What is the least amount you've spent at WDW?

Not including tickets, rooms and meals because we pay for that all up front. What is the least you’ve spent at WDW on extras? I’ve been really thinking about this. We’ve been so many times we don’t really need any souvineers. So I’m thinking we could spend very little this trip and have the extra $ for Christmas shopping when return. Has anybody ever spent less than $400 in 10 days at WDW? Can it be done?

I couldn’t say what the least amount is as with us being from abroad we spend on other things, but I do think if you dont spend on souvenirs then you could easily do it. If all your food and tickets are already paid you should be fine.
We have stopped buying alot of extras like ride photos and such like as really we have too many now and they all eventually make their way to the attic. Let us know if you manage to do it, it should be interesting to see how easy or difficult it might be to manage without buying all those little extras.

Ok, you forgot to count the tip. We eat mostly at the signature restaurants and on top of the ddp often go to restaurants that are not on the plan.

So, with tip and buying maybe one or two trinkets, because, generally, we don’t do souveniers, we spend well over $1800 for those things. It’s easy to spend $50, $60, $ 70 a day for tips

Ok, I don’t want to think about this any longer. Good bye :pinch:

Zero. I have gone many times for just the price of admission. My souvenirs have been memories and pictures.

Not even a refreshing adult beverage.

You know we all HATE you now! :laugh:

I have to think on this. This summer we stayed on site for 6 nights and 2 other nights enroute- cost was $0. Had a 4 day hopper + 1 GADGAD tic- cost $0. Meals for 6 nights/7days- cost $0. Gas to get there and back from north LA- maybe $50. Souvies- maybe $70. Memories- Priceless:happy:

How??? I took a group of scouts down and with their cookie sales it paid for gas, lodging, their tickets and “some” budgeted meals. Having to accompany as their advisor my portion of the room was covered. We went under the Y.E.S program where we got 2 Chap tics for free + the gadgad was free from our monthly service we do anyway. Meals, what was budgeted covered the advisors and the rest I used my points off my Disney Visa. Didn’t spend as much on souvies since we’d just went last year and only reason I had a gas fee was the price went up from what was budgeted from their sales planned.

Total cost for 8 nights/5 park days/meals/souvies/gas…around $130. Oh heck, i’ll go to $150 since i’m sure there’s a Dole Whip or 2 in there somewhere I forgot to add:laugh:

I think the least we’ve spent on out of pocket extras, as a family of 5, would be $500-$600. We make our kids wait until the end of our trip to choose their purchases. They look all week, and only buy the one or two things they REALLY want. DH and I typically don’t make any purchases for ourselves other than a few adult beverages here and there.

[QUOTE=Mickeybug;1056390]I have to think on this. This summer we stayed on site for 6 nights and 2 other nights enroute- cost was $0. Had a 4 day hopper + 1 GADGAD tic- cost $0. Meals for 6 nights/7days- cost $0. Gas to get there and back from north LA- maybe $50. Souvies- maybe $70. Memories- Priceless:happy:

How??? I took a group of scouts down and with their cookie sales it paid for gas, lodging, their tickets and “some” budgeted meals. Having to accompany as their advisor my portion of the room was covered. We went under the Y.E.S program where we got 2 Chap tics for free + the gadgad was free from our monthly service we do anyway. Meals, what was budgeted covered the advisors and the rest I used my points off my Disney Visa. Didn’t spend as much on souvies since we’d just went last year and only reason I had a gas fee was the price went up from what was budgeted from their sales planned.

Total cost for 8 nights/5 park days/meals/souvies/gas…around $130. Oh heck, i’ll go to $150 since i’m sure there’s a Dole Whip or 2 in there somewhere I forgot to add:laugh:[/QUOTE]
Well done!!

As tight as it can be I guess if you take tip’s out of the equation you can easily do it.

Last trip we spent very little, (due to job cut backs:angry:) OK there was only two of us on the DDP. We would take the disposable cup from the room and grab a cold drink from the food court whilst we waited for the bus, we would each take a bottle of soda to last the a.m. at lunch time we would have a counter meal with one large soda to share and a bottle of water for the afternoon. mid afternoon time for ice cream. evening sit down meal.

the odd bottle of water or coffee depending on the weather.

No photos from rides,:pirate:
Pre order photopass,
No gifts for people on our return.
Use only Disney transport. = no fuel to buy.

Downtown Disney for some bargain bits,
a few items of clothing from around the world.

Its tough but can be done and its better than not going at all.

We go often enough I don’t spend much on souvies most of the time. My sister, my friend and her little girl, and I went in June for a week. The souvies I bought totaled $40 but that was just for myself. I bought a couple of pins and the ride pic from Dinosaur. That’s it. So I think you can easily spend very little on souvies if you try.

Sounds like if I’m VERY disciplined I can do it. This is not in my nature AT ALL so we will see. I’ve already got tip money set aside seperately so I don’t count that. DD has her won money to spend so that helps. Can it be done? Maybe we shall see. If I AVOID the Emporium then yes I can succeed but if I walk in there, I’M DONE! :blush::laugh:

I think you should be fine with $400 for just spending money!! Can’t wait to hear how it turns out!

My last trip was a 2 night/3 day trip, in which I always charge everything to my room key card. Got the bill when checking out…$79! That total included all my food and misc. stuff. Already had an AP, used DVC points, so only other cost was airfare of $169.

Oh boy, if I could keep things this low, I would go more than once every year or so. My plane tickets are so outrageous, it boggles the mind.

Yeah, we are a little spoiled with being 30 minutes from Midway, Southwest usually has some good rates going (except for around Easter!)

Do you know that I paid just under $ 900. per ticket last year and for economy :ohmy::nuke::pinch::mad::frown::eek::glare:

You’re gonna have to book Southwest via Midway, and just stay with us the night before to get there easily!!!

$1k…I’m a shopper.

FOR ONE DAY …

We had only spent $52 for one day last May when hit Epcot and MK …
I spent $40 of that in Epcot … If I could only remember what is was I had purchased … Hmmmmmmm:whistling

Be careful what you offer :laugh: I might just take you up on that.

Actually I have a SIL living in Ann Arbor, I’d hate to come off a plane and drive another 5 hours to get home. This is why I try not to complain about my ticket prices :ph34r: