What food items are available at Kadani

We are staying at Kadani in May for the first time. We will be flying in and using ME and will not have a car. We are on the dining plan but wanted to get a few items for our room for breakfast and snacking. Is there a place in either Kadani or Jambo where we can purchase milk, cereal, bread, snacks, etc.? Or do we need to order from Garden Grocer for this kind of stuff?

It would be cheaper to order from Garden Grocer if you know you’ll need $50 worth of food (free delivery at that point) but yes, you can get some basic food/snack items at the resort. I don’t know enough about AKL to know exactly where to find it but it’s always been in the resort’s main store where I’ve stayed.

I’d be willing to bet a nickle the Garden Grocer will save you a dime or 2.

Not sure about what’s available at Kidani, but Jambo House will have everything you need at the Mara, downstairs near the pool. I hear its about a 5 minute walk from Kidani to Jambo House.

This is posted on their site…Garden Grocer

[B]Is there a minimum order amount?

Yes, $40 on food/drink items.

Is there a delivery charge?

Yes, but it’s only $12.00! No charge on orders over $200!
[/B]

So keep that in mind the delivery charge and tip.

Do you own DVC? If so, go to the member site and there is a spot that lists grocery costs. Here’s the link, but not sure if it will work. Some foods aren’t too bad, some things are unbelievable on how much they charge.

I too will be staying at Kidani village in may. The last time I was there in 2009 the store in Kidani village did have the basics like milk, bread, cereal, etc. However, do garden grocier is worth it cause the stuff in the store is a little bit more expensive then you are used you.

If you only have to pick up a few basics, then the store at Kidani should be adequate.

I think we are moving in as you move out. We arrive the 22nd.

Thanks all for your replies. At least we know that if we choose not to order Garden Grocer then we have the items available even if they are at a more expensive price.

your right we are leaving on the 21st

[QUOTE=jo-jo;1069499]This is posted on their site…Garden Grocer

[B]Is there a minimum order amount?

Yes, $40 on food/drink items.

Is there a delivery charge?

Yes, but it’s only $12.00! No charge on orders over $200!
[/B]

So keep that in mind the delivery charge and tip.

Do you own DVC? If so, go to the member site and there is a spot that lists grocery costs. Here’s the link, but not sure if it will work. Some foods aren’t too bad, some things are unbelievable on how much they charge.

http://advc.disney.go.com/media/dvc_v0302/languagespecific/eng/member/vacationplanning/groceryorder/GroceryList_AnimalKingdomVillas2011.pdf[/QUOTE]

Oops! I had my numbers all confused! :laugh: Thanks for the clarification. :blush: