What is the cost of kids meals at a TS these days?

My DGD is now 4, so no more free eating for her. I’ve been looking for the price of kid’s meals and I can only find the price for buffets. Am I missing something? Depending on the cost, she may just getting a appetizer for her meal. She is like most kids, eats like a horse one day and a mouse the next.

have you checked all ears? Which places are you looking for? I can see if I can find for you.

I thought there was some set price for the kid’s meal…like 7.50 or something. You know those meals that would come out on a mickey plate, the appetizer was celery sticks, main course, chicken nuggets and dessert was apple slices. Does that ring a bell? I never took much notice because she was free at that point and just shared. Just thinking about DDP. I thought we wouldn’t do the dining plan but at 39 dollars and Ohana is 31 + tax, it’s worth a second look. Thanks, but no need to look at allears. I just thought someone would say “we just got back, they are 8.47” We aren’t going till Dec and since we are DVC, we can add DDP just a few days before.

$6.50-$7.50 is about the average price. Most range from $5+ to $10+ for CS/TS with the buffet being slightly more. Depends on where you dine but that is the average. Most come with entree (chic tend, pbj, etc) a lil something on the side, cookie or something and a drink.
Is that your DGD in your avatar, she’s a sweetie!

I pay the kids price on the DDP for 11 per day. Approx… at Ohanas it family style. I think you are looking at the adult prices

yes, there is no argument the DDP is super for younger children. But we tried the DDP once and while it was good, a TIW card is better for us. We can eat when we want, with no worries if we have to cancel a TS. This trip we are staying at two resorts (not counting the 1 night at POP). So we can do the DDP for the first 5 days and then wing it for the next 6.

Yes, that’s my DGD. We have another one on the way in a few weeks. At least the DR says it’s a girl. My avatar is from dec 07, my DD, DGD and I went to disney for my birthday.

Yes, I know that was the adult price, that was why we are rethinking the ddp.

There is no set price that’s the same for all meals at all restaurants.

Here’s one example:

Grilled Chicken Breast - with barbecue sauce, red potatoes, and green beans and carrots $9.00

Meaty Macaroni - Macaroni, ground turkey, marinara and mozzarella with broccoli $7.00

Grilled Cheese on Whole Wheat Bread with brown sugar apples $6.00

Tempura Fish Strips with steamed broccoli and dipping sauce $11.00

Grilled All-Beef Hot Dog $6.00

Oh… When we were there in Dec/Jan I do remember paying $4.99 for a kids meal at cosmic rays but thats only because it was OOP and not on the DDP

I don’t know if I’m just not seeing it, but I found the cost at CS, just not at TS.

Thanks for the info DT. I didn’t know the prices jumped around so much. Shows how much I pay attention. :blink:

[QUOTE=jo-jo;967306]I don’t know if I’m just not seeing it, but I found the cost at CS, just not at TS.

Thanks for the info DT. I didn’t know the prices jumped around so much. Shows how much I pay attention. :blink:[/QUOTE]

Are you thinking about doing the DDP because its a good deal or not thinking about it because its expensive? Im sorry Im confused:confused: Its one of those days today:laugh:
Here are some TS I found with kids prices…
Akershus Royal Banquet Hall Dinner - Norway - World Showcase - Epcot
Tutto Italia - Italy - World Showcase - Epcot
Le Cellier Children’s Menu - Canada Pavilion
Liberty Tree Tavern - Kid’s Menu - Magic Kingdom
Tony’s Town Square - Kids’ Menu - Magic Kingdom
Whispering Canyon Cafe - Kid’s Dinner Menu - Wilderness Lodge

[QUOTE=jo-jo;967306]I don’t know if I’m just not seeing it, but I found the cost at CS, just not at TS.

Thanks for the info DT. I didn’t know the prices jumped around so much. Shows how much I pay attention. :blink:[/QUOTE]

Are you looking at AllEars? It’s usualy the last menu listed for each restaurant.

Sci-Fi Dine-In - Lunch (4/09)
Sci-Fi Dine-In - Dinner (4/09)
Sci-Fi Dine-In - Kids’ Menu (8/08)

I think for adults who eat at buffets at lot, the cost of the DDP is somewhat a wash.

But at 11 a day for a child, with a CS costing 5.00 + a buffet costing 12-15 it’s a great deal. And you still have the snack.

We have to decide if the value of child’s DDP is enough for us to also do the DDP and forget the TIW.

If we went to reg. menu type TS, it would really be a no brainer.

Thanks for all the links.:happy:

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;967313]Are you looking at AllEars? It’s usualy the last menu listed for each restaurant.

Sci-Fi Dine-In - Lunch (4/09)
Sci-Fi Dine-In - Dinner (4/09)
Sci-Fi Dine-In - Kids’ Menu (8/08)[/QUOTE]

duhhhhh, :redface::redface::redface::redface: I was just looking at “lunch” and scrolling down, thinking there would be something at the bottom of the menu. Guess my planning mode is set for old people not little kids.:laugh:

[QUOTE=jo-jo;967314]I think for adults who eat at buffets at lot, the cost of the DDP is somewhat a wash.

But at 11 a day for a child, with a CS costing 5.00 + a buffet costing 12-15 it’s a great deal. And you still have the snack.

We have to decide if the value of child’s DDP is enough for us to also do the DDP and forget the TIW.

If we went to reg. menu type TS, it would really be a no brainer.

Thanks for all the links.:happy:[/QUOTE]

NO prob:heart: I think the kids part is a great value. I think depends where you eat your TS is where you may find the better value. I just like having it all done and paid once I get there but in Sept it will be FREE for us:biggrin:

I’m so happy you can find them now, have fun looking through them.

Point of information here, you can eat when you want and cancel a DDP ADR whenever you want as well.
Only the restaurants that require a credit card to secure your reservation need to be canceled 24 hours in advance, but this again has nothing to do with the dining plan. It has everything to do with the popularity of that restaurant (California Grill, CRT, etc.).

Or are you just concerned that you’re not going to use all your TS credits if you’re on a dining plan?

Of course you can cancel about any ADR, however, you have basically prepaid for that meal so if you decide you don’t want to eat a big meal that evening you may end up wasting those credits. You really are locked in to using those credits. When we’ve used the DDP we’ve eaten meals that we really didn’t want to eat but felt like we had to because those credits were paid for before our trips started.

We go in the summer and it’s tough to rebook something if we want to cancel an ADR.

[QUOTE=DisneyTeacher;967323]Of course you can cancel about any ADR, however, you have basically prepaid for that meal so if you decide you don’t want to eat a big meal that evening you may end up wasting those credits. You really are locked in to using those credits. When we’ve used the DDP we’ve eaten meals that we really didn’t want to eat but felt like we had to because those credits were paid for before our trips started.

[/QUOTE]

Our point exactly and why we like the TIW. We don’t feel “forced” to use all those credits.

On our trips, we do tend to eat more in the beginning and then sort of get tired of eating as the time goes by. For this trip we are currently at SSR for 5 nights and then BCV for 6 nights. So if we got the DDP it would be only for the first part. If it was for all 11 nights, I’d say forget it. But that’s why all the math.

[QUOTE=jo-jo;967333]Our point exactly and why we like the TIW. We don’t feel “forced” to use all those credits.

On our trips, we do tend to eat more in the beginning and then sort of get tired of eating as the time goes by. For this trip we are currently at SSR for 5 nights and then BCV for 6 nights. So if we got the DDP it would be only for the first part. If it was for all 11 nights, I’d say forget it. But that’s why all the math.[/QUOTE]

We’re the same, we enjoy the big meals the first few days but by days 7-9 we’re not as excited for those big sit down meals. A couple of years ago we did a split stay between BCV and BWV and we wished we had only done the DDP for the first half of the trip. Plan some bigger meals the first part of the trip and then when you change resorts you can take it a little easier and not feel like you have to eat.