’t think they are made for the hardcore Disney fans like you and I. I think they are made to entertain little kids who may not be as into ‘the art’ and history of the animation originals like we are. I would ask Disney to just create different movies straight for DVD and not these silly sequels.

I think it’s a bit of each from the choices that you said. I think most of the sequel animations are worse than the original one. I don’t dare to say ‘all’ as I haven’t watched all the sequel so there might be some of the sequel that is also good. The bad drawing and bad songs qualities are because they are direct to DVD and they don’t spend as much amount of money as the original one which is direct to the cinema. That’s what I think. If Disney can improve this point, they will definitely attract more customers and the sequel will be a hit like the original. :mickey:

I also voted for other. I think Disney puts out sequels to sell more merchandise. Little kids get attached to characters they love and Disney fills their need by creating these “films.”

I loved that one also!! What an amazing movie, both the first and the second.

Most sequels aren’t that great for me, but I think my kids like them too. Especially dd with High School Musical, she loved one and two equally, we will see about number 3.

I got confused about this one! And where is the action and the villains! I really don’t like Tinkerbell the movie.