What if

changing the thread line on the new fast pass plus system,I am estimating but as of 2008 there were about 30,000 hotel rooms on Disney property ,so I am guessing with the addition and expansion there are about 8,000 more and given that a lot of the new rooms are DVC and suites and tree house villas Disney at anyone time could have as much as 200,000 guests now lets say in the years to come all use this new fast pass system,once again we have dining system all over again sorry you can’t ride the attraction this trip using fast pass,get in line…judging by an ealier post that is already happening using a smaller sampling…what will happen now…please remember the reason for fast pass plus is to eliminate the cost of the fast pass machines and the people who man them,and just the paper and security involved with the actual ticket,also because it will use the rfid chip,the person policing it also ,sorry for another thread on this but us regulars need to truly understand where we MIGHT be headed

See and that in lies the problem. MIGHT be headed. Why not wait until we see what it looks like in it’s final stages instead of debating maybes and what ifs. It’s called testing for a reason. Our debates on how they have, would have, could have…solve nada. Lets see what the end sees and then let us debate the positive and negatives and find a way to capitalize off our vast knowledge of the Disney parks and how we can make a new system work for us.:laugh:

If you think Disney doesn’t have someone watching these blogs think again,they listen for many reasons…so just talking about it gives them some feedback as to what someone’s concerns maybe,so just our talking about it gives them realtime feedback …also remember companies like Disney sometimes are insulated and even though they research things out their sampling might not be the right sampling

Well said. Let’s not conjecture about what might happen. We have enough on our hands solving problems that are happening right now. :laugh:

OK< great. Then let me tell the Disney person reading this that they should test al they want, expand all they want and handle FP however they see fit. But pretty please build more restaurants to handle all that DDP action! :laugh:

Yes!!! Exactly how I feel…they are pushing the non DDP people like me out!!!

Perhaps you should take your opinions and form them into a professionally written letter and send it off to Disney world guest relations to ensure it’s read. I just don’t like acting like the sky is falling every time they change or try something. It’s who they are - if they didn’t constantly change and try new things, it would be a bit boring and over-done by now. Try to stay in the present.

P.S. If the system works exactly like it says it will in this link, then I think it will be very streamlined and will help with planning and crowd management! It’s pretty limited, at least in the test run. I think it will go unnoticed by most everyone!
Walt Disney World testing FastPass+

yes I have,if you have been reading some other posts Disney communication also has changed,not as accessible,and far less flexible than in the past and as far as being in the present I am in it,but looking into the future can you see things getting better,truthfully,can you see it getting better,the reason I bring things up here is to make sure Disney fans like all of us are aware of what is going on both positive and negative,so each person can make their own decision as to how they respond,just like someone asking PQ riverside or caribean beach,same thing applies to this subject the more info the better people can make decisions on what they would like to do,please remember that we send people off to congress to represent us and because everyone used to say lets see what happens,that is in the future well the future is NOW…what have they done,whatever the solution I know I had nothing to do with the problem but I and you will likely pay for our malaise in allowing them to handle it without listening to our input…sorry but this forum is discuss things Disney whether its a new ride or new policies,I am sorry if I stepped on someones toes but lets not discuss it because …as you say we shall see what happens and then we we can respond ,by then it may be to late…the financial cliff…could be become our vacation cliff

Periods, a definite need in long posts.:wink:

ok and now I am being told my post is tooooo short.

Quite the opposite.
Your prose is compared to a post menopausal woman.
No periods:laugh:

[QUOTE=Soundgod;1127517]Quite the opposite.
Your prose is compared to a post menopausal woman.
No periods:laugh:[/QUOTE]

and here I thought it was a blog…not a grammatical excerise,usually when a person makes a point in a discussion the debating skill is to change the subject…:)(:…just joking happy new year

This is by no means a slam on you or your grammar, but I can tell you that be it in a letter or forum post, if my office receives feedback with poor grammar we tend to ignore it. That is the case with most companies. If it is not well written, and understandable it will go in file 13. If anyone at Disney does happen across this post they will most likely skip it because it is deemed unreadable. I am not saying my prose is perfect but some capitalization and punctuation are good no matter where you are writing. It is proper etiquette as well.

[QUOTE=cubsblue;1127568]This is by no means a slam on you or your grammar, but I can tell you that be it in a letter or forum post, if my office receives feedback with poor grammar we tend to ignore it. That is the case with most companies. If it is not well written, and understandable it will go in file 13. If anyone at Disney does happen across this post they will most likely skip it because it is deemed unreadable. I am not saying my prose is perfect but some capitalization and punctuation are good no matter where you are writing. It is proper etiquette as well.[/QUOTE ]

I have to agree. To be honest, I stopped reading the first post halfway through. You may not agree, but punctuation and grammar are very important when trying to get your point across.

I didn’t think you stepped on any toes at all. I just said that I thought you should write out your opinion and set it off. Just like you are entitled to discuss things that haven’t happened or may happen, I have the right to not participate. I just gave you my opinion on getting excited about things that haven’t happened yet. You are free to do whatever you want.

I have clearly upset you and am uncertain why. I just don’t care to get myself worked up something that may happen or get upset about things Disney is testing out because a test isn’t final - it’s a test. My thoughts on a MAYBE concept have absolutely nothing to do with congress or anything political.

Thanks.

[QUOTE=MissDisney;1127451]P.S. If the system works exactly like it says it will in this link, then I think it will be very streamlined and will help with planning and crowd management! It’s pretty limited, at least in the test run. I think it will go unnoticed by most everyone!
Walt Disney World testing FastPass+[/QUOTE]

When we were there,they had people at the gates chasing people down asking if they were on the new system and then diverting them to the next gen gates.

[QUOTE=Dana;1127609]I didn’t think you stepped on any toes at all. I just said that I thought you should write out your opinion and set it off. Just like you are entitled to discuss things that haven’t happened or may happen, I have the right to not participate. I just gave you my opinion on getting excited about things that haven’t happened yet. You are free to do whatever you want.

I have clearly upset you and am uncertain why. I just don’t care to get myself worked up something that may happen or get upset about things Disney is testing out because a test isn’t final - it’s a test. My thoughts on a MAYBE concept have absolutely nothing to do with congress or anything political.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Over the last 20 plus years we have been subjected to Disney testing out many things,one year it was the bus allocation system,when the bus drivers and several inside people asked them not to try to see how it would work during spring break they went ahead and did it much to chagrin of almost all that were affected.

“subjected” to? Listen, I really value your opinion, but Disney, in order to grow and keep people coming back, must change and progress. In order to progress, they have to test out theories and ideas.

Are you suggesting that Disney not test anything new or are you simply not happy that you are part of that testing? I am a bit confused to your reasoning. As Dana said, things have to change over time. I think Disney does a great job of testing, implementing, and even scrapping ideas if they will not work. Even if it means they loose money in the end. They still have customer service as their number one goal because if they loose that they loose the edge they have. I am confident that, two years from now, a majority of people will be happy with the Fastpass system. I am pretty pleased as it is because I see them implementing some ideas I passed on in a survey a couple of years back.