What is a typical day on a cruise?

As I have said before, Im a cruise newbie. We are doing 4 days on the DREAM in January. We are booking an excursion at Nassau (dolphins) and plan to hang on the beach and book snorkeling at Castaway Cay (pretty low key).

Aside from that, how do you spend a typical day on a cruise? Do you go to the movies? See the show? {Are the shows cheezy? Do dudes like them? My DH isnt sure about this…}

What is your favorite stuff to do? Especially on the day at sea.

One final question…I know you can bring alcohol on board. Can I fill up my Tervis and bring my Mike’s Hard Lemonade with me as I go to all these fabulous spots??? :cool:

Thanks! :minnie:

A cruise is just like DisneyWorld - there’s really no way to describe it until you’ve done it. I’ve taken 11 cruises (2 on Disney). I’ve been on some pretty terrific ships - but nothing compares to a Disney ship - the attention to detail is amazing.

Are the shows cheesy? In a word - NO! Their entertainment is the best - the musicals are Broadway-worthy. Best of costuming, music, dance. Best everything. I guess whether your dh will like them is a personal thing - I know some “dudes” aren’t into musicals, etc. Does he enjoy the shows at WDW?

The movies - don’t worry about having to see the movie you saw last year - the movies on the ship are all currently running movies - because as they tell you - “we own most of them anyway”. So, you could get on a ship and be watching the new Monsters movie. And yes, we absolutely went to the movies. They run all day, if I remember correctly.

What to do on Board? Hmm - well of course there are the pools. The spa. Classes. Trivia. Wine tastings. Food demonstrations. Dance classes. The gym. Shopping. Eating. Sports deck… Disney dining is a totally unique experience on a cruise.

My favourite thing to do on board is lie by the pool (the adults only) with a good book. I like to sit on my balcony and watch the ocean. I like to shop. Nothing really too special - I go on a cruise to relax.

I don’t remember (or they may have changed) the alcohol rules on Disney. We’re on the Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas in Sept. and we’re allowed to bring on two bottles of wine per cabin, but no hard liquor. Every ship has different rules.

If you want up-to-date info on Disney cruises, I’d suggest you join CruiseCritic.com and visit the Disney forum. CruiseCritic is a fabulous site and have the answers to any questions you’ll have.

You do what you want. If you want to sit in your cabin and read and sleep fine. Or you can take advantage of a number of activities on the ship all day.

Each day you will get your Navigator which lists lots of things to do. And the best part is everybody can do different things.

Here is a link to recent Navigators from a 4 day cruise. The night club shows and movies change but otherwise should give you an idea of the activities available on board.

Disney Cruise Line Navigators 9/2/12

just a thanks for asking these questions - we are beginning to zero in on a cruise in March (4 nights) and I was having a ton of questions beginning to mount up.

We are starting to lean towards the 4 night cruise end of June next year so these are great questions.

Thanks for the info! Us first time cruisers have no clue… :blush:

While I haven’t been on a Disney Cruise in a long time, all of the guys in my life love the shows at WDW (especially Beauty and the Beast - from what I know, all the DCL shows are on that scale or greater), so I’m sure they’d love the shows on the Disney ships, too.

There are so many activities scheduled throughout the day, so you can go to whatever interests you. Or you could sit by the pool… hit up the bar… go mini golfing. There are so many entertainment options.

Check out DCL’s website for info on alcohol. I believe their policies are less strict than Royal Caribbean’s and other mass market cruise lines. You should be able to find the information in the FAQs. But for me personally, I’ve found that it’s much more convenient just to buy alcohol on the ships. Bringing it on the ship and going back to the room to get it is a hassle that I usually don’t want to do just to save a few dollars. Which is why bringing on 12-packs of soda is not for me. But it all depends on what works for you.

[QUOTE=llama;1135166]
If you want up-to-date info on Disney cruises, I’d suggest you join CruiseCritic.com and visit the Disney forum. CruiseCritic is a fabulous site and have the answers to any questions you’ll have.[/QUOTE]

The Disney Cruise Line forum on Cruise Critic is actually quite lacking. I’ve found that more people use and regularly update the Disney Cruise Line forum on the DISboards.

[QUOTE=LittleMissMagic;1135242]

The Disney Cruise Line forum on Cruise Critic is actually quite lacking. I’ve found that more people use and regularly update the Disney Cruise Line forum on the DISboards.[/QUOTE]

To be honest, I haven’t even checked out the DCL on CruiseCritic.:redface: I just assumed it would have the the most info. Well, you know what happens when you assume…

Cruise Critic is very sensitive about the issue. Whenever a CCer tells someone seeking advice or a roll call/fish extender group to check out DIS, the post gets removed by the moderators. :laugh:

Wow, Victoria, you’re right! I checked out the DCL on CC and it was pretty sad!