What else has closed?

I just found out that “Who Wants to be a Millionaire?” at DS has closed! :glare: Apparently I’m very out-of-the-loop! (and yes, I’m sure there were several threads about it that I missed.) I would have been wandering around DS looking for it :laugh: (I was looking foreward to playing again! And I could have sworn it is mentioned still in the 2006 Unofficial Guide!)
So…what else has gone away since my last visit to the World in 2004? Anything else I might go blindly looking for? :blink:

Here is the list of permanent closures - some of these are old…pre 2004 (per All Ears net):

Animal Kingdom:
Tarzan Rocks! Closed 1/06
Journey into the Jungle Book Closed 4/99
Lucky the Dinosaur May-July 2005
March of the Artimals Closed 6/99
Radio Disney River Cruise aka Discovery River Taxi aka Discovery RiverBoat Ride aka Discovery River Boats - Retired 1999

Disney/MGM Studios:
Backstage Pass
Bear in the Big Blue House
Disney’s Doug Live!
Hunchback of Notre Dame
Making of the Haunted Mansion Movie
Mulan Parade
Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? Play It!

EPCoT:
Food Rocks
Lord of the Dance
Millennium Celebration
Millennium Village
Person of the Century
Shockwave!
Surprise in the Skies
The Power of Blast!
Tapestry of Dreams
Tapestry of Nations

Magic Kingdom:
20,000 Leagues under the Sea
Adventureland Challenge
Cinderella’s Surprise Celebration
ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter
Goofy’s Country Dancin’ Jamboree at the Diamond Horseshoe
Magical Moments Parade
Main Street Electrical Parade
Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride
Share a Dream Come True Parade
Swashbuckling Pirates
Sword in the Stone Ceremony
Timekeeper
Walk Around the World Bricks
Walt Disney Story

Here is the list of current and upcoming Rehab closures: Rehabs and Closings Schedule at Disney World

Don’t forget all the “new stuff” that you’ll get to try. Per WDW’s website these are the “new” things since 2004 (you may have seen some of this stuff…not sure when in 2004 you went vs. when these actually opened):

Crush n’ gusher at TL
Expedition Everest
Fantasyland Playland (great photo opps here!)
Lights Motors Action
Mickey’s Philharmagic
The Lion, Witch and Wardrobe set (great photo opps here, too!..you might consider this for your holiday card family photos!)
Soarin’
Stitch’s great escape
The Living Seas with Nemo and Friends
Turtle Talk w/ Crush
Wishes
Cinderellabration
Finding Nemo - the musical (is this open!!??!!)

They closed Goofy’s Country Dancin’ Jamboree? I mean. I didn’t enjoy it for myself, but it looked like a blast for the little ones.

I didn’t know they stopped doing the Sword in the Stone ceremony either! That’s one I’ll really miss…what’s happening to the interaction at WDW? :confused:

I am really looking forward to Expedition Everest and Soarin’! I was last at WDW in Sept. 2004.
Thanks for the info!

I was really disappointed with the Millionaire closure, too. :sad: How could they possibly close it before I got to the hot seat! I figured out the trick to getting there on my LAST game… I was ready to make it!

I would just like to say on my last trip - I made the top ten.

DH and I made the top 2!

Good thing a man was there to help out.

Did you ever type a response and start laughing when you think of whats coming back at you?

I was number one at one point, but the game was over :frowning: (Ironically it was when my mom was in the hot seat!)

We went a week before it closed, and it was a huge rush…herd people into the stage, take forever to set up, play one contestant, and go. I couldn’t believe only one person! He was cheating too:pirate: and he was a preacher…how dare he :laugh:

You are so lucky that you are so far away!:glare:

On the list of closures…was Backstage Pass at MGM the Animation Studio Tour? I forgot what the official name of that was.

I wish I had gotten to see Lucky… I really wanted to experience that!!!

Just got back last Thursday and I ran into a local that told me DISNEY QUEST in Downtown had closed while we were there . Had never been but looked like it would of been fun . She said they are making it in to something to do with ESPN . Sorry don’t have alot of info on it .

Wow, that’s a lot of things. I mean, I expected some, but not this loooong list. :ph34r:

Yes this is to be an ESPN Sports Zone.

i hope the name of the newest castle stage show is “Mickey’s Dream-along Castle Party.”