What exactly are the Santas around the worlds

Are each of the worlds decorated up for christmas, does anyone have pictures. I’ve never been to Epcot in December. What all do the holidays offer there?

The Santas around the world are each country’s “depiction” of Santa - for instance, in Germany St. Nicholas tells stories and German traditions, in Canada Papa Noel tells French-Canadian traditions, etc. The times are all listed. The pavillions are all decorated in the custom of their country. For instance - lots of poinsettias in Mexico. The deorations throughout the whole World are gorgeous. The also have the wonderful Candlelight Procession each night with a celebrity guest reading the Christmas Story - the music and singing is really beautiful. I think Epcot is my favourite Park at Christmas - except for the Osborne Lights at HS - they are jaw-dropping. Christmas at WDW is really something you should experience at least once.

We’ve been the Disney a couple times in November when most of the decorations are up, and you’re right, it’s my favorite time of the year. Osborne lights are just amazing. We like to sit on one of the park benches and just enjoy the lights, music and people watch. The Epcot decorations are put up later and we didn’t ever get to see them. I’m anxious to see the different customs.

There are no better Christmas decorations anywhere. The place is covered in Christmas decorations. Lightpoles, costumes, buildings, etc… Nothing is left undone, and yet it is not overdone…

All of WDW is beautifully decorated at Christmas time. We have been several times over the holidays. As far as specific country decorations, it depends on the country. Certain countries don’t celebrate Christmas as a rule.

It’s not just “Santas” because although most but not all of the countries celebrate Christmas…it’s really holiday traditions.

My DW thought it would be sort of lame but now it’s here fav part of EPCOT during the Christmas trips. Fun to see differences in Santa, St Nick, Father Christmas etc. from country to country.

Well worth a tour around the world.

[QUOTE=rlcarmichael;1122869]It’s not just “Santas” because although most but not all of the countries celebrate Christmas…it’s really holiday traditions.

My DW thought it would be sort of lame but now it’s here fav part of EPCOT during the Christmas trips. Fun to see differences in Santa, St Nick, Father Christmas etc. from country to country.

Well worth a tour around the world.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I’m looking forward to this.

and YES, I agree, there are no nicer decorations than Disney World. Love the different themed trees.

Thanks for the info, I was wondering that myself. DH and I will have a day in Epcot with Hunter, I wonder if seeing all those different Santa’s will confuse him. Do you know if there will be a photopass person with them?

I took my kids when they were little, and I explained that the kids in that country think that Santa looks like that… When we saw them. They were out sometimes, but not always. Sorta like character meet and greets. He may not even notice them if you do not point them out. All of Disney is even more magical at Christmas. It is wonderful.

Not sure about the photopass…but I wouldn’t worry about him - he’s still pretty young to wonder about different Santas. I’m still wondering about “Papa Noel”, myself, because as a Canadian I’ve never heard of him. (and he’s a lumberjack, no less). I think Epcot made him up.:glare: