What if they had to close 2 parks?

WARNING THIS IS HYPOTHETICAL!

I was over on Subsonic Radio, and someone brought up the concern of the bad economy. All of the sudden Disney is forced to shut down 2 parks. Which parks should stay open!?

Magic and Epcot should stay open hands down. I was never the largest Animal Kingdom fan in the world, and I can’t spend an entire day at DHS.

What do you guys think?

Same here:Magic Kingdom and Epcot!

I like AK and MK

I say MK and Epcot are da bomb- so its the “half day” parks that go!

I agree, I think it would be MK and Epcot. While I love all things Disney, I don’t think AK and DHS do quite as well as MK and Epcot.

I will jump on this bandwagon, they could close AK and DHS and I would be fine. (well, not fine, but if I HAD to pick two to go!)
I would just want them to move EE to MK!!

They won’t be able to “just shut” AK regardless of anything at this point.
The care of the animals is probably the largest expense they have and even with the park closed, they’ve still pretty much got a zoo to care for every single day…
So, there goes this little thread. They wouldn’t be able to do more than close DHS. I’d look for the waterparks and minigolf to be shuttered, followed by one or more golf courses. Next would be parades and fireworks and reduced hours across the board.

[QUOTE=Soundgod;857748]They won’t be able to “just shut” AK regardless of anything at this point.
The care of the animals is probably the largest expense they have and even with the park closed, they’ve still pretty much got a zoo to care for every single day…
So, there goes this little thread. They wouldn’t be able to do more than close DHS. I’d look for the waterparks and minigolf to be shuttered, followed by one or more golf courses. Next would be parades and fireworks and reduced hours across the board.[/QUOTE]

That’s where we disagree. The animals could be placed in other zoos around the world. I’m sure someone would take them. Since it would be their biggest expense, it probably would go. The park attendance pales in comparison to the other parks so keeping it open would be a money pit.

I think the water parks/mini golf/regular golf courses could go. Do people just go there for those anyways? Not a chance.

There’s no way this will ever happen. It would cost a pretty penny just for the upkeep while the park is closed because for sure they wouldn’t abandon them.

Besides, they’ll get plenty of business from the Europeans in the near future.
The German Disney boards are buzzing.

[QUOTE=Dopey;857752]There’s no way this will ever happen. It would cost a pretty penny just for the upkeep while the park is closed because for sure they wouldn’t abandon them.

Besides, they’ll get plenty of business from the Europeans in the near future.
The German Disney boards are buzzing.[/QUOTE]

I know it will never happen. It was just a hypothetical thing.

I would vote for Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios of Florida.

(I think those are the two parks Disney would like to shut down in a good economy as well :laugh: )

By the way the economy is grew last quarter and Disney posted a healthy profit…just saying.

I have to go with MK and Epcot. If those two parks were to shut down, I’d be finding another vacation destination.

Hypothetically, as you said…

I think MK and EPCOT would stay open. The animals could find new homes and the best of DHS could be absorbed elsewhere.

I know, I should have told you which park I can live without.
The only one, though, that I can live without would be the Studios. Now what are we going to do?:blush:

[QUOTE=crazy4tink;857765]Hypothetically, as you said…

I think MK and EPCOT would stay open. The animals could find new homes and the best of DHS could be absorbed elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

Yes, the animals can come and live with me.:happy:

[QUOTE=tigger;857754]I would vote for Islands of Adventure and Universal Studios of Florida.

(I think those are the two parks Disney would like to shut down in a good economy as well :laugh: )

By the way the economy is grew last quarter and Disney posted a healthy profit…just saying.[/QUOTE]

I vote for those two, too!

I saw that, too!

Anyhoo…I love MK and Epcot, BUT I cannot live without the Tower of Terror!!

As much as I love all of the parks I would definitely have to say that MK and Epcot would have to stay open. Let’s just hope that it never comes to this!!

I was thinking that too, and DH and DD can’t live without RnRC

:crying:
I would need to keep the Magic Kingdom and the Animal Kingdom,

Ouch :pinch:
But everything is open, don’t wory Graham, you’re fine :blush: