What is there to do at disney?

Ok so I’m being dragged to disney land in orlando by my wife and my sister. Why in the world would adults want to spend time at a kids park!! Am I going to be bored out of my skull or is there actual things to do there?

Please let me know what I should do to pass the time and make the weekend go quicker.

My wife and I just returned from a 7 day trip to WDW without kids and we had a ball. Lots of stuff for grownups to and see. Even if your not into rides the food and drinks at Epcot are really good and there is always DTD

Umm…are you serious :confused:
Well if ya are you can go to Epcot and tour the countries. DTD for shopping. HS for shows.
What about getting a boat and going fishing or rent a sea racer. You can also golf there. Perhaps hanging out at the pool?

Perhaps I’m not giving good ideas because I love it all and don’t feel the same way. Now my husband just stays home. He won’t even let me drag him there. :laugh:

[QUOTE=tinkerbelle24;959854]Umm…are you serious :confused:
[/QUOTE]

Haha…of course he’s not…it’s Tigger!:laugh:

Have fun! Will you be writing another one of your great TR’s?

Dear Tigger –

I have some suggestions for how you can spend your time at Disney. Give them all a try and then please report back here with your thoughts.

1. Take up knitting! A quick pre-vacation visit to a good needlecraft store and you’ll be all set with starter knitting needles, some basic yarn, and an instructional video. Just close the curtains of your room, pop the video in the TV, and in no time at all, you’ll have a 24-foot scarf!

2. Work on a good sock tan! Just pack some white crew socks (which can be worn with sandals! YAY!) and then sit outdoors with your legs in the sun. At the end of each day, you can see how red your legs have become, and your feet will still be winter white! Hilarious!!!

3. Be a good citizen! Devote your days to picking up stray bits of garbage on the sidewalk, trimming out the occasional wilted flower from an otherwise perfect garden, and helping lost children find their way to their family’s agreed-upon “lost kid meeting spot!” Boy will you be popular!

[QUOTE=cinderbella;959859]Haha…of course he’s not…it’s Tigger!:laugh:

Have fun! Will you be writing another one of your great TR’s?[/QUOTE]

Oh…Hahahahahahahaha :laugh: :blush:
I’m sorry Tigger. I guess I don’t know ya on here. :laugh:

1. Try other peoples’ food! Go to the restaurants and take a nibble of any interesting plates you see on the tables around you. You’ll get to try so many foods you might otherwise have missed!

2. Share your fashion sense! Mention to passersby how they are looking today. If they need some constructive criticism, be sure to offer it. WDW will be a better place for it, and you’ll be richly rewarded by one and all for your gracious observations.

3. Bring your white gloves! Take a moment to dust around your room each day. If you find a stray speck, be sure to let the front desk know, as well as people who are in line to check in!, and then prepare a lengthy report on it so the entire online community will be aware.

1. Test your boundaries! See just how many Lapu Lapus you can drink. This is a dignified and super fun activity for your entire group – even the kids! – and lots of fun for everyone at the tables near you.

2. Be adventurous! Go to the parks and find all the doors marked “Cast Members Only.” Open each of them, stroll on in and see what’s back there. Greet each angry CM with a warm Tigger hug. Especially fun if you take a camera and get some good rare shots.

3. Stimulate your mind! Count how many stalls are in each bathroom at each of the parks and then make a color-coded Excel spreadsheet when you get home. It will make really fun reading material for years to come! Of course, counting stalls in the women’s restrooms might prove difficult, but that’s half the fun!

[QUOTE=MissDisney;959867]7. See just how many Lapu Lapus you can drink. This is a super fun activity for your entire group – even the kids! – and lots of fun for everyone at the tables near you.

1. Be adventurous. Go to the parks and find all the doors marked “Cast Members Only.” Open each of them and see what’s back there. Especially fun if you take a camera and get some good rare shots.

2. Count how many stalls are in each bathroom at each of the parks and then make a color-coded Excel spreadsheet when you get home. It will make really fun reain gmaterial for years to come![/QUOTE]

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: OMG! I’m laughing so hard. I think all the choices are the best I ever heard. :laugh:

And finally, my favorite:

1. Scare other peoples’ little children! Make creepy faces at them while their parents aren’t looking, chase them while roaring “Yeah you better run, kid!” Grab their toys right out of their hands and dare them to cry. Or simply growl at them while they are in line for Adventures of Pooh. This is good for a thousand laughs. No need to thank me… it’s my pleasure to share this wisdom with one and all!

[QUOTE=MissDisney;959873]And finally, my favorite:

1. Scare other peoples’ little children! Make creepy faces at them while their parents aren’t looking, chase them while roaring “Yeah you better run, kid!” Grab their toys right out of their hands and dare them to cry. Or simply growl at them while they are in line for Adventures of Pooh. This is good for a thousand laughs. No need to thank me… it’s my pleasure to share this wisdom with one and all![/QUOTE]

I’d like to add to this one by saying you should most definately tell the kids in line for IASW that the dolls really do kill some people and you never know which boat will be the “boat of death” LOL

Miss Disney, you’re killing me here! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

[QUOTE=MissDisney;959860]Dear Tigger –

I have some suggestions for how you can spend your time at Disney. Give them all a try and then please report back here with your thoughts.

1. Take up knitting! A quick pre-vacation visit to a good needlecraft store and you’ll be all set with starter knitting needles, some basic yarn, and an instructional video. Just close the curtains of your room, pop the video in the TV, and in no time at all, you’ll have a 24-foot scarf!

2. Work on a good sock tan! Just pack some white crew socks (which can be worn with sandals! YAY!) and then sit outdoors with your legs in the sun. At the end of each day, you can see how red your legs have become, and your feet will still be winter white! Hilarious!!!

3. Be a good citizen! Devote your days to picking up stray bits of garbage on the sidewalk, trimming out the occasional wilted flower from an otherwise perfect garden, and helping lost children find their way to their family’s agreed-upon “lost kid meeting spot!” Boy will you be popular![/QUOTE]
    :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Ummm, Tigger? Where’s the sunshine?

MissDisney: cracking.me.up.

Dana::nonono2::nonono2::laugh:

:laugh::laugh::laugh: I needed that. I’m right in the middle of cleaning my oven, I so needed a good laugh. Have fun Tigger.

LOL at this entire thread. Have a good trip Tigger!

I see this board is full of wise crackers…hmmmm.

MissDisney I don’t have time to knit a scarf as I am in the middle of knitting a new set of underwear. I am moving up from thongs to tighty whities…whole other level.

Tans are so over rated. I am happily pasty white as can be…can I bring my big golf umbrella? I’ve been looking for a new urban sombrero…and of course I never leave my house without my white gloves.

So is that Pirate ride still around? How about outer space ride thing.

Dana that IASW sounds like my kind of ride!

I’ve heard great things about some stitch ride…is it really as fun as they say?

This whole thread is making me LOL! You guys rock!

Or, just as you’re about to step into the boat, tell the CM that you’re afraid of the evil dolls. If they look at you odd, start saying it over and over and progressively louder…

“Evil Dolls”
“Evil Dolls!!”
“EVIL DOLLS!!!”
“EVIL DOLLS!!!”

:laugh:

what a great thread!!!
I thought the same thing…is this guy serious!!!:blink::blink:
Love the IASW idea!!
dont forget to put your hands up when riding the people mover & the train…freaks people out. i did it on the tram at hershey park…should have seen the looks I got!!:laugh::laugh::laugh: