What do you think my chances are?

We just returned last night from WDW and I haven’t been able to gather all of my thoughts to write my TR yet (It’s coming, I promise!), but I have a question!

We want to stay next October at Bay Lake with MK view. We definately have the points, but I am concerned about being able to book it. I have to wait until March since it’s not my home resort. Any thoughts on the best way to accomplish this that maybe I am missing? My DD’s are geting older and I think this will be my chance to capture a bit more magic!

25 views and no responses is not a good thing! Does this mean everyone thinks it’s a lost cause?

We just joined DVC so I can not tell you. At least October is not a “peak” time. Good luck.

The peak times for DVC resorts are very different from the regular resorts. October can be a busy time for DVC resorts, expecially the Epcot resorts.

Hmm, it’s hard to say 'cause BLT hasn’t been open for a year yet so not a lot of people have a feel for it’s demand & booking chances yet. I would THINK your chances would be good if you call RIGHT on the 7 month booking date. Just be prepared with a couple different options you could live with; like different room size/view.

This is one of the reasons why we picked BLT as our home site. Our very favorite resort is AKL, but we decided to go with BLT because of its popularity, and that we probably wouldn’t have too many troubles 7 months out for AKV, but worried that we would never be able to get in at BLT. Not to scare you, just our reasoning. Hopefully I’m wrong, and you will be able to get what you want. Good luck!

I agree that you may need to be flexible regarding view at BLT but you could always wait list your first choice. We stayed at BLT this past September and it was not our home resort and we had no problem getting the reservation. Again I would call first thing in the morning at your 7 month window. Also October is sometimes difficult to get at BW or BC due to the F&W festival so maybe everyone will be booking over there!

This is what I’m hoping. We have BLT points that we will use to book for Sept, but come the 7 month mark, I’m going to see if we can use SSR points to book a room. I’m hoping BCV/BWV will be very busy and no one will want BLT.

Well, DH and I have discussed this in detail. We would only stay at BLT if we could get a MK view. We think our girls would be in their glory staying there and waking up to see the castle.

Please do not be offended anyone… We have never really been fans of the contemporary decor. Not really retro modern fans either so Bay Lake never really interested us. We do think it would be great due to the convienence of the location since we spend a lot of time in MK, but we would only try to stay there for the view for the girls.

We bought in at SSR before Bay Lake even was on the horizon so it wasn’t like we really had an option. OUR first choice would be either AKL (Savanna view only) or BCV. I guess we will have to wait and see what happens. I will try on that very day of 7 months!

I personally think you’ll be able to get into BLT at 7 months, but the view may not be MK for the size villa you’d like… go for it!

I was able to book my May 2010 vacation at BLT (I called right at the 7 month mark). I was prepared to be put on wait list, but I was excited that they had the room available. I didn’t care what view, so we took what was available (bay lake view).

If BLT isn’t available with your desired MK view when you call, ask to be placed on wait list, and book something else that you might like at a different resort. I’ve always had great luck with wait list.

Good luck!! I hope you get it - it would be very magical for your DDs

I wish you the best of luck, but I would say be prepared with an alternate plan. A lot of people have bought BLT but have yet to stay there and will be planning their first trips next year. Also, you have Mickey’s Halloween party that will be going on in October which will increase demand for BLT. Book your SSR at 11 months and then prepare for the waitlist when you try BLT at 7 months.

Also, I might prepare to be disappointed with the view. Reading on the different boards Disney’s interpratation of a MK view or “Lake” view are considerable different from yours and mine:pinch:

It’s not my home resort, but I was able to get it. We are going there on Saturday and got a dedicated 2 bedroom. I called exactly 7 months in advance (try calling a day or two in advance because their calendars run a little different than what you might think). Oct and Nov are probably your best months for having a shot at this. Also, I always book my home resort 11 months out like cayman said, just to be sure I have something. Good Luck

[QUOTE=Goodegirl2007;1001416]I was able to book my May 2010 vacation at BLT (I called right at the 7 month mark). I was prepared to be put on wait list, but I was excited that they had the room available. I didn’t care what view, so we took what was available (bay lake view).

If BLT isn’t available with your desired MK view when you call, ask to be placed on wait list, and book something else that you might like at a different resort. I’ve always had great luck with wait list.

Good luck!! I hope you get it - it would be very magical for your DDs[/QUOTE]

We’re thinking about booking a couple of nights at BLT in July. We have our home resort booked but may try to start our trip at BLT. I was surprised at how small the point difference was, I think we may even try for a MK view since it will only be 2-3 nights total. The more I think about it the more I think we will try for a MK view, why not?

This is what we are doing for our Spring Break trip. Two nights at BLT MK view, and then moving over to AKV. That way, we get to try something different, and then can end at where we are comfortable with.

That’s exactly what we’re doing. We love BCV too much to not stay there but we also want to try BLT. I decided to start there so we can end at the resort we know we love. We’ll hit MK hard those days then we can enjoy HS and Epcot while we’re staying at BCV. BCV just feels like home to us, we just so comfortable there.