What happens if you are late for an ADR?

I am so excited that we are ALMOST there!
But, I have been obsessing about trip planning because of the crowd predictions lately.

I am compulsive about being early for everything I schedule. I am nervous that because we actually have ADRs everyday that we will end up LATE for one!

We have never gone during FD or in August so I have never really experienced significant waits for anything we wanted to go on.

It would be my luck that I would be on an attraction that is broke down or standing at the loading dock when I am supposed to be checking in for ADRs!

What happens if you are late? Do you lose it or is it like FP- you can go later? (I mean 15-20 minutes-not hours)
Thoughts?
Zoey

Never been late but I am sure it happens, alot. . . my guess is you get thrown into the mix of people waiting and fit in meaning people that got there before you would be seated first but then you would go in. I am sure they have it all figured out.

I wouldn’t worry too much. . Disney is very accomodating to all. You can’t always control the speed (or lack thereof) of the Disney bus system :laugh:

[QUOTE=zoey9797;987197]What happens if you are late? Do you lose it or is it like FP- you can go later? (I mean 15-20 minutes-not hours)
[/QUOTE]

I think they take you out back and squirt you with the hose. :laugh:
If you are a few minutes late it shouldn’t be a problem. Sometimes that can’t seat you for 15-20 minutes anyways. (Anyone remember the term “preferred seating” which wasn’t really a reservation but really only a preference over walkins?)

Have a great trip Zoey! We can’t wait for mine to begin either!! Don’t forget to toast the “official” Beer Summit on August 30th, although I may need to have a rehersal a few days earlier! :happy:

We were 10-15 minutes late for an ADR at Coral Reef. We were having pictures taken with Jasmine and then Alladin and the Genie came out. We thought, oh well, we’ll give it a shot. They were very nice and said we would be seated as soon as something became available. We waited about 15 minutes. I think they will accomodate what they can. But I know what you mean - I hate being late!!
Have fun!! Anxiously awaiting your TR!

I think you’ll be fine as long as you’re not excessively late. I imagine PP’s are correct in saying that they’d fit you in after others who arrived on time but still before the standby list. Have a great trip! (TR please!!)

[QUOTE=zoey9797;987197]What happens if you are late? Do you lose it or is it like FP- you can go later? (I mean 15-20 minutes-not hours)
Thoughts?
Zoey[/QUOTE]

You’d be in SO much trouble!!!:crying: Kidding.:happy: WDW understands that people can be delayed - especially in the parks - and they’re pretty easygoing about it. They’ll seat you as soon as they can. (that is after beating the soles of your feet and making you pay a hefty fine:huh: - kiddding again!:laugh:)

“What happens if you’re late for your ADR?”
They take your first born child and you’re banned for life.
(Your question has already been answered, so I’m just piling on. Official policy is you’re given a 15 minute grace period.)

We were an hour late for an ADR at Biergarten. Either I wrote down the wrong time or they put our name in for the wrong time. Besides being embarrassed, it wasn’t that big of a deal actually. She was nicer about it than a lot of people would have been. They seated us as soon as a table was ready.

You have to wear the ears of shame.

Sorry, couldn’t resist.

Like everyone said, they know things happen, and sometimes you can’t avoid being late. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=lovemysons;987409]You have to wear the ears of shame.

QUOTE]

okay…that was my favorite response of all! :laugh:

[QUOTE=Soundgod;987379]“What happens if you’re late for your ADR?”
They take your first born child and you’re banned for life.
(Your question has already been answered, so I’m just piling on. Official policy is you’re given a 15 minute grace period.)[/QUOTE]

Crap.
I only have a first born. Oh well, the chances we will take for a Disney fix! ROFL!

Thanks everyone. Good to know some have been late before. I will probably still be early but never hurts to know that just in case… :slight_smile:

I am anxiously awaiting my TR too!

we were an hour late for our adr at narcooses for our anniversary i had ordered a specail $75.00 cake and everything… they were very nice i explained i couldnt get dh off the pirate ride. we had to wait aobut 20 minutes then no biggie. we got seated no one even mentioned it.

Sorry, couldn’t resist.

Like everyone said, they know things happen, and sometimes you can’t avoid being late. :)[/QUOTE]

That would be the “Mouse ears of shame”?

We’ve been late twice and they’ve always been pretty accomadating. Last trip we were quite late for the Princess Storybook breakfast, nd they still got us right in. Yesterday we were about 20 mins late for Ohana’s, and while we did have to wait about 30 mins, they still got us in. No ears of shame or pointing and laughing lol.

Sorry, couldn’t resist.

Like everyone said, they know things happen, and sometimes you can’t avoid being late. :)[/QUOTE]

Ears of Shame!:laugh::laugh:

That’s right…where else could they get those IASW evil “dolls?”

I’m pretty sure it happens all the time.

ROFL!
DD is a little tall for IASM - BUT, I am sure they could remedy that fairly easy!
That is just horrible!
I just will plan to be on time. All of the other scenarios are starting to worry me!

Ive been late a few times.
Whether it be a few minutes or as much as 15mins 1 time (lost my mom and daughter in park!!!), it’s no problem.

Iam sure they get that alot, and alot of times some people get there early so it balances out.