What if

ok this one is going to be extreme. way more so then like getting teary eyed and crying at the photo of the entrance. What if Disney offered housing either on or around they’re land Obviously price would be higher, would you live there?

Well… they kind of attempted that with Celebration - Walt’s idea of a perfect community. It wasn’t nearly as successful as hoped… I don’t believe it’s Disney-owned, anymore.

But, yes. I would definitely want to live there… as close to The World as I can get!

Ummm, it’s called Celebration.

That’s what I was thinking.

no no no, like like celebrations. Celebrations is like a town established by Disney I’m talking about like living on Disney like they sold you a plot of land in a section that they plan to not use and you build a house on it. And to me celebrations isn’t really Disney, to me it doesn’t feel, look or sound like Disney(went through there once)

Well, Celebration isn’t supposed to be Disney… it’s Disney’s idea of a perfect community. It’s not oozing with Disney merchandise like the parks.

But, I think that’s extremely unlikely.

If it did happen, though, I’d definitely want to live there… probably out of my budget, though. :laugh:

I am sorry, but this doesn’t really make any sense at all :pinch:

It makes perfect sense. Hypothetically if The Walt Disney Co. were to take some of the unused land in the 45 square miles of The Walt Disney World park and use it for the sole purpose of making a small community, would you purchase a plot of land, and build a house.

If I had the money, I totally would. I’d have to get an annual pass too. A bus would have to swing by my house to take me to the parks/hotels/downtown too!

[QUOTE=spaghetti016;936621]It makes perfect sense. Hypothetically if The Walt Disney Co. were to take some of the unused land in the 45 square miles of The Walt Disney World park and use it for the sole purpose of making a small community, would you purchase a plot of land, and build a house.

If I had the money, I totally would. I’d have to get an annual pass too. A bus would have to swing by my house to take me to the parks/hotels/downtown too![/QUOTE]

It’s redundant. It has been done :blink:

Yes I would and I would work in the parks.

This is just my take on it: Celebration IS essentially what you’re talking about. I’m not sure how people building their own houses would make it any more “Disney”? But if you mean a different section of property or something… I would hope that before Disney offered land/housing to any of us, they would offer it to their CMs first.

Frankly if I could miraculously afford to buy Disney property and build a house on it, I would use the money to build affordable housing for CMs. I don’t think I’d want to live on property unless I was actually working there. It would lose something if it was the place I left/came home to every day while working elsewhere and leading my “normal life”.

And I don’t think Disney looks out for their CMs enough in the housing area, so anyway, that’s my initial thought. I’d much rather utilize an opportunity like that to their benefit.

[COLOR=“DarkRed”]I get it. It would not be a community just homes here and there through out Disney property. Like living in the country. Not hundreds of homes in a 2 mile radiuos. I would live there and I would have the greatest neighbors in the world.[/COLOR]

:mickey:10 points goes to you